a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ISIS and You.. Its a beutiful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kraven View Post

This is what it's like around here these days. People itching for a war on their doorstep. Everyone grossly interested in which side they can take but not so much in being patriotic, educated, and unable to be steered by headlines and dogma.

We give our attention to videos of people being beheaded, meanwhile those guys and gals we sent over to the sandbox have spent over a decade in one of the worst hospital care systems and we can't seem to find that sexy enough to pay attention to for more than 5 minutes or the time it takes to peel and stick a bumper sticker on an F150.

We've turned into an awful and polarized people incapable of finding solutions and enamored by our ability to point the finger and blame everyone else for our failings. I don't even know where we go from here. It might be hopeless for us. We might just continue to spin out of control, telling ourselves we're countersteering and are just about to get it righted when we really aren't.

I think we might be screwed because I don't know if we have what it takes to be great anymore. At the least, I used to feel like we could sort of stand on the idea of liberty and freedom in the founding documents and amendments we've made. But I'm not so sure anymore.

Mike Brown's shooting has brought out some of our worst problems, like a big forehead zit on prom night.

If ISIS comes here and beheads someone, they'll be killed til they die from it. That's not a problem. Right now, I think we're the biggest problem with the USA. Us and our righteous rage based on the idea that you have to choose a side in this binary pissing match.

Anyway, it's hunting season and I have a lot to do. I'll see y'all around.
    Exactly. Well said.

Our biggest threat is us. It's just easier to point at an outside party than examine our own faults.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Chick View Post
    Our biggest threat is us. It's just easier to point at an outside party than examine our own faults.
    That's the funny part about the conservative stance -- because there's a Democrat in the White House, they're free to say that the country is a "cesspool" and make all sorts of other disparaging remarks; however, if you bring up a specific criticism of the United States, whether it be the culture, politics, or economy, you "hate America."
    "Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!" -- Christopher Hitchens

[video=youtube;Rpn0vh2Rj0Y]I think we might be screwed because I don't know if we have what it takes to be great anymore. At the least, I used to feel like we could sort of stand on the idea of liberty and freedom in the founding documents and amendments we've made. But I'm not so sure anymore.
    Even then it was BS *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    That's the funny part about the conservative stance -- because there's a Democrat in the White House, they're free to say that the country is a "cesspool" and make all sorts of other disparaging remarks; however, if you bring up a specific criticism of the United States, whether it be the culture, politics, or economy, you "hate America."
    Ratt will be along in a moment to call you a Muslim worshiping, commie loving, pinko ginko, god hating progressive...
    "Brew your own beer, blow up your TV, kill your own beef, build your own cabin and piss off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it." -Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by mattawamkeag View Post
    Ratt will be along in a moment to call you a Muslim worshiping, commie loving, pinko ginko, god hating progressive...
    Oh, did you get the Ratt See N Say, too? I pull the string every once in a while. The constancy is reassuring.

It is far more likely that if Isis gets a toe hold here that they will make D.C. New York, or L.A seem like a suburb of the sun. Be easy to do, look how porus our borders are. Millions of innocent people die so the Dems can turn Texas blue and solidify power. The liberal/democrat agenda is far more dangerous than all the terror groups combined. If either of these political parties gets total power, we've had it.
    58" Big Jim Thunderchild 60@30, 2 Toelke Hill Style LongbowS 51@30 & 45@30, Fedroa X-cellerator 44@30, Black Widow PSAX 44@28, Black Widow KBX 43@30, Hill style longbow by Maurice Cash 86@30. "The journey is more important than the destination"

Quote Originally Posted by Soocom1 View Post

Our inept and bungling worthless hamster excrement in the Whitehouse goes about his golf game and puts words to the crime.
    How old are you, ten?
    "'Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise': thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents."

Quote Originally Posted by swinestalker View Post
    The liberal/democrat agenda is far more dangerous than all the terror groups combined.
    This is a perfect example of why this country is divided, this "agenda" bull****. You guys have been spun so hard that you're cheering every day for the party that is screwing you the hardest.
    Are you happy with the currently successful right wing agenda?
    "'Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise': thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents."

Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    Some people actually think that turning this country into a plutocracy and a theocracy is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    This is a perfect example of why this country is divided, this "agenda" bull****. You guys have been spun so hard that you're cheering every day for the party that is screwing you the hardest.
    I believe in your blind fervor to defend all things Democrat, you did not notice my entire post. I don't like either party. You disparage me for "agenda bs", and then state your belief in the "right wing agenda"! You sound like one of the commentators for Msnbc, attack and label anything or anyone not on the Democrat bandwagon. You are so obviously in the tank for one party that all reason has been abandoned. But alas my poor confused friend, there is some hope for you. Simply remove head from your savior's backside and breathe the free air a while, turn off CNN and MSNBC. If these simple steps can be accomplished, you might soon find yourself capable of lucid thought and comment. After the fog clears, you may realize that my point was that I don't want the nuts from either side to gain complete control. German beer is great!
    58" Big Jim Thunderchild 60@30, 2 Toelke Hill Style LongbowS 51@30 & 45@30, Fedroa X-cellerator 44@30, Black Widow PSAX 44@28, Black Widow KBX 43@30, Hill style longbow by Maurice Cash 86@30. "The journey is more important than the destination"

Some people actually think that turning this country into a plutocracy and a theocracy is a good idea.
    I do!, I do! ...wait, no, ...on second thought...
    "Brew your own beer, blow up your TV, kill your own beef, build your own cabin and piss off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it." -Edward Abbey

lmao

Or go down to the border and kill some 8 year olds trying to cross.

When did "we don't behead on YouTube" become our moral high ground?
    Please. Nobody on this forum said they wanted to do that. Stay on the topic. This is a powerfully emotional issue. I watched an American on you tube say goodbye to his family and have a black robed monster CUT HIS HEAD OFF with a knife! It took a while. Because it's more horrible that way.he was murdered because he was an American. The man that did this said they were going to do it a lot more. And they were coming to the US and do it here. So yes, people are angry, and because we can't do a damn thing about it, we are frustrated. Many of you are condemning posters for making what you consider anti Muslim/violence promoting comments. Fine. You can, and in some cases, should. But the post title addresses a very real possibility of acts of terrorists in our country. We have already seen the beginning. It's going to get worse in our future. When it comes to public beheadings of people, I think we DO have the moral high ground.
    Praesto et Persto

Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    Please. Nobody on this forum said they wanted to do that.
    Willing to stand by that one?

What are you trying to do CT, incite a riot on AT? Use your common sense! I willing to bet Billie was very accurate on his assumption.
    Obsession Evolution 29" 70lbs Stormy Hardwoods Original
    Obsession Phoenix 29" 65lbs Stormy Hardwoods Natural
    Elite Answer 29" 70lbs Realtree AP
    Prime Defy 29" 60lbs Optifade Open Country

Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    Please. Nobody on this forum said they wanted to do that. Stay on the topic. This is a powerfully emotional issue. I watched an American on you tube say goodbye to his family and have a black robed monster CUT HIS HEAD OFF with a knife! It took a while. Because it's more horrible that way.he was murdered because he was an American. The man that did this said they were going to do it a lot more. And they were coming to the US and do it here. So yes, people are angry, and because we can't do a damn thing about it, we are frustrated. Many of you are condemning posters for making what you consider anti Muslim/violence promoting comments. Fine. You can, and in some cases, should. But the post title addresses a very real possibility of acts of terrorists in our country. We have already seen the beginning. It's going to get worse in our future. When it comes to public beheadings of people, I think we DO have the moral high ground.
    ...given to ridiculous amounts of steroidal hubris, hyperbole, exaggeration, and overt fear mongering. See post #56 for a perfect example.

Sometimes I wonder if you ever express any of our emotions to people CT, or even if you have any.

Quote Originally Posted by AttilaTheHun View Post
    What are you trying to do CT, incite a riot on AT? Use your common sense!
    Yes, "common sense" would tell me that a lot of people have endorsed shooting Mexicans and other illegal immigrants trying to cross the border indiscriminately.

...given to ridiculous amounts of steroidal hubris, hyperbole, exaggeration, and overt fear mongering. See post #56 for a perfect example.

So as CT would state, are you willing to bet on it regarding a weapon of mass destruction will never be detonated in our country because of our governments policy on porous borders and and catering to terrorists with our liberal policies?

Quote Originally Posted by AttilaTheHun View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if you ever express any of our emotions to people CT, or even if you have any.
    Sure, I have emotions, and they go beyond "hysteria" and "outrage."

Yes, "common sense" would tell me that a lot of people have endorsed shooting Mexicans and other illegal immigrants trying to cross the border indiscriminately.
    Mexicans coming across our border is different than Arabs coming across wanting to kill us. As far as Mexicans coming across our border, I would be willing to bet that most folks on here would want the government to enforce our border security and send the folks back who are able to get through. If a rancher confronts an illegal that is coming across the border and tries to stop them and that illegal shows aggression and is threatening the life of the rancher than I would say its okay to use deadly force to protect their family and themselves. I don't think folks on A&E are advocating going and having a turkey shoot on illegals.

So when there are not Christians on YouTube beheading people, and when there are Muslims who do, there is no moral equivalent.
    Christians are idiots for believing there could be a problem.

When Christians post on YouTube a group of mimes where a man talks with God, there is moral outrage over Christian apostolic.

When an American is beheaded, instead of a moral write-in campaign to take down the post and stop the advertising, the video get multiple millions of hits to watch in morbid curiosity as a slow and agonizing death where a man is slowly beheaded, his inner throat shown, and blood spewing, and that is OK.

Showing the REPRESENTATION of aborted fetuses however is not.

A flag of ISIS flown on front of the Whitehouse is considered a joke and to be dismissed, but a girl saying "God Bless you " in a class is an offence to be squashed.

We can have repeated images of death and carnage, and the repeat by the media of a message from ISIS bringing their message verbalized by the moronic media, but a boy in a school who says that he is going to shoot his neighbors PET DINOSAOUR WITH A GUN.. he is suspended.

Gotya..

So the 180 degree out of phase moral exceptions that the LEFT brings to this country is supported, but any moral raking or clarification is NOT EXCUSED because it violates someone's own lack of sensibilities.

So when those who say ISIS isn't coming, they may be right.

But I also say that you are extremely naīve and in for a world of hurt when yet once again, because of the dismissive attitude to the reality of the world, more people will be killed as a result.
    "Im a Dapper Dan man"

Sure, I have emotions, and they go beyond "hysteria" and "outrage."

Sure would be hard to tell from any of your posts! I don't think from any post on here, someone was showing hysteria or outrage,I think it was more in the line that if beheadings were to happen in this country, folks on here would try to eliminate the terrorists or perpetrators that were responsible. What outrageous about that? I'm sure you would like to sit down with these folks and have dialogue with them, just like Obama said he would. Well, we know how that has been working so far! Get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by Soocom1 View Post
    So when there are not Christians on YouTube beheading people, and when there are Muslims who do, there is no moral equivalent.
    Christians are idiots for believing there could be a problem.

When Christians post on YouTube a group of mimes where a man talks with God, there is moral outrage over Christian apostolic.

When an American is beheaded, instead of a moral write-in campaign to take down the post and stop the advertising, the video get multiple millions of hits to watch in morbid curiosity as a slow and agonizing death where a man is slowly beheaded, his inner throat shown, and blood spewing, and that is OK.

Showing the REPRESENTATION of aborted fetuses however is not.

A flag of ISIS flown on front of the Whitehouse is considered a joke and to be dismissed, but a girl saying "God Bless you " in a class is an offence to be squashed.

We can have repeated images of death and carnage, and the repeat by the media of a message from ISIS bringing their message verbalized by the moronic media, but a boy in a school who says that he is going to shoot his neighbors PET DINOSAOUR WITH A GUN.. he is suspended.

Gotya..

So the 180 degree out of phase moral exceptions that the LEFT brings to this country is supported, but any moral raking or clarification is NOT EXCUSED because it violates someone's own lack of sensibilities.

So when those who say ISIS isn't coming, they may be right.

But I also say that you are extremely naīve and in for a world of hurt when yet once again, because of the dismissive attitude to the reality of the world, more people will be killed as a result.

C'mon, you are being outrageous, and showing too much hysteria in your post!

Well said.

Sure CT. If it makes you feel better, dig through all your saved archives to the post where someone stated they are going to the border to shoot 8 year olds. I'm sure you have it ready, finger tensed over the send button, twitching in anticipation.
    Praesto et Persto

You are probably right, why should we be concerned? Just because millions of deranged, suicidal idiots are desperately trying to develop nuclear weapons and have been promising to do this to us for more than 20 years. Just look at all the problems those fear mongering Jews caused Hitler. If we just all bury our heads in the sand and be willing to convert to Islam, no one will get hurt. Good plan!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast