a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ISIS and You.. Its a beutiful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AttilaTheHun View Post
    So as CT would state, are you willing to bet on it regarding a weapon of mass destruction will never be detonated in our country because of our governments policy on porous borders and and catering to terrorists with our liberal policies?
    Right, ...because your conservative policies of the past have been so good at securing the border? This isn't an ideological problem it's fundamental problem and finding a way to shift an entire country's ingrained thinking is going to be difficult at best.

"Brew your own beer, blow up your TV, kill your own beef, build your own cabin and piss off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it." -Edward Abbey

They have an estimated 1000 "westerners" I'm guessing Europeans and Americans. 100 of which are Americans, all with passports. There was one guy from Florida that carried out a suicide bombing in Syria in May. They just released a video of him burning his passport and talking about their views in a half hour video. I do think that there will be a terrorist attack on US soil sometime in the near future.

My 5 grade teacher gave me the best description of a terrorist I have ever heard. He said lets say I tell you there's gonna be a test tomorrow, you will all go home and study. You come in and no test, he says the same thing that day about the following day, you study, and again no test. Eventually you will stop studying some time in the future, and that's when the test comes.

I would like to see how many US flights still have US Marshalls on them, like they did after 9/11. We are half the problem, lets not forget that about a year ago the TSA was weeks away from allowing knives smaller that 2 inches on planes again. Box cutters were still to be banned. We started to get comfortable, the only hope we have currently is we are somewhat aware of a threat, and wasn't out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mattawamkeag View Post
    ...given to ridiculous amounts of steroidal hubris, hyperbole, exaggeration, and overt fear mongering. See post #56 for a perfect example.
    Yes. And I did say some deserve to be called out on their comments. But this shouldn't dissolve into a radical right liberal left cluster like almost all threads do. Well, too late I guess. Time to start a new theological discussion.
    Praesto et Persto

Quote Originally Posted by swinestalker View Post
    I believe in your blind fervor to defend all things Democrat, you did not notice my entire post. I don't like either party. You disparage me for "agenda bs", and then state your belief in the "right wing agenda"! You sound like one of the commentators for Msnbc, attack and label anything or anyone not on the Democrat bandwagon. You are so obviously in the tank for one party that all reason has been abandoned. But alas my poor confused friend, there is some hope for you. Simply remove head from your savior's backside and breathe the free air a while, turn off CNN and MSNBC. If these simple steps can be accomplished, you might soon find yourself capable of lucid thought and comment. After the fog clears, you may realize that my point was that I don't want the nuts from either side to gain complete control. German beer is great!
    You are correct, sir. German beer is great.

I understood your post completely, and it seems you understand my point to a degree. The right has their parade of bull****, and so does the left. I do think however that the righty audience is much more fired up about imaginary stuff, leading them away from an assessment of facts and ideas and to an emotion-lead hatred and childish maligning of persons on the other side. They want you to think it's about the people, when it's actually about the concepts.

Who are we if we condone errors on our chosen side because they feed us some line of **** that they're the true patriots and standard bearers for the authentic American dream? In short, they are just employees, and they're not very good at it. The right is without a doubt the party of wealth, which could work wonderfully if they would allow rising tides to lift all boats and dropped the pandering to some of the uglier slices of society. The left has gone from being a party of the working class to the party of the extreme left, yet have no idea how to solve the lefty soft spots of poverty, hunger and education. In fact, I can't remember the left accomplishing anything since the moon landing. I could be wrong.

Everybody draws a hard line now, in fact a politician who compromises is ripped apart. What we actually need is a congress and senate who represent all the people, and get the hot topics onto the list and addressed in short order. This is sacrificed because re-election is everything. Any project that takes longer than an election cycle is left off the table, hence our failing infrastructure and third-world Internet.

Take for instance gun control. The extreme right wants to give zero ground no matter what. The extreme left wants all guns thrown into the sea. But the reality is, we just need to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the insane. More law enforcement to keep illegal guns off the street, equal avenues to education and prosperity that eliminate the breeding grounds of gangs, and background checks to prevent sales of guns to lunatics and felons. It's not that hard. Let PETA square off against the NRA regarding Bambi's rights to not hang on my wall, frankly most of America doesn't care one way or the other. But these pricks we have in office are focused on one thing: re-election. So they don't have to get a single thing done, they just need to be seen making an unreasonable stand. They need to go on Fox and MSNBC and look tough, meanwhile the actual repairs go uncompleted.

OK, back to work for a while.
    "'Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise': thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents."

Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post

I understood your post completely, and it seems you understand my point to a degree. The right has their parade of bull****, and so does the left. I do think however that the righty audience is much more fired up about imaginary stuff, leading them away from an assessment of facts and ideas and to an emotion-lead hatred and childish maligning of persons on the other side. They want you to think it's about the people, when it's actually about the concepts.

Who are we if we condone errors on our chosen side because they feed us some line of **** that they're the true patriots and standard bearers for the authentic American dream? In short, they are just employees, and they're not very good at it. The right is without a doubt the party of wealth, which could work wonderfully if they would allow rising tides to lift all boats and dropped the pandering to some of the uglier slices of society. The left has gone from being a party of the working class to the party of the extreme left, yet have no idea how to solve the lefty soft spots of poverty, hunger and education. In fact, I can't remember the left accomplishing anything since the moon landing. I could be wrong.

Everybody draws a hard line now, in fact a politician who compromises is ripped apart. What we actually need is a congress and senate who represent all the people, and get the hot topics onto the list and addressed in short order. This is sacrificed because re-election is everything. Any project that takes longer than an election cycle is left off the table, hence our failing infrastructure and third-world Internet.

Take for instance gun control. The extreme right wants to give zero ground no matter what. The extreme left wants all guns thrown into the sea. But the reality is, we just need to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the insane. More law enforcement to keep illegal guns off the street, equal avenues to education and prosperity that eliminate the breeding grounds of gangs, and background checks to prevent sales of guns to lunatics and felons. It's not that hard. Let PETA square off against the NRA regarding Bambi's rights to not hang on my wall, frankly most of America doesn't care one way or the other. But these pricks we have in office are focused on one thing: re-election. So they don't have to get a single thing done, they just need to be seen making an unreasonable stand. They need to go on Fox and MSNBC and look tough, meanwhile the actual repairs go uncompleted.

So when the Twin towers were bombed, it was a criminal act.

We ignored the threat and sent missiles into a tent and blew up a camel. The Right criticized it and said we didn't do enough. But the left said. blah humbuggers.. your "righties don't know jack, you paranoid Neanderthal, knuckle dragging morons."

Then 911.
    "Im a Dapper Dan man"

Right, ...because your conservative policies of the past have been so good at securing the border? This isn't an ideological problem it's fundamental problem and finding a way to shift an entire country's ingrained thinking is going to be difficult at best.
    I never said the the conservative policies were working, its just gotten much worse with the current policies, or lack thereof.
    Obsession Evolution 29" 70lbs Stormy Hardwoods Original
    Obsession Phoenix 29" 65lbs Stormy Hardwoods Natural
    Elite Answer 29" 70lbs Realtree AP
    Prime Defy 29" 60lbs Optifade Open Country

I never said the the conservative policies were working, its just gotten much worse with the current policies, or lack thereof.
    I don't think it's gotten any worse or any better, this just happens to be in the spotlight again because it's convenient campaign fodder. There has NEVER been a cohesive border policy in this country, ever. Republican and Democrat alike have all had their fingers in the open door policies of the past. Once we can accept the fact that blame is warranted in every corner and decide to find a common sloution we can actually get something done. Until then it's just more mindless, partisan, poo flinging.
    "Brew your own beer, blow up your TV, kill your own beef, build your own cabin and piss off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it." -Edward Abbey

I don't think it's gotten any worse or any better, this just happens to be in the spotlight again because it's convenient campaign fodder. There has NEVER been a cohesive border policy in this country, ever. Republican and Democrat alike have all had their fingers in the open door policies of the past. Once we can accept the fact that blame is warranted in every corner and decide to find a common sloution we can actually get something done. Until then it's just more mindless, partisan, poo flinging.
    I will agree with you on that for the most part, but it definitely has gotten worse over the past few years based on what the media is telling us. Now whether they were not reporting on it or focusing on it 20years prior, who knows. Once again, lack of common sense from both sides to fix this major issue.

I'm inclined to think that there have been many failed attempts on US soil that we aren't told about.

That being said, after BO was elected the shift in focus became intelligence gathering and covert ops. Now that we have another wiley desert enemy, I'm looking forward to seeing if the tactic bears fruit.
    "'Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise': thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents."

I will agree with you on that for the most part, but it definitely has gotten worse over the past few years based on what the media is telling us. Now whether they were not reporting on it or focusing on it 20years prior, who knows. Once again, lack of common sense from both sides to fix this major issue.
    Amen.

...but if I were going to walk the materials for a nuke across a border it wouldn't be our southern one. I can walk in and out of Canada a hundred times a day in a hundred different places and the only thing that's going to notice me doing it are the Moose.

When the US won wars it did so by killing people! Our pansy potus is just gonna talk to them and draw imaginary lines. Either get a hold of your own religion and region or well...................be ruled by a big stick! You bit first!
    Progressive pansies are ruining the nation.
    People have been beheaded since the beginning and probably fewer today, you just see and hear about it now. We annihilate our own children in the womb and say "hey it is my right man!" No more than it was this dude right to behead on of our own. Double standard. Send out the bombers, unleash hell and destruction and do like the progressive left wants and says they wish to do to the right, eliminate them!
    With progressives in control the US will never win another war and we will be in a downward spiral.

Very nice! The very fact that you like German beer is enough for us to be friends regardless of any political differences. My politics are simple, the republicans are bad and the dems are worse. Why? Because I want the damn government out of most parts of our lives. I don't want anymore stupid laws. I want most of the ridiculous laws currently on the books removed. I don't want welfare for anyone but Military/Public servants who were harmed serving our nation. Welfare for the masses will always be a disaster. Except for military, we can do most things better without this albatross government we live under. The Dem party has descended into an arm of the radical left movement and they truly possess a special kind of stupid. Barak Obama is the product of welfare and political correctness. He is a weak, Dis honest, and foolish idealog who has surrounded himself with the same. Nothing draws aggression in the natural world like weakness. Any wonder Putin, a product of the cold war and the Kgb is making an arse of us on the world stage? Look at our leaders since Reagan, our democracy has become corrupted and the character of our people decsended to such a level that we can no longer elect the strong, effective leaders we so desperately need. History indicates we will continue to decline as a nation and eventually fall from our own stupidity and weakness. It is simply too late to change things, and too soon to start shooting the bass turds yet. So in the meantime I will focus on the things that really matter, Family, Friends and German Beer! If you ever make down this way Spreggy, look me up, I Keep a fridge full of very good German beer on hand at all times.
    58" Big Jim Thunderchild 60@30, 2 Toelke Hill Style LongbowS 51@30 & 45@30, Fedroa X-cellerator 44@30, Black Widow PSAX 44@28, Black Widow KBX 43@30, Hill style longbow by Maurice Cash 86@30. "The journey is more important than the destination"

Amen.

...but if I were going to walk the materials for a nuke across a border it wouldn't be our southern one. I can walk in and out of Canada a hundred times a day in a hundred different places and the only thing that's going to notice me doing it are the Moose.
    You are corrct Sir. Among many other places they can walk across up north.
    Quote Originally Posted by wacker stacker View Post
    When the US won wars it did so by killing people! Our pansy potus is just gonna talk to them and draw imaginary lines. Either get a hold of your own religion and region or well...................be ruled by a big stick! You bit first!
    Progressive pansies are ruining the nation.
    People have been beheaded since the beginning and probably fewer today, you just see and hear about it now. We annihilate our own children in the womb and say "hey it is my right man!" No more than it was this dude right to behead on of our own. Double standard. Send out the bombers, unleash hell and destruction and do like the progressive left wants and says they wish to do to the right, eliminate them!
    With progressives in control the US will never win another war and we will be in a downward spiral.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by swinestalker View Post
    Very nice! The very fact that you like German beer is enough for us to be friends regardless of any political differences. My politics are simple, the republicans are bad and the dems are worse. Why? Because I want the damn government out of most parts of our lives. I don't want anymore stupid laws. I want most of the ridiculous laws currently on the books removed. I don't want welfare for anyone but Military/Public servants who were harmed serving our nation. Welfare for the masses will always be a disaster. Except for military, we can do most things better without this albatross government we live under. The Dem party has descended into an arm of the radical left movement and they truly possess a special kind of stupid. Barak Obama is the product of welfare and political correctness. He is a weak, Dis honest, and foolish idealog who has surrounded himself with the same. Nothing draws aggression in the natural world like weakness. Any wonder Putin, a product of the cold war and the Kgb is making an arse of us on the world stage? Look at our leaders since Reagan, our democracy has become corrupted and the character of our people decsended to such a level that we can no longer elect the strong, effective leaders we so desperately need. History indicates we will continue to decline as a nation and eventually fall from our own stupidity and weakness. It is simply too late to change things, and too soon to start shooting the bass turds yet. So in the meantime I will focus on the things that really matter, Family, Friends and German Beer! If you ever make down this way Spreggy, look me up, I Keep a fridge full of very good German beer on hand at all times.
    You are also correct Sir. However, I do think our government has been very corrupt for a long time. Even during the Reagan years, however, at least he hated Communism, believed heavily in peace through strentgh, smaller government, capitalism, and the beacon that this great counrty once was. I for one sure miss him as our POTUS!

You are corrct Sir. Among many other places they can walk across up north.

Agreed!

You are also correct Sir. However, I do think our government has been very corrupt for a long time. Even during the Reagan years, however, at least he hated Communism, believed heavily in peace through strentgh, smaller government, capitalism, and the beacon that this great counrty once was. I for one sure miss him as our POTUS!
    I think You may have Reagan and smaller government a little off, its a pretty popular myth, http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/0...vernment-Myth#

http://www.theledger.com/article/201...IT02/130139999

http://www.thomhartmann.com/forum/20...ment-conservat

Add in the cost of the " just say no " war on drugs and the price just keeps going up, Now we did spend the Soviets into the ground, but alot of the revisionist history is Just plain wrong,
    Boomer Sooner

Quote Originally Posted by atennishu View Post
    I think You may have Reagan and smaller government a little off, its a pretty popular myth, http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/0...vernment-Myth#

Add in the cost of the " just say no " war on drugs and the price just keeps going up, Now we did spend the Soviets into the ground, but alot of the revisionist history is Just plain wrong,
    True, but right now, what Reagan was doing would really help!
    58" Big Jim Thunderchild 60@30, 2 Toelke Hill Style LongbowS 51@30 & 45@30, Fedroa X-cellerator 44@30, Black Widow PSAX 44@28, Black Widow KBX 43@30, Hill style longbow by Maurice Cash 86@30. "The journey is more important than the destination"

Quote Originally Posted by wacker stacker View Post
    When the US won wars it did so by killing people! Our pansy potus is just gonna talk to them and draw imaginary lines.
    Do you even watch the news?

Quote Originally Posted by atennishu View Post

It's true that Reagan worship has gotten out of hand, and that he was as corrupt as any, but he and Tip did get things done in a a reasonably fair way. His "We get one, so you get one" with the democrats should be the thing most respected.

....................... but he and Tip did get things done in a a reasonably fair way. His "We get one, so you get one" with the democrats should be the thing most respected.
    That would be ok, except your man in the big house will not negotiate. Neither will you as I found out recently on the border crisis issue.
    ....................Sent via Overland Pony Express.............

"We've upped our standards. Up yours"

Quote Originally Posted by 410gage View Post
    That would be ok, except your man in the big house will not negotiate. Neither will you as I found out recently on the border crisis issue.
    Oh come on now, standing orders among Republicans is always vote no. The Rovian doctrine says anything that can be made into a democratic success must be stopped, end of story. It's called the Party of No for a reason.

Oh come on now, standing orders among Republicans is always vote no. The Rovian doctrine says anything that can be made into a democratic success must be stopped, end of story. It's called the Party of No for a reason.
    Give us examples that would have been a democratic " success"

Do you even watch the news?
    Don't know if he does, but I do. What have you seen, from our POTUS, that leads you to believe that he will take a harder line on this ISIS development? A few air strikes defending a mountain top of 40,000 Kurds and about 40 Americans from sure death? Why haven't we hit their supply lines, fuel depots, ammo dumps and staging camps like our military has begged to be allowed to do? No. We will do a bit here and there, ISIS will wait until we fall back, and do exactly what they have been saying they will do. They will become a nation, with one goal, and NO voiced opposition in it. That's a power we can't defeat in bits and pieces.
    Praesto et Persto

Which Senate Bill are you referring to, that the House said "No"? You tell me that and I will tell you why a "No" was appropriate. I want my reps to deny the socialist agenda, every single time, and if that means saying "No", then "No" is what you get.
    You wish to alter the direction of the country in meaningful and harmful ways. I may not desire that! Comprende?

So give me an example of one CLEAN bill that the Right should have agreed to, but said "No". Please.
    ....................Sent via Overland Pony Express.............

"We've upped our standards. Up yours"

yall need to lay off CNN, fox news, and ect...yall are a joke, and way to paranoid
    Hoyt Trykon xt~ DCA Custom Hunters~Fuse optics~WB~Muzzy 3 blade~
    Browning Ted Nugent Bloodbrother bow~Easton Classics~

Oh and remember.. ISIS is a JV...
    "Im a Dapper Dan man"

ISIS and You.. Its a beutiful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
    yall need to lay off CNN, fox news, and ect...yall are a joke, and way to paranoid
    Seeing Americans getting thier heads cut off with knives can do that for you. Paranoia in this case, with hooded radicals telling you on every outlet, that they promise they will do a lot more of this, is not to be ridiculed.
    Praesto et Persto

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast