Thread: HC yardage

HC yardage

First off I shoot 3D more for fun then anything but of course I turn in my score card.

I went to a shoot the other day at a club that follows ASA rules I guess ( low 12's and no 14 ). I shot in hunter class and man the distance was crazy long. I would say the avg. distance for 40 targets was 35+- yards. Maybe one at 25.

Is it normal for shoots to not have very many shots under 30 yrds in ASA HC?

yep had a bad round buried 3 FMJ arrows in trees and could not get them out. Just wanting to know so I pick my shoots differently.

GONE HUNTING - be back at 0'dark 30

PSE X-Force DS GX

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd_Shot View Post
    First off I shoot 3D more for fun then anything but of course I turn in my score card.

I went to a shoot the other day at a club that follows ASA rules I guess ( low 12's and no 14 ). I shot in hunter class and man the distance was crazy long. I would say the avg. distance for 40 targets was 35+- yards. Maybe one at 25.

Is it normal for shoots to not have very many shots under 30 yrds in ASA HC?

yep had a bad round buried 3 FMJ arrows in trees and could not get them out. Just wanting to know so I pick my shoots differently.
    Generally it seems there are a lot of targets between 25 and 35 yards.
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table."
    Supra ME,[/COLOR] DNA SP
    Stan ShootOff and JustX releases for hunting, foam and paper!

We have a couple local clubs here that do that. Hunter class is 40 yards and most are 30 to 40, maybe 4 or 5 under 30. I ask them if this is normal and if it is we go elsewhere. I like a challenge but some clubs get a little crazy.

I think many of them do that to save their targets.