Thread: HC yardage

HC yardage

First off I shoot 3D more for fun then anything but of course I turn in my score card.

I went to a shoot the other day at a club that follows ASA rules I guess ( low 12's and no 14 ). I shot in hunter class and man the distance was crazy long. I would say the avg. distance for 40 targets was 35+- yards. Maybe one at 25.

Is it normal for shoots to not have very many shots under 30 yrds in ASA HC?

yep had a bad round buried 3 FMJ arrows in trees and could not get them out. Just wanting to know so I pick my shoots differently.
    GONE HUNTING - be back at 0'dark 30

2015 PSE DECREE DW: 60 lb DL: 29"

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd_Shot View Post
    First off I shoot 3D more for fun then anything but of course I turn in my score card.

I went to a shoot the other day at a club that follows ASA rules I guess ( low 12's and no 14 ). I shot in hunter class and man the distance was crazy long. I would say the avg. distance for 40 targets was 35+- yards. Maybe one at 25.

Is it normal for shoots to not have very many shots under 30 yrds in ASA HC?

yep had a bad round buried 3 FMJ arrows in trees and could not get them out. Just wanting to know so I pick my shoots differently.
    Generally it seems there are a lot of targets between 25 and 35 yards.
    PSE Dominator 3D MD, Decree
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Stan ShootOff, Sable and JustX releases

We have a couple local clubs here that do that. Hunter class is 40 yards and most are 30 to 40, maybe 4 or 5 under 30. I ask them if this is normal and if it is we go elsewhere. I like a challenge but some clubs get a little crazy.

I think many of them do that to save their targets.