Thread: Slight noise when draw stops contact limbs at full draw...... E32

Slight noise when draw stops contact limbs at full draw...... E32

I can hear an audible noise when the draw stops contact at full draw. My draw stop rubber is fine. I even added a very thin layer of felt to the limbs where the draw stops contact. I'm just about positive that this noise is going to be an issue at close range on our crazy deer. Does anyone have a remedy for this?

14 Elite Energy 32
    09 Mathews Monster 6 27.5/70 297 FPS
    11 Anneewakee Addiction Longbow 57# @ 28"
    BBO 50# @ 26"

are your mod screws tight??

are you jerking it into the limbs, hitting them hard or slowly into limbs

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Cashon View Post
    are you jerking it into the limbs, hitting them hard or slowly into limbs
    I had the same problem with my 35 and it was driving me crazy. Some say to check the mod screws , some say it is coming from the limb pockets. One guy said it was the mod flexing ever so slightly in the cam and causing a clicking noise when the draw stop contacts the limbs. One guy one here said he took the limbs off and put a little grease in the pocket and that took care of the noise. What I did that fixed mine....I took the mod screws out one at a time and put a dab of blue thread locker on them then reinstalled. I then took the draw stops off and put a dab of blue thread locker on them and reinstalled. I wanted to decrease my poundage slightly so I adjusted my limbs a very small amount . I'm not exactly sure if it was the thread locker on all the mod screws and the draw stops or if it was the slight adjustment to my limbs that stopped the noise. I have had no noise since I made these adjustments no matter how fast or slow that I draw my bow. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan8577 View Post
    I had the same problem with my 35 and it was driving me crazy. Some say to check the mod screws , some say it is coming from the limb pockets. One guy said it was the mod flexing ever so slightly in the cam and causing a clicking noise when the draw stop contacts the limbs. One guy one here said he took the limbs off and put a little grease in the pocket and that took care of the noise. What I did that fixed mine....I took the mod screws out one at a time and put a dab of blue thread locker on them then reinstalled. I then took the draw stops off and put a dab of blue thread locker on them and reinstalled. I wanted to decrease my poundage slightly so I adjusted my limbs a very small amount . I'm not exactly sure if it was the thread locker on all the mod screws and the draw stops or if it was the slight adjustment to my limbs that stopped the noise. I have had no noise since I made these adjustments no matter how fast or slow that I draw my bow. Hope this helps.
    I'll try all of that except lowering poundage. I know my draw stops are snug. And I've tried easing it back as slow as I can. It doesn't make the noise when I draw it on my draw board. But the draw board is much smoother than I am.
    14 Elite Energy 32
    09 Mathews Monster 6 27.5/70 297 FPS
    11 Anneewakee Addiction Longbow 57# @ 28"
    BBO 50# @ 26"

Is it a cracking or clicking noise?!?! Get with me if it is I had this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KY_BowGuy View Post
    Is it a cracking or clicking noise?!?! Get with me if it is I had this happen.
    What did you have to do to fix yours ?

If it's making a crack/pop noise. Look up where your limb pocket rocker and your riser meet...any paint flaking? I had paint from the riser pop off... Sent it to elite and they re powder coated it.

When I draw on a buck my arrow rattles... I don't think it's my bow... It's me .... Not making light of your problem... Making light of myself.... Good morning all

Lol wardlow