Thread: New Elite Spirit Weight Adjust Torque Screw Very Tight

New Elite Spirit Weight Adjust Torque Screw Very Tight

I just got my new Elite Spirit bow and just trying to play with the weight torque adjustment. The pro shop has it max out at 60lbs, but the torque screws does not want to bulge after loosening the pocket screws. Does anyone have this same problem on their Elite bows? Do I have to go out and buy a longer torque tool to get more leverage to loosen it? I called the pro shop that set it up and that is what they kind of recommend. Anyone have this problem?

The bolts that hold the limbs historically on Elite Bows seem to not have enough lubrication. One of mine was really hard to loosen and the other was very easy. you may need to use a ratchet with a allen head socket
    2014 AP Snow Elite Energy 35 62/29, Torqueless Grip, Hamskea Versarest, Patriot Brown 2014 CBE TEK Hybrid (target bow)
    2012 Ap Snow Elite Answer 70/29 smooth mods, Hamskea Versarest, Black 2014 CBE TEK Hybrid (new hunting rig)
    2014 Shadow Bear Anarchy HC 63/28.5. QAD HDx, Trophy Ridge Reach 5 pin

Sometimes they are very tight and hard to break loose initially. If they are lubed properly, that's usually not a problem. What kind of tool are you using?? remember not to loosen more than the recommended two turns.
    2014 Elite E35 Black
    2014 Elite E32 Black/RT
    2013 Elite Pulse Black
    Semper Fi

I am just using a regular allen wrench hand tool that you normally use to adjust sights and bow screws which the limb screws did not even budge. I did not want to break my limbs or anything on the new bow since I have been waiting for this Elite bow for 5 weeks. Also, hunting season is coming up and the last thing I want is a broken limb or bow. I like the recommended idea of a rachet and allen head socket which I was not thinking of before. If I can get it loosen, i might lubricate the limb screws a bit to make it easier to loosen for future.

The pro shop said they max out the limb and tested the pull weight when I pick it up and it showed about 59lbs. I was hoping to get a little bit more poundage, but that might be all i can get if they have torque it to the max. Do most Elite bow max out more, less, or just about the same pound rating on their limbs?

Typically Elite bows peak 2-3 lbs above advertised rating. Check the ata, brace height and draw length on a board. You are probably out of spec somewhere. Its not common to happen from the factory but it does happen. My energy has always measured spot on.
    2014 AP Snow Elite Energy 35 62/29, Torqueless Grip, Hamskea Versarest, Patriot Brown 2014 CBE TEK Hybrid (target bow)
    2012 Ap Snow Elite Answer 70/29 smooth mods, Hamskea Versarest, Black 2014 CBE TEK Hybrid (new hunting rig)
    2014 Shadow Bear Anarchy HC 63/28.5. QAD HDx, Trophy Ridge Reach 5 pin

Since you don't sound like you work on your own bows much, have your shop pull the bow down and lube the limb adjustment bolts with moly grease. It's about a 15 minute job if they know what they are doing.

As far as the poundage goes, A couple of twists on the buss cables will give you the rated pull. Then you will have to twist the string to regain your correct draw length. Very simple. I'm surprised the shop didn't suggest this. Maybe they just didn't want to give it the time?

There's a very good chart on the Elite web site that tells you what twisting/untwisting the string and cables does.

Binary cams are easy
    You young people will never know the satisfaction of slamming down a receiver on a rotary phone

Sorry, I am new to archery this year and so trying to learn things as I go. My first bow is the Mission Riot which I can adjust draw weight easily with a turn of the torque screw. But, when I got my first Elite bow this week it was hard to lessen the torque screw on this bow and so that is why I asked the question. The buy at pro shop that worked on my bow said that he had to twist the string and made sure the torque screw was max out with limb and so I might just leave it as it is since he has paper tuned it already. I don't want to screw up the tuning since I don't know how to fine tune a bow myself...it gets too technical sometimes if you have not worked on bows before like myself. I am sure I will learn more as I get into archery in the future. Learned a lot this year already by talking to people and watching Youtube videos, internet researching, etc...

Thanks for everyone's help. Once hunting season is over, I will loosen the limb screw and grease it down.

My spirit maxes around 63-64#'s. The limb bolts are a pain to turn..........

2014 Elite Spirit (Max-1)
    HHA sights*Vapor Trail LD Pro V rest
    Gold Tip arrows* Alpine soft lock
    Bee Stinger sport hunter stabilizer
    Grim Reaper Razor cut

I broke down my E32 and relubed my limb bolts and the bolt retaining nuts with white lithium grease. Like others, I had trouble getting one of the limb bolts to turn. Much better now.