Thread: Bummer...

Bummer...

Well the terrible Elite cable slide finally took its toll on my new Hunter. About 350 shots on the bow and I just noticed yesterday that the cable is starting to get tore up. This really sucks seeing my bow is perfectly tuned and hunting season starts in 14 days for me. I threw a Limbsaver teflon cable slide on there last night. Hopefully I can make this set last through the season. Not to mention the finish on the cam coming off right out of the box brand new. For 2015 I think Elite has two things that can be addressed with minimal amount of money invested to make a better product...just sayin

Team 34 - The Penetrators
    Bear Motive 6 29"/70#

That sucks. I was getting wear on my E32 strings from the stock cable slide and switched to a Saunders Hyper Glide. No more wear.

I agree with you about the changes. Ditch the cerakote and replace the cable slides.

Quote Originally Posted by nicko View Post
    That sucks. I was getting wear on my E32 strings from the stock cable slide and switched to a Saunders Hyper Glide. No more wear.

I agree with you about the changes. Ditch the cerakote and replace the cable slides.
    I'm going to price out a Saunders Hyper Glide tonight at BassPro but from what I remember they are a little pricey. I think Im going to stick with the limbsaver teflon slide for now and then when I get a new set of threads I will get the Saunders to top it off.
    Bear Motive 6 29"/70#

You will have to do a minor retune if you switch to a hyper glide.

the hyper glide is the ticket! not very expensive and well worth it.
    Elite pulse max 1 29/72 rocket launcher
    Big oak archery and guns staff shooter
    Stokerized staff shooter
    Coming soon 2015 elite victory!

Or call elite and have them send you an updated slide. My e35 was eating cables and Elite sent me a new slide and cables
    2014 AP Snow Elite Energy 35 62/29, Torqueless Grip, Hamskea Versarest, Patriot Brown 2014 CBE TEK Hybrid (target bow)
    2012 Ap Snow Elite Answer 70/29 smooth mods, Hamskea Versarest, Black 2014 CBE TEK Hybrid (new hunting rig)
    2014 Shadow Bear Anarchy HC 63/28.5. QAD HDx, Trophy Ridge Reach 5 pin

After about 80 more shots through the bow with the sims teflon slide on there I think the cables will last through the season. I caught the wear soon enough to make a quick fix and save all the tuning I did for one season at least. Thankfully broadheads are still flying with field points. would have been a huge bummer if they weren't.

I thought about calling Elite to get replacement parts but I would like a custom set of BCY X threads soon. Once it is time for new threads (hopefully after I nail a big buck and a couple of does this year) I will place my order along with a hyper glide and tune her all up again.
    Bear Motive 6 29"/70#