Thread: QAD HDX or PSE QAD

QAD HDX or PSE QAD

hi. quick question. i just got a new PSE DNA SP. (thank you, Diamond_Victory) i have no rest. so im selling my extra stuff i have for bottom dollar. as i have a new bow with no rest. and i hope that none of you have had this happen before. LOL. i should be able to buy one today if all goes as planed. but my question is.... should i buy a QAD HDX or the PSE QAD? looking to buy from here on AT. archers helping archers right.... so that is my question. any difference between the two and why to which of them? thank you for the help.

I would not get either look at trophy taker extreme
    2013 PSE Revenge Skullworks

Quote Originally Posted by Larkinhjr View Post
    I would not get either look at trophy taker extreme
    but i thought QAD's are the bees knees....?

Not on pse for me they hit the riser and are loud compared to trophy taker

i thought that is why they made the PSE QAD's?

i have the ATX titainium Recon. i like it better than the QAD, that being said, you are asking about QAD so i will chime in. it is an excellent rest, the PSE is really logo's and thats about it. side by side i see no difference. i would avoid the QAD Hunter. but the HDX is a great rest. as is the PSE. i bleed PSE so i would go for that just 'cause.
    Handsome Dave Castle
    PSE Supra Max/ Money Maker NI ..Team Easton
    CBE 3DXL/ Tek Target sights /I Shoot Stan First String
    Morse Sporting Goods Staff Shooter

I have a qad hdx on my dna sp and my drive lt and I have no problems. I think if you have fletching clearance issues, it is a tuning or setup issue more so than the actual rest

nice. how about a carbon Apache? i have a reg. apache on my Drive LT. and works great. but then again it was tuned by Breathn...

i was looking at the AXT titainium. they look really nice

I just put a QAD PSE on my SP a couple weeks ago and so far so good with no clearance issues at all.

Put the Pse QAD on my DNA SP as well, tuned very easy.
    2009 PSE Xforce SS GX 65# 30"
    2014 PSE DNA SP 70# 30"

Quote Originally Posted by Larkinhjr View Post
    Not on pse for me they hit the riser and are loud compared to trophy taker
    My pse qad doesnt clear the shelf 100% but is useable.....
    not extremely loud, but louder than the wb i had before.
    bought it to try and its an ok rest....
    PSE GX6. HHA OL-5510,WB Sure Shot Pro rest,Easton FMJ 400,Grim Reaper broadheads,scott mongoose NCS release - Huntin' Rig
    PSE Bow Madness XL, HHA OL-5510,pse qad rest, CT cheetah 3D 400 arrows, scott mongoose NCS release - 3D Rig
    -JBK Bowstrings-

Quote Originally Posted by ccriley6 View Post
    My pse qad doesnt clear the shelf 100% but is useable.....
    not extremely loud, but louder than the wb i had before.
    bought it to try and its an ok rest....
    Yep exactly. Trophy taker is the way to go

I am shooting the PSE QAD on both my EVO and DNA. NO PROBLEMS. Super easy to setup. The PSE version has the alignment wedge machined into the rest arm, so the rest is square to the riser. Center shot has no clearance issues with the riser shelf. Make sure the tune marks match on the rest at full draw, and no problems with arrow clearance.
    Team PSE Pro Staff

i pmed the few ppl on here that had pse qad's but got no replies. so i went with a QAD HDX... should be no problems, if not many you think guys?

QAD HDX will work just fine.
    using one for a yr now on a dna.
    all my bows have a qad rest on them.
    WHITETAILS, WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF
    CLOSE SHOT ARTIST

PSE AXE7--PSE DNA

Quote Originally Posted by silhouette13 View Post
    i have the ATX titainium Recon. i like it better than the QAD, that being said, you are asking about QAD so i will chime in. it is an excellent rest, the PSE is really logo's and thats about it. side by side i see no difference. i would avoid the QAD Hunter. but the HDX is a great rest. as is the PSE. i bleed PSE so i would go for that just 'cause.
    Is there something wrong with QAD Hunter? Just curious

QAD has came out with a new launcher just for PSE shelfs, I just called and got mine from QAD maybe 4 weeks ago, it doesn't hit the shelf and now my arrow sits PERFECT over the berger hole and inline with both alignment marks on my riser. Get the PSE QAD and you will not regret it.
    ~ 2013 PSE Stinger 3G HP in Mossy Oak Break-Up Infinity ~ 60 pound draw weight ~ 27.5 inch draw length ~ LEFT HANDED ~ HHA Optimizer Lite OL-5510 with 2nd/3rd axis adjustment ~ QAD HDX ~
    ~ TRU Ball BossX 4-Finger ~ BeeStinger 8inch Sport Hunter Xtreme ~ HogWire String & Cable ~ Carbon Express Maxima Hunters 250 ~

I'd go with the PSE specific one.

the QAD hunter is not as slick, the cord comes out differently and it just has a cheaper feel to me. just my prefernce, i just installed on on a buddies bow it works fine just pulls the cable from the out side of the rest.
    Handsome Dave Castle
    PSE Supra Max/ Money Maker NI ..Team Easton
    CBE 3DXL/ Tek Target sights /I Shoot Stan First String
    Morse Sporting Goods Staff Shooter

Ok thank you.

The only difference between the two units is the mounting arm. As stated above, the PSE version has a vertical key to fit the riser. This helps to prevent the mounting arm from moving without having to use a set screw. I have the PSE branded HDX on a Premonition and the standard HDX on a Phenon. Both exceed in their intended purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by silhouette13 View Post
    the QAD hunter is not as slick, the cord comes out differently and it just has a cheaper feel to me. just my prefernce, i just installed on on a buddies bow it works fine just pulls the cable from the out side of the rest.

The Hunter also does not have lock down and can bounce back up and hit your arrow.
    "When a hunter is in a tree with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics
    and richer for the experience, that hunter is twenty feet closer to God." Fred Bear 1902-1988

The pse has a different launcher arm. If you all them they'll send you one for your hdx like they did for me. It'll clear up any shelf contact issues as the different arm has a deeper groove
    first to last: bear hunter advantage, 2011 Mathews Z7 60 lb macked out, 2010 destroyer 350 50lb nicely equipped, 2013 D350 60lb super pimped out, 2012 hoyt vector 32 70lb a work in progress!! these are my bows ive had and I love em all!!! And now a PSE DNA 65lber 28.5 draw tommy hogg QAD hdx bstinger front and rear spittin vap .400s' @ 318fps

The PSE one doesn't need the spacer block. But that is about it.
    Have been shooting a HDX on a PSE Evo Max for 20 months now, no issues really...