Thread: lab lab mix

lab lab mix

This is my the first year planting lab lab and seems to grow like weeds.im very impressed,lucky it's surrounded by corn fields that kept the pressure off until it got big enuff to withstand browsing .not sure how the deer like it yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ONE PIN IS ALL YOU NEED, IF you have warp speed. Founder of Team OVERKILL.Shooting super warp speed bows built by Breathn .............................. ....Heavy draw weight ,franken head shooting deer slayer........................ ...Moderation is for cowards ."............................ .....................Team 4. IN 4 THE WIN

Wow looks good!

That plots was planted on 7/16/14 and that pic was taken on 8/18/14. That pic does not do the plot justice , I have video from a trail camera with a adult doe walking through and all you can see is her from the neck up ,
    ONE PIN IS ALL YOU NEED, IF you have warp speed. Founder of Team OVERKILL.Shooting super warp speed bows built by Breathn .............................. ....Heavy draw weight ,franken head shooting deer slayer........................ ...Moderation is for cowards ."............................ .....................Team 4. IN 4 THE WIN

Looks awesome man. Let us know how the deer like it soon and how it is against browse pressure.
    CRACKERIZED MONSTER MR6
    VAP V1 300 w/ FOBs and Onestringer Wraps @ 490 grains
    GT Velocity Pro 300 w/ 2" Blazers and Wraps @ 392 grains
    Grim Reaper Razortip 2", Rage Hypos, and QAD Exodus Full & Swept
    29"DL/73# @ 300FPS....98KE....15%FOC (VAPs)

very curious myself about trying to incorporate some lab lab in my food plot mix. I've been told that it works well with corn to climb the stalks as well. Let me know how the deer use it.
    Only God can Judge Me! psalms 7: 8-10
    Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 peter 4:8

I will post some recent pic .the lab lab is shoulder high now.i had to use a deer barrier to keep them out until it got big enuff .i just removed it Friday .its amazing how much this grows in a short time. .
    Quote Originally Posted by dblj View Post
    very curious myself about trying to incorporate some lab lab in my food plot mix. I've been told that it works well with corn to climb the stalks as well. Let me know how the deer use it.

I will post some recent pic .the lab lab is shoulder high now.i had to use a deer barrier to keep them out until it got big enuff .i just removed it Friday .its amazing how this grows in a short time. I planted millet for it to grow up..
    Quote Originally Posted by dblj View Post

Post those pics! Interested to see how the deer take to them now that the barrier is down.
    CRACKERIZED MONSTER MR6
    VAP V1 300 w/ FOBs and Onestringer Wraps @ 490 grains
    GT Velocity Pro 300 w/ 2" Blazers and Wraps @ 392 grains
    Grim Reaper Razortip 2", Rage Hypos, and QAD Exodus Full & Swept
    29"DL/73# @ 300FPS....98KE....15%FOC (VAPs)

Lablab is fast growing, high in sugar and the deer go nuts for it. I usually recommend planting something else with it otherwise deer totally destroy it. I included creeping soybeans, forage beans and cowpeas with mine. A friend of mine planted his with grazing corn. He is a writing in the grazing industry and i have some amazing pics of lablab creeping up the corn stalk. It is something people should consider.

Instead of corn I planted millet .next time I'm going with corn.sofar the deer are just starting to hit the lab lab,so we will see what it looks like next week.i have trail cam in video mode keeping track of the deer movement
    Quote Originally Posted by nutritionist View Post
    Lablab is fast growing, high in sugar and the deer go nuts for it. I usually recommend planting something else with it otherwise deer totally destroy it. I included creeping soybeans, forage beans and cowpeas with mine. A friend of mine planted his with grazing corn. He is a writing in the grazing industry and i have some amazing pics of lablab creeping up the corn stalk. It is something people should consider.

I had about a 1/2 acre lablab plot that got chest high, went back a week later and it was all stems. Looked like someone picked every leaf off the vines. At first I thought they didn't like it but they ended up loving it. I was impressed

They Are absolutely killing the lab lab

This is from last week

[attach=config]2037973

lablab with mastergraze corn

I should have went with corn instead of millet.the deer are hitting the krona d clay peas harder than there hitting the lab lab right now.this is my first year planting lab lab on this farm.i planted a turnip ,rape ,chicory plot right next to the lab lab plot Thursday and it's rained evey day since

They really hitting the lab lab hard

They really hitting the lab lab hard

I put a trail camera in the center of the lab lab plot .should get some good close up's ,I'm running the camera in hybird mode.it will take one pic then go in to video mode.

Lablab is very high in protein and sugar. It is as drought tolerant as about anything out there. I pretty much recommend putting it with other species in mixes as I prefer to always have something covering the ground and they will pound the lablab. I like having it in my quad pro mix. I also like using Winfred forage brassica with it. I love it with corn and I also think it would be really good to plant it the first week in august as a companion crop to your fall seeded perennial clover mix. A mix of radish, berseem clover and crimson clover also is something I recommend as an annual mix along with lablab.

Quote Originally Posted by 0nepin View Post
    I should have went with corn instead of millet.the deer are hitting the krona d clay peas harder than there hitting the lab lab right now.this is my first year planting lab lab on this farm.i planted a turnip ,rape ,chicory plot right next to the lab lab plot Thursday and it's rained evey day since
    Hey? I know that tree line. LOL. Looking good brother. Hopefully the X-man is still around and pushing 160 for you. Good luck.
    Proud Member of Team OverKill
    Rage Digger ProStaff
    #1 Florida State Seminoles
    Defending National Champions

From past experience with iron & clay peas I have decided to broad cast oats , rape and turnips in the lab lab .the idea was that the deer would come in a destory the lab lab and peas mix right befor hunting season , this has happened the last few times plant peas in this spot.I figured that the deer would eat the leaves off the lab lab pretty fast and that would expose sunlight to the rape , oats and turnips so I would have something to hunt over come hunting season.

From past experience with iron & clay peas I have decided to broad cast oats , rape and turnips in the lab lab .the idea was that the deer would come in a destory the lab lab and peas mix right befor hunting season , this has happened the last few times I planted peas in this spot.I figured that the deer would eat the leaves off the lab lab pretty fast and that would expose sunlight to the rape , oats and turnips so I would have something to hunt over come hunting season.hunting season open on this farm 10/25/14.plan seems to be working

Quote Originally Posted by 0nepin View Post
    From past experience with iron & clay peas I have decided to broad cast oats , rape and turnips in the lab lab .the idea was that the deer would come in a destory the lab lab and peas mix right befor hunting season , this has happened the last few times I planted peas in this spot.I figured that the deer would eat the leaves off the lab lab pretty fast and that would expose sunlight to the rape , oats and turnips so I would have something to hunt over come hunting season.hunting season open on this farm 10/25/14.plan seems to be working
    Looks like your plan is working to perfection. Awesome job.
    Proud Member of Team OverKill
    Rage Digger ProStaff
    #1 Florida State Seminoles
    Defending National Champions

I have had great results with a new experimental i put out in various areas of the us that i called quad pro. It was a blend of lablab, cowpeas, creeping soybeans and forage beans. I grows super fast and can be planted any time from May through early August.

I love using lablab with corn as it crawls up the corn stalk.

I also love lablab with brassicas and berseem clover.

The turnip,rape and oat plot is looking good.