Thread: HELP, Hunter limb splintered

HELP, Hunter limb splintered

Hey guys, I was wondering how long it usually takes for Elites customer service to respond to your calls. I have left two messages and two e-mails and still have not received any answers. My problem is on my boys 2012 Hunter. I noticed the lower limb is splintered on the side. We are not sure what happened to it, to the best of our knowledge it has not been dropped or anything. Our deer season opens in two weeks (Sept. 6) and we are desperate for a solution. The closest dealer is about 3 hours away. He is devastated because he has a few good bucks on trail cam and has been shooting all summer to prepare for opening day. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would call until you get somebody on the phone. I typically had good luck getting somebody on the phone there when I called after 4pm EST. Either that or try calling as soon as they open for the day.

A couple questions for you:

- what poundage are the limbs?
    - do you have any pro shops near you that could change the limbs out?

The limbs are 60#. I have a Great Mathews dealer that could change the limbs. I wish there was an Elite dealer close by like him because I love the way they shoot. I have always shot Mathews, partly because of the awesome dealer we have close by. I had a limb splinter on one of my older Mathews a long time ago and they took care of the problem quick. Thanks for the reply. Do you know if Elite is open on Saturdays?

They are not open on weekends. According to the spec sheets, you'll need 123 def limbs. Somebody has a very clean looking set of these limbs for sale on the Elite forum.

http://forums.elitearchery.com/showt...Realtree-AP-EC

Thanks for the help nicko, I might check them out.

If your dealer is backed up and not able to get to the bow for a bit, I'd be happy to make the limb swap for your son if you end up buying limbs on your own. I do all my own work on my Elites and they are very easy bows to work on. But hopefully you'll be able to touch base with Elite on Monday and they'll speed up the process. Heck, maybe they'll put their Elite Promise / Hunt Guarantee to use for you.

Bowman where are you located at?There is a Elite dealer in Cynthiana Ky.I had one splinter last fall and they had replacements in about a week.If you are close and want the number let me know.Like Nick said call later in the evening to get in contact with Elite.Good luck

Da Vinci Strings
    Bernie's Control Freak Shooting Staff
    Black Eagle Arrows