a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Tiller importance?

Tiller importance?

So, just curious, do you think tiller tuning is as important as it used to be?

The reason I got to thinking about it; my wife is shooting a 2013 chaos one and though I'm uber diligent about things, the other day I noticed the lower limbs were about .5 mm farther out of the pockets than the upper. Did I screw up, when adding 1/2 a turn (really doubt it- but I am human) and give her a negative tiller?

As it's a single cam, how would I measure? With modern limbs (quad and better specks) does it matter?
    EVO 7 maxed@31in draw and 70lb. throwing a 510gr Easton Axis @286fps........
    Now all I need is a tag for M'bogo

Being that .5 millimeter equals .019685 inch I wouldn't sweat it! I wouldn't be able to readily see a .019685" difference so I know I wouldn't be concerned.

When you do not have identical cams pull a string between the axles and measure to that to measure tiller.
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table."
    Supra ME, BowMadness 34, DNA SP
    Stan ShootOff and JustX releases for hunting, foam and paper!

Well, maybe not .5mm , it was enough that I noticed. After digging out a metric ruler, it was more like 2 mm.
    A string, A to A. Why didn't I think of that, Thanks!

And yes. The lower axle is 1/8 in closer to the riser. What if any effect on a single cam does that make? We are paper and bareshaft tuned, so.....
    EVO 7 maxed@31in draw and 70lb. throwing a 510gr Easton Axis @286fps........
    Now all I need is a tag for M'bogo