Thread: Got my first Elite bow all lined out today. 2009 GT500

Cool Got my first Elite bow all lined out today. 2009 GT500

So i had a bit of trouble going thru all the hoops of converting the bow from the draw length specific cams to the DLS cam system with the rev mod's But i finally got it all installed, tuned, dialed in to 30 yards.

Specs 2009 Elite GT500 with DLS Cam system and #.5 rev mods
    72lb Draw Weight/ 30.5 draw length
    Extreme Archery Raptor Sight
    Quad HDX drow away rest
    Carbon Express Mutany Slasher arrows 350 with 100 grain field point

So i took it to a buddy of mines shop in his basement.

First up was the draw board. Pretty neat how this works never done it before.
    20140825_190341.jpg

Then the next step was to weigh my arrows
    20140825_193601.jpg

Then we got to take some initial chronograph readings Fastest was 324.7 and average was around 322fps

20140825_193200.jpg

Then it was time to shoot some arrows!! All the groupings was excellent!

10616140_10101319134860543_7205490941597398682_n.jpg

I was stacking them in there side by side every time. I split a string at 20 yards with the bow. Never done that before! I must say elite makes one fine bow and i am very happy with my purchase!

good purchase

I have a GT500 Elite as well and it is a dynamic bow.
    Once it is properly set up and dialled in it is a powerful accurate bow.
    Good luck with yours.
    Ne Te Confundant Illegitimi

I have a GT500 and love the thing. It as of right now will be my go to bow in 20 days when hunting season starts.
    LH '14 Elite Energy 35
    LH '10 Elite Judge
    LH '10 Elite GT500

Just fyi... DLS cams don't have Mods... The DLS stand for Draw Length Specific. You just have modded Rev Cams. Regardless sweet rig. GT500.

I have a 2010 z28... which cam with modded Z Cam.. I took them off and put the 2009 DLS Z cam and I think it shoots way better.

Did you get a chance to shoot a DLS Rev on your GT?

Ah okay it has the 2010 cams with the Rev mods. I did shoot the other but it was for a 27" draw and 60 lbs. So this is a different bow now. Has a huge valley and a big hump right before. I love it though

great bow!! i really like the 2010 mod rev cams better on the gt. I know it's heresy around here but i like the gt500 better then the e35. It's not as smooth or dead in the hand but its a little faster, just as accurate and i personally love the draw cycle of a rev cam.
    Elite Judge Snow/Black
    Elite GT500 Black/Max1
    Elite GT500 Black/AP
    Elite GT500 AP/Black EFX

OP... get the DLS cams and in the off season try em out... they grew on me... I still have the modded Z but I just fancy these

Quote Originally Posted by KY_BowGuy View Post
    OP... get the DLS cams and in the off season try em out... they grew on me... I still have the modded Z but I just fancy these
    man i have searched high and low. i can't find a #.5 DLS cam do you guys have any leads? i have a set of #7s i would gladly trade.

I have a 2010 GT500 with Rev mod cams that I bought new in the fall of 2010. I'm not sure that there is enough money to get me to sell it. I've owned a lot of bows before and since ... I still go back to that GT500. I absolutely love everything about the draw including the "hump" and especially that giant drop into the valley. Pretty fast bow and very accurate. I've shot the new E's and they are nice. It is all personal feel but I like the GT500 in every category over the E's.
    Derek Craig
    "It's a New Day in the Outdoors"
    Magnus Broadheads

Shooting a GT500 with DLS cams feels distinctly different than one with mod cams, at least to me it does. The DLS cams don't have as much valley or letoff but they produce a more quiet shot that feels a little more solid to me.

the DLS are nice, i've tried them a few different times and the transition into the valley is smoother, they are better looking, and 1 or 2 fps faster BUTTTTT I just can't go back to the shallow valley on the DLS cams or the older 3 tracks after shooting moded elites for a few years.
    Elite Judge Snow/Black
    Elite GT500 Black/Max1
    Elite GT500 Black/AP
    Elite GT500 AP/Black EFX

Got my first Elite bow all lined out today. 2009 GT500

Have to agree with DLS cams. The one I had before had DLS and the valley was small. The one I have now has mods and a larger valley.

Wish elite would come out with black mods to match the black rev cams. That would look cool.
    LH '14 Elite Energy 35
    LH '10 Elite Judge
    LH '10 Elite GT500

One word to describe how I feel.....jealous lol

Can't wait to own my first Elite
    This is my Bow
    There are many like it but this one is mine
    Without me....my bow is nothing
    Without my bow....I am nothing

Shop around and get you a used older elite first is what I would recommend. I've been shooting mine everyday since I bought it

Planned on it...wanting either an Answer, Pure, or Gt500
    This is my Bow
    There are many like it but this one is mine
    Without me....my bow is nothing
    Without my bow....I am nothing

Love my dls gt 500 for hunting...a bit less valley than my Pulse with the mods...but its so smooth to draw and the stops lock in tight...don't need that huge valley when its killing time!
    '12 Pulse, Blk/AP Snow 60/30 Anchor Sight, T.R. Micro Alpha V5, LD Pro V, Paradigm SOS, Ktech SS/Vbar...3D. '09 GT 500, AP camo, 60/29.5 T.R.V3, LD Pro-V, Ktech string stop, Doinker Dish Anchor Sight, Pro Line threads. Critter Gitter! Accunocks/FOBS!