a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Older PSE X-Bows

Older PSE X-Bows

So, I have a 2008 X6, and I put a new(er) string on it, and set it up. Timing is on, BH, ATA, DL, everything within reason (usually means 1/16" to me). The one thing that doesn't measure up is the DF. I can't get above 65 lbs. on this bow - rated 60-70.
    So, the questions is, have the limbs taken a set? We're talking about 6yrs. of sitting past parallel, from a relaxed state of being flat. Has anyone ever checked this? I can't readily take my bow down and lay the limbs on a flat surface, so I'm asking those who can. Others who can't; have you checked your draw force on those older bows lately? Seen/measured any evidence of relaxation??

2008 X-Force
    2008 X-Force DS
    2014 Full Throttle...373 IBO!
    30", 70#, 375gr. Hunting Machines

I've never had an issue with weight dropping off on the X-Tech limbs. My buddy has my 2007 XF6 that I bought new the week they were released, still holding the same poundage as the day I bought it. It has been through a couple string changes.

I question one thing, you say all the specs are on including the dl, all the earlier X-Force bows were notorious for running long by 3/4" to 7/8"ths on dl when in spec.
    X-Force HF 55# Custom, Black and Blue Skulz's(FOR SALE)
    Decree 65# Black, on it's way, Full Throttle 50# Skullworks, Dominator 3D #60.
    PSE Pro Staff, Trophy Blend Scents Pro Staff, America's Best Pro Staff, PSE Militia Member

I've been very complimentary about PSE Service in the past, so now I'll cast a darker shadow over their support. I called about this issue, when both strings (old and new) showed the significant loss in tension, and DF. Cust. Serv. says that if I registered my bow, it could be warrentied, so I gave the registration number. Here come the technicalities:
    It had to be registered within 30 days of purchase - It was not (like that's the first thing we all do with new bows)
    It was listed as an Internet Store Sale, and I had to provide the store name as proof of purchase - I could not (7 year old bow; really!!)
    Bottom line; repair at full price; ~$180+shipping both ways.
    Now, this is the first time I've heard these things from PSE. Not that they're not in some fine print policy somewhere, nor are they things I haven't heard from other warranty calls, but not PSE. I would have said Cust. Service was one of their strong suits, but not anymore. They're just like any other penny pinching, lean, big manufacturer that is graded on how much money they save. Good thing they have the fastest bow...but this kind of puts me off. She was kinda snarky too.
    So, what, this isn't a PSE bow? This isn't a real problem?? PSE just saved some money hiding behind fine print??? -DINGDINGDING ! We Have A WINNER
    2008 X-Force
    2008 X-Force DS
    2014 Full Throttle...373 IBO!
    30", 70#, 375gr. Hunting Machines