Archery Talk Forum banner

Broadheads out of your Obsession?

3K views 26 replies 21 participants last post by  GAdroptine 
#1 ·
I originally was going to shoot the Exodus 100gr because of all the good things I have heard and then I came across Hartcraft http://hartcraftbroadheads.com/models anyone every shoot these before? Also what broadheads will be attached to your Obsession this fall?

#3 ·
Exodus 100 gr. Started practicing today with them. Like advertised, shot just like my field points. Was out to 60 yards with no problems. Here in Georgia, we have 2 1/2 more weeks till the season opener.

#4 ·
I have shot and tested the hartcraft heads the big cut head lost blades on the test (another guy post same results on the large cut one) the deep cut head is really tough head and holds together good and it fly's good, the larger cut flew great to.

But hands down the Exodus beats it in every area IMO

Stick with the qad.

Also as I type I have a qad exodus on my arrow bear hunting and the hartcraft in my quiver also.

#6 ·
@Tank1202 you're very lucky with the season starting soon. Good luck man! Exactly the feedback I was looking for! Thanks everyone looks like I'll be going with the Exodus 100gr swept blades

#19 ·
I looked into the G5 Havocs how are they shootin? I read reviews that they were having an issue opening. They look badass and G5 makes outstanding products across the board

#18 ·
Surprisingly, Big Nasty's. They group better out of the Phoenix than on both of my Hoyt bows. Running injexions and SK-300 fletching. QAD Exodus also flying well. Great broadheads.

#21 ·
DRT's, Helix, exodus! Exodus and DRT's fly great! Waiting on the Helix!

#22 ·
Could someone explain why having the blades go back over the shaft makes it fly like a fieldpoint as per the QAD ads? Surface area of the blades is the same so I don't get why having them more behind the front makes any difference. G5 Striker looks a whole let better to me.

#24 ·
Because the length of the broadhead is same as a standard field point, thus the FOC and dynamic spine of your arrow does not change from field point to broadhead, that is
the simple answer.

#25 ·
G5 Strikers are shorter by a hair than 100 grain Saunders target/field points. What's the not so simple answer?

#27 ·
Going back to fixed heads this season, 125 gr Magnus Stingers and Buzzcuts. waiting for some BEA Carnage 350 arrows from South Shore Archery to compare with the DCA arrows I'm using now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.