Archery Talk Forum banner

Can not get comfortable with new E32

2K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Carbon missile 
#1 ·
Bought an Elite 32 about 2 months ago and for some reason I can not get comfortable at full draw. Shooting a 29 inch draw at 60lbs. Seems at full draw there is just a lot of tension on the bow and i have trouble holding the pin where i want it. I have a top of the line bow made by another brand, and seems like shooting it is a dream compared to my Elite. Shooting the same Scott release on both bows. The Elite seems to creep a lot on me. Both bows are 29 inches and 60lbs. Any suggestions as to what is going on? The Elite is accurate, it just seems like im fighting the bow at full draw.

#6 ·
When I bought my E 32 , it felt the same way you describe. I had a slight burr on the bottem wheel that didn't let the drawstop move easily to the end of the slot. Once I moved it the bow felt great. My drawstops are adjusted to allow the most letoff. You should be able to look at the gap in front of the drawstop and tell if they are equal. If they are good it is probably cam synchronization causing your problem. My E32 feels and shoots great. Good luck.

#7 ·
Just had a new cable and cable slide put on due to wear and they retuned it when they did. Perfect bullet hole on paper. Have bought three different bows from this shop and never had a problem with tuning issues. I am at the point where I'm affraid to hunt with it this year. Have several friends that shoot older Elites and absolutely love them. All i have heard is how nice the Elite bows are to shoot. Very frustrated!

#12 ·
At first I had a hard time adjusting to the high let off and large valley. Coming from pse it was too easy for me to relax and have the bow creep. I ended up going to the next size up mod and shortening the dl then using the draw stops to get it comfortable and now shooting lights out. It may be that you are not used to holding the minimal holding weight that the elite has

#13 ·
If the draw stops are moved to the opposite side of the slot it will have very little let off, basically very heavy holding weight. If the dealer messed with those that could be your issue. I did it on my own E32 and it was almost unshootable.

#14 ·
If you're going to own Elites, you must at least have a draw board. A press is also a great help even it it is only a Bowmaster. There are too many dealers out there who aren't the best at tuning Elite bows. Better to do it yourself, it isn't rocket science. The alternative is spending some time and more money at a dealer for work which may or may not be right. Binary cam bows are awesome but they need to be kept in tune for optimum performance.

#16 ·
I have an E35 with 70 lb limbs adjusted to a 60 lb draw. Come to find that although I am within the two full turns out on the limbs it plays havoc with the let off and shootability of the bow. Elite offered to swap out my limbs so that I would not be overbowed and have the limbs only a half turn out from bottom. If you have adjusted draw weight out of your bow to decrease draw weight you might want to start there.

#18 ·
*update* I had the draw length shortened a half inch which helped, but realized the real problem was me. I believe I expected it to shoot exactly like my Hoyt Spyder right out of the gate, and when it didnt I got frustrated and got progressively worse with my shooting. I dont think I let myself learn how to shoot the Elite. Spent an hour at the pro shop today with the owner, an Elite dealer, and he pointed out how tense I was shooting the bow. Once I started to relax I started stacking in them there. Had to replace two nocks at the shop. Plus, now when i do I have an occasional flyer I am able to recognize it is something I did wrong not the bow. Thanks for all the suggestions and I look forward to having the Elite in the deer stand with me this year.

#20 ·
My guess is that his DL was too long as he did state he had the DL shortened 1/2". I had a 2008.5 Z for a couple months that had 28" cams but it the same feeling as what the OP said and that it wanted to take off on my. I sold it and the person who bought it said the DL was actually measuring 29".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.