Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New shoot through riser

New shoot through riser

I am going to finally have to break down and buy and Obsession. Especially now that they are coming out with the shoot through riser. I can't wait!

Anyone else excited?
    I like tacos!

Better order it now so it will be there in time for the 2016 3d season!!!!

Interesting they are making new bows when they can't barely produce the ones they already have.
    Ashland County Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post

Interesting they are making new bows when they can't barely produce the ones they already have.

Hoyt Carbon Element
    Bowtech Experiance
    Obsession Phoenix

Better order it now so it will be there in time for the 2016 3d season

Could be sound advice
    2013 Mathews Creed 60/27
    2014 Mathews Chill Blue Ice 60/27
    2013 Obsession Addiction

If you're not making Dust, you're eating it!

Kind of what I thought, even though I own an Obsession...
    Mathews, Sword, QAD, Ktech, Easton, Carter

I can't wait to hear the specs on it. Bows will come out quicker in 2015. There are changes in place to ensure it. They make sweet shooting bows and I'm very excited to see what 2015 will bring.
    Airborne Archery LLC, Authorized Obsession Dealer, Authorized Athens Archery DealerAuthorized Diamond, Styker & Octane Dealer
    2014 Obsession Phoenix, Spot Hogg Hogg-It, QAD HDX, Tight Spot Quiver
    2014 Obsession Evolution, Athens Testament, Spott Hogg Hogg It, QAD HDX, Tight Spot Quiver

Quote Originally Posted by cgs1967 View Post
    I can't wait to hear the specs on it. Bows will come out quicker in 2015. There are changes in place to ensure it. They make sweet shooting bows and I'm very excited to see what 2015 will bring.
    I'll believe it when I see it. The OB "dealers" around don't have a single Evolution in stock.....it's a bad joke. Great bows....but a monkey with a dremel could produce more risers than their machinists.
    Ashland County Ohio

I'll believe it when I see it. The OB "dealers" around don't have a single Evolution in stock.....it's a bad joke. Great bows....but a monkey with a dremel could produce more risers than their machinists.
    I don't think its an issue with the risers.

There are 5 machine shops cutting parts for Obsession and Obsession's CNC runs 16 hours a day. No doubt there is an issue in delivery, but blaming the machinists for delivery delays isn't accurate. They're just one piece of the pie. It's called massive growing pains and if sales were linear, there wouldn't be a problem.

As good as my Phoenix is shooting, I'll bet the new target Bow with Shoot-thru Riser should be really stable. I shoot my Phoenix with no stabilizers as good as can my present target bow all set up with stabs and counter weights. I waited for my Obsession for 9 weeks but it was worth it. The 2015 target Bow will probably be similar but Obsession really knows how to build Bows shooters really enjoy.

Good point, but then why keep taking on new dealers and just adding to the problem if you can't supply your current dealers in an appropriate time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Only View Post
    There are 5 machine shops cutting parts for Obsession and Obsession's CNC runs 16 hours a day. No doubt there is an issue in delivery, but blaming the machinists for delivery delays isn't accurate. They're just one piece of the pie. It's called massive growing pains and if sales were linear, there wouldn't be a problem.
    Bowfreaks Archery, LLC 417-466-4797 find me on facebook
    Authorized Hoyt, Mathews, Mission, Obsession, PSE, Strother, Fuse, Muddy, Black Gold, Easton, Beman, GoldTip, Carbon Express, Scott, TruBall, Tru-Fire, Ripcord, Trophy Taker, Covert, Bowfinger, Tight Spot,and Tree Limb dealer.
    Advanced Bowstrings Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Only View Post
    Well, whatever piece of the pie that's holding up orders, has done fallen off the plate and the dog is eating on it. If it's not the machining, which 95% of the bow is, there shouldn't be much of an issue fixing the supply issue. Perhaps they should look towards more competent employees or suppliers, or to quit wasting the other 8 hours of each day. People having to wait forever, and having kitchen table "dealers" without even a demo bow, is going to turn into another KS horror story in short order.
    Ashland County Ohio

Mathews keeps their products cranking 3 shifts a day.

Gotta give credit to Matt McPherson, he is a whiz in many areas.
    Acts 10:13
    <+><

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEY CUSTOM-G View Post

Except for there engineers....there only part time....lol
    2014 obsession addiction ???
    2014 obsession evolution 65/30 SH gunmetal
    Wolfhollow archery staff shooter, Gold Tip pro staff,Firenock pro staff
    Red arrow archery staff shooter,Hogwire custom strings staff

We've strayed a little off topic here. Remember, Obsession Bows is only in their fourth year of production so of course things are going to be slow and there will be growing pains. It takes a tremendous amount of capital to get started and years of production to grow to the production levels Matthews, Hoyt, PSE and even Elite.

Serious question, anyone know for sure how long it takes to machine a riser, cams and modules then the kolorfusion process (assuming the supply of limbs is readily available)? Once all those parts are in house and ready for assembly I would presume one person could assemble two bows an hour which includes measuring draw length, weight and shooting through a chrono, wrapping and boxing.

I'm not sure if the kolorfusion process is in house or subbed out nor if they only do one or two color/pattern runs per week. If so, then with all the color/pattern options it may be 8-10 weeks before the color/pattern that you chose is "fused."

To get back on track, I'm curious to see how they will run the cables. Wasn't it some years ago that Martin had a shoot through riser and their cables were split as well?

I'm not affiliated with OB, just patiently waiting on my new Phoenix after selling my 2012 Lethal Force.

Love and hate relationship with shoot through risers. Typically the bows are more accurate, but it does take some extra effort to load the arrow carefully without scratching up the riser.

Quote Originally Posted by runninghounds View Post
    Except for there engineers....there only part time....lol
    Boom!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEY CUSTOM-G View Post

It's easy when using left over risers from the last 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsntails7 View Post
    It's easy when using left over risers from the last 4 years.
    lmfao.....
    2013 Pse DNA 70# 29"
    Gold tip velocity xt.300
    T.R.U ball max hunter 3/ max hunter 4
    6" Bee stinger extreme hunter
    G5 1/4" meta peep,HHA DS-XL 5519,Apex Gear reactor quiver

I'll admit the wait time was frustrating and I all but gave up on getting my bow. I'm glad I stuck it out though. I'm in love with my Evo and my buddy ordered one today after shooting mine. I agree with that there are many dealers that have no business selling this product. I spoke with Dennis on the phone about it. Once the product leaves the factory he can no longer control the customer experience. If the customer has a bad experience with the dealer, they will never purchase the product again no matter how good it is. Many of the big names do a better job controlling the customer experience by keeping closer tabs on those they allow to sell their bows.

Quote Originally Posted by gwa2712 View Post
    I'll admit the wait time was frustrating and I all but gave up on getting my bow. I'm glad I stuck it out though. I'm in love with my Evo and my buddy ordered one today after shooting mine. I agree with that there are many dealers that have no business selling this product. I spoke with Dennis on the phone about it. Once the product leaves the factory he can no longer control the customer experience. If the customer has a bad experience with the dealer, they will never purchase the product again no matter how good it is. Many of the big names do a better job controlling the customer experience by keeping closer tabs on those they allow to sell their bows.
    I have found the companies really don't care as long as the dealer is moving product. we have pro shops in Jersey that handle the big names and they don't have a clue how to tune and set these bows up !

DW.Davis System, Extreme Scope + CR scope NAP Apache , X Killer CXL Pro CT Cheetah inception STAGE ONE STRINGS

Have spoken with Dennis and Angela, and we're already working on getting me a price! :-) Hope to have one of the first ones out the door.
    Carbofast Direct - Team R4V - USA Archery - Prime ProStaff
    '15 Obsession Target/'14 Mathews Hybrid Chill R-X/'13 Prime One/'12 Elite Pure/'13 Maitland Halo 31/'13 Maitland X-Factor/'13 Maitland Session Pro/'12 Maitland Zeus "How many bows is too many?"

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman78 View Post
    I have found the companies really don't care as long as the dealer is moving product. we have pro shops in Jersey that handle the big names and they don't have a clue how to tune and set these bows up !
    Correct ... I think I witnessed the proshop by me lockup 3 or 4 elites. I don't know how many times you need to do that before you remember to put the draw stops back in...

What I have a hard time getting over is how Kevin Strother continually rips from other manufacturers , tweaks them a certain percentage then beats his chest that he's the greatest designer today.

The latest Obsession/ Expedition riser was a rip from a prime and a Bowtech and this shoot thru is a rip from Hoyt.

I'm not a fan nor am I impressed.
    Acts 10:13
    <+><

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast