Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 228

Thread: Labor Day - Brought To You By Your Union Brothers & Sisters

  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBlake View Post
    Unions, thinking up creative ways to not work and still get paid since 1886


    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

    "Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor


  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    I'm sorry Jenny, all of the above is against the Republican doctrine. Fox will not be happy with you.
    Dang Republicans, Good thing every other network will parrot it blindly. If they say it enough, well it has has to be true........ It appears to already be working.

    Claiming all of the above to be the sole beneficiary of the Unions is interesting.

    I do hope everyone enjoys the long week end.

    CG
    ..............it's that you shoot!

    "One of the penalties of not participating in politics is that you will be governed
    by your inferiors."

  3. #28
    I don't have time right now to go through the list and debunk them because I actually work while at work, but will look into it more later.

    Unions played a role in most of these, but are they the product of unions? NO.

    BTW, I work Monday so you all enjoy your weekend (I get it off, but am comping it for later)
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

    "Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Twin Cities MN
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Boonie_Hunter View Post
    I don't have time right now to go through the list and debunk them because I actually work while at work, but will look into it more later.

    Unions played a role in most of these, but are they the product of unions? NO.

    BTW, I work Monday so you all enjoy your weekend (I get it off, but am comping it for later)
    LOL then why mention this?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ohio Farm or Florida Lake
    Posts
    5,807
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKSTER View Post
    here is to the union and child labor laws...... Sheet think of how many little children lives would be saved if only .....well watch and learn



    Man that is some good stuff right there!!! Almost like letting that nine year old handle an Uzi! That kid is very good with the wheel loader!
    ....................Sent via Overland Pony Express.............

    "We've upped our standards. Up yours"

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKSTER View Post
    here is to the union and child labor laws...... Sheet think of how many little children lives would be saved if only .....well watch and learn
    Child labor keeps kids out of trouble, learning the how government works when the parents take their hard earned play time profits. I think it's capital idea....

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    LOL then why mention this?
    Didn't mean to come across like that. I was expressing good wishes to those who have plans for the long weekend.
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

    "Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    High and Dry
    Posts
    3,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Soocom1 View Post
    Does that include the working bunch of retail?
    or perhaps the gubnet workers who have no vacations off?
    Or perhaps the idiotic bunch who continually state that all of the above was specifically union initiated.
    Gotya.
    Well if they don't get them, their contract negotiations suck. If it doesn't apply to you then have a nice weekend. There are folks to whom it applies.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    High and Dry
    Posts
    3,936
    Quote Originally Posted by sticshooter View Post
    you should get help. Your starting to sound like wacko X.
    Come now stics, you're only barely more coherent than mousey yourself.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Phuxitewya, CA
    Posts
    5,133
    I might quit and become and insurance salesmen....no skills except praying on the weak...maybe I should just become Xian while I am at it.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Funky Town USA
    Posts
    30,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce 2 View Post
    I might quit and become and insurance salesmen....no skills except praying on the weak...maybe I should just become Xian while I am at it.
    drunk again. Typical union worker hahahahahahaha
    if a woman starts hitting me and won't stop , she's gonna get her lips tapped.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Funky Town USA
    Posts
    30,136
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunson View Post
    Come now stics, you're only barely more coherent than mousey yourself.
    well your right there behind me.
    if a woman starts hitting me and won't stop , she's gonna get her lips tapped.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    High and Dry
    Posts
    3,936
    Quote Originally Posted by cobowhntr View Post
    Wait just a minute......I'm suppose to be taking vacations and pay the employees peanuts. ?.?......... Now someone tells me.

    My cpa is gonna love me. I'm gonna become a Mormon tomorrow for the tax exempt status and I'm gonna start paying the employees peanuts. Hopefully she'll have those changes made by the time I get back from my vAcATiOn. <--Did I spell that correctly, I'm a bit unfamiliar with that word.
    No disrespect to you cobo, but if you can't take vacations or get time off, perhaps your business is not that great. I have a friend from high school that runs a very successful small business in the Loveland area. He travels all over the world and posts his great vacation pics on facebook. At least once every couple months he is somewhere exotic. His business is less than 10 employees. He admits he is thankfull for his great employees that make it possible for him to have such great success. I also used to work for a guy with about six employees that was the same way. No vacations for us. No paid holidays. No insurance. He told me when he hired me he would have me where I wanted to be pay wise, if I performed well within the first year. In that time, he layed off one of the other guys doing the same job I was doing because I was doing double his work and he layed off his estimator, because I was doing estimates for him as well. When the year was up, I carefully brought up our discussion from when I hired on to remind him that I had a target wage I was hoping for. He told me that times were getting tough and he just couldn't afford it right now. I accepted it as a possiblity until his wife rolled up in her brand new Beemer SUV. This guy took off at least a full week every month to go hunting or fishing somewhere exotic, and showed off his lavish cabin upstate. When I put in my two weeks notice he was upset. He asked me why I thought he couldn't keep people like me working for him so I told him the truth. I don't expect an employer to work harder than me or have less than I do, but I do expect honesty. I know he dropped over $35 in wages by laying off those two other guys and I was just asking for $3 more than he was paying me, and I knew the cash flow for the business. I also knew the job outlook. He was booked well ahead of normal. Instead, he chose to reward himself for my efforts and threw it in my face.

    You can continue to muddy this subject with your one-liner quips, but it only reflects poorly on your business owner skills, or choice of business, when you claim you're over-worked, poverty-stricken, small business owners.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    13,039
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunson View Post
    Well if they don't get them, their contract negotiations suck. If it doesn't apply to you then have a nice weekend. There are folks to whom it applies.
    Nice thought.


    Only you blue collar guys count eh?

    Yep.. Education is key.
    "Im a Dapper Dan man"

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,027
    Do unions pay for therapy? I think you have a few issues that you could use to talk to someone about?

    I am not expert nor am I casting any aspersions, just an observation and wondering, tha'ts all.

    CG
    ..............it's that you shoot!

    "One of the penalties of not participating in politics is that you will be governed
    by your inferiors."

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    High and Dry
    Posts
    3,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Soocom1 View Post
    Nice thought.


    Only you blue collar guys count eh?

    Yep.. Education is key.
    Well, if we must go down the dog-eat-dog road, then yes, I guess I can be ok with my union workforce large corporation steamrolling your small business. The stooges wallets are getting fat here, and we have successfully negotiated good wages, benefits, and paid time off.

    And FWIW, I am educated well above the requirement for my job, but I make more money with benefits, than I could in my respective field.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    High and Dry
    Posts
    3,936
    Quote Originally Posted by coilguy View Post
    Do unions pay for therapy? I think you have a few issues that you could use to talk to someone about?

    I am not expert nor am I casting any aspersions, just an observation and wondering, tha'ts all.

    CG
    Assuming you are talking to me, yes, we get 10 free visits with mental health professionals per year. Please elaborate. I would love to know the basis of your assertion that is not an aspersion.

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunson View Post
    No disrespect to you cobo, but if you can't take vacations or get time off, perhaps your business is not that great. I have a friend from high school that runs a very successful small business in the Loveland area. He travels all over the world and posts his great vacation pics on facebook. At least once every couple months he is somewhere exotic. His business is less than 10 employees. He admits he is thankfull for his great employees that make it possible for him to have such great success. I also used to work for a guy with about six employees that was the same way. No vacations for us. No paid holidays. No insurance. He told me when he hired me he would have me where I wanted to be pay wise, if I performed well within the first year. In that time, he layed off one of the other guys doing the same job I was doing because I was doing double his work and he layed off his estimator, because I was doing estimates for him as well. When the year was up, I carefully brought up our discussion from when I hired on to remind him that I had a target wage I was hoping for. He told me that times were getting tough and he just couldn't afford it right now. I accepted it as a possiblity until his wife rolled up in her brand new Beemer SUV. This guy took off at least a full week every month to go hunting or fishing somewhere exotic, and showed off his lavish cabin upstate. When I put in my two weeks notice he was upset. He asked me why I thought he couldn't keep people like me working for him so I told him the truth. I don't expect an employer to work harder than me or have less than I do, but I do expect honesty. I know he dropped over $35 in wages by laying off those two other guys and I was just asking for $3 more than he was paying me, and I knew the cash flow for the business. I also knew the job outlook. He was booked well ahead of normal. Instead, he chose to reward himself for my efforts and threw it in my face.

    You can continue to muddy this subject with your one-liner quips, but it only reflects poorly on your business owner skills, or choice of business, when you claim you're over-worked, poverty-stricken, small business owners.
    Respectfully, bull****. Small business owners work to keep it running and keep the pay checks coming for their employees. You had a bad boss once. Sorry. We all have. These "over worked, poverty-stricken, small business owners" are holding this country together. And yes, business may not be that great, but you still hold it together, because that's what SBOs do. They don't have a union to pull their ass out of a bad economy. You keep going to work.
    Praesto et Persto

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Funky Town USA
    Posts
    30,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    Respectfully, bull****. Small business owners work to keep it running and keep the pay checks coming for their employees. You had a bad boss once. Sorry. We all have. These "over worked, poverty-stricken, small business owners" are holding this country together. And yes, business may not be that great, but you still hold it together, because that's what SBOs do. They don't have a union to pull their ass out of a bad economy. You keep going to work.
    don't let him rile ya up. Its just typical union arrogance of some union workers.
    if a woman starts hitting me and won't stop , she's gonna get her lips tapped.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Land of the Pines
    Posts
    604
    Sounds like a bunch of pinko commies are members here.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Phuxitewya, CA
    Posts
    5,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    Respectfully, bull****. Small business owners work to keep it running and keep the pay checks coming for their employees. You had a bad boss once. Sorry. We all have. These "over worked, poverty-stricken, small business owners" are holding this country together. And yes, business may not be that great, but you still hold it together, because that's what SBOs do. They don't have a union to pull their ass out of a bad economy. You keep going to work.
    How does a union pull their ass out of a bad economy?

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Southwest Missouri
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKSTER View Post
    here is to the union and child labor laws...... Sheet think of how many little children lives would be saved if only .....well watch and learn



    Kids these days, absolutely spoiled with all their "Technological" gewgaws! When I was workin' in a concrete-plant at age 5 for $0.03 a day, I didn't get no dang "front-end loaders"! We used splintery-handled SHOVELS, and had to RUN back and forth to the aggregate-pile, and every now and again a kid fell-into the mixer, but nobody would help him out because we were too dang exhausted from running and shoveling, so he would be mixed-up in the batch and, if lucky, someone would scratch his name in the wet cement with a stick at the jobsite for a grave-marker, and WE LIKED IT!
    Parfois, on fait pas semblant!
    (Sometimes, it is not pretend!)

  23. #48
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Southwest Missouri
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by cobowhntr View Post
    Wait just a minute......I'm suppose to be taking vacations and pay the employees peanuts. ?.?......... Now someone tells me.

    My cpa is gonna love me. I'm gonna become a Mormon tomorrow for the tax exempt status and I'm gonna start paying the employees peanuts. Hopefully she'll have those changes made by the time I get back from my vAcATiOn. <--Did I spell that correctly, I'm a bit unfamiliar with that word.
    Mamma sez a "Vay-Cay-SHUN" is someplace you don't never return from....
    Parfois, on fait pas semblant!
    (Sometimes, it is not pretend!)

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce 2 View Post
    How does a union pull their ass out of a bad economy?
    Keep up Bruce. Unions DONT. Independent small businesses do.
    Praesto et Persto

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by BluMeanie View Post
    Kids these days, absolutely spoiled with all their "Technological" gewgaws! When I was workin' in a concrete-plant at age 5 for $0.03 a day, I didn't get no dang "front-end loaders"! We used splintery-handled SHOVELS, and had to RUN back and forth to the aggregate-pile, and every now and again a kid fell-into the mixer, but nobody would help him out because we were too dang exhausted from running and shoveling, so he would be mixed-up in the batch and, if lucky, someone would scratch his name in the wet cement with a stick at the jobsite for a grave-marker, and WE LIKED IT!
    I just spit non union pressed wine ALL OVER my new wood floor!
    Praesto et Persto

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •