a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Labor Day - Brought To You By Your Union Brothers & Sisters

Their team loses and them become drunken union thugs.

if a woman starts hitting me and won't stop , she's gonna get her lips tapped.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunson View Post
    They don't. People don't realize that if the company fails, the workers lose their jobs. It is always in the union's best interest to keep the company alive. Dipchits like these guys think unions are trying to destroy businesses. That would make a lot of sense wouldn't it?
    Remember when the bakers union destroyed Hostess.

Quote Originally Posted by BUFFALOCTYBUCKS View Post
    Remember when the bakers union destroyed Hostess.
    I thought it was the teamsters according this place. I think management destroyed hostess.

You can still get your twinkies

Anybody remember this guy?

http://nypost.com/2013/05/28/labor-b...heavy-sleeper/

Union fat cat Mark Rosenthal spends more time sleeping at his desk than organizing labor, a series of damning photos reveals.

The 400-pound president of Local 983 of District Council 37 — the city’s largest blue-collar municipal-workers union — often downs a huge meal, then drops into dreamland in the early afternoon, members of the union’s executive board told The Post.

“He eats lunch when he arrives at work at 2 p.m. Then, like clockwork, he goes to sleep with a cup of soda on the table and the straw in it,” said Marvin Robbins, a union vice president. “Then he wakes up, looks at his watch and says, ‘I have to get out before the traffic gets bad.’ He’s usually out by 4 p.m. after being at the office two hours.”

Rosenthal is a former Parks Department employee who rose to power campaigning to rid the union of corruption in the late 1990s.
    Rosenthal, who earns $156,000 annually, yesterday denied being a free spender— and insisted he works “12-to-14-hour days.”
    He says the allegations are “part of a smear campaign” by a faction trying to get another Local 983 vice president, Joseph Puleo, elected president in a June 5 showdown.

He said it’s normal for executives to take “power naps.”

He also blamed his meetings with the sandman on the effects of pain medication he takes for backaches he has suffered since he fell through a chair at a McDonald’s last year.

“The chair broke because I’m big,” Rosenthal said. “I’m 60 years old, so if I eat during my lunch hour and take a little medication, can’t I close my eyes?” he said outside his apartment complex. “Is it so outrageous?”

The union represents 3,000 workers — mostly Parks Department peace officers and maintenance workers and NYPD tow-truck operators and other traffic agents that are among the lowest-paid city workers.

But they still fork over $1,080 in annual union dues that help fund Rosenthal’s salary and perks.

Rosenthal has headed the union since 1998, when he won an election under the platform of ridding the union of corruption and alleged mob ties. At the time, he called the union a “cesspool.”

Some members say he was a strong labor advocate for the union in his early years, but his questionable spending and sleeping habits — and alleged lack of attention to union issues — in recent years led to Puleo’s campaign.
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

Yep. Wasn't there a thread about him?

Power corrupts or makes one complacent or something like that.......
    Walk Your Talk

Yes. Another example of union leaders apathy towards the job.
    Praesto et Persto

Quote Originally Posted by cobowhntr View Post
    Yep. Wasn't there a thread about him?

Power corrupts or makes one complacent or something like that.......
    yes,

I tried to search for it to put in the link, but couldn't find it
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

They don't. People don't realize that if the company fails, the workers lose their jobs. It is always in the union's best interest to keep the company alive. Dipchits like these guys think unions are trying to destroy businesses. That would make a lot of sense wouldn't it?
    Hostess would agree with you, except for that second-to-last sentence.
    Parfois, on fait pas semblant!
    (Sometimes, it is not pretend!)

Quote Originally Posted by Boonie_Hunter View Post
    They are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKSTER View Post
    here is to the union and child labor laws...... Sheet think of how many little children lives would be saved if only .....well watch and learn

The youngster drives like many Chinese drivers I've seen -- he never looks behind when reversing the vehicle.

I think I interpreted your intent quite well.
    You are correct.............. you do get that part of my intent very well. Congrats.

The rest..............I bet we will never know. Unless you step up and provide some requested factual information. If not you keep making unsubstantiated claims, some will blindly believe you.

Its too much work for me too converse with those who will talk but not provide substance.

CG
    ..............it's that you shoot!

"One of the penalties of not participating in politics is that you will be governed
    by your inferiors."

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Fletch View Post
    The youngster drives like many Chinese drivers I've seen -- he never looks behind when reversing the vehicle.
    When you're driving a loader you don't need to be concerned with what's behind you.
    The people behind you need to be concerned with what's in front of them.
    Walk Your Talk

Quote Originally Posted by cobowhntr View Post
    When you're driving a loader you don't need to be concerned with what's behind you.
    The people behind you need to be concerned with what's in front of them.
    Kind of what I was thinking. I have moved snow with a wheel loader larger than that one, and it is a fun job.........if it is not your real job!
    ....................Sent via Overland Pony Express.............

"We've upped our standards. Up yours"

Quote Originally Posted by 410gage View Post
    Kind of what I was thinking. I have moved snow with a wheel loader larger than that one, and it is a fun job.........if it is not your real job!
    Only thing I gotta remember is, the back-wheel follows exactly the track of the front wheel - anything you hit outside O' that - needed to be moved anyway!
    Parfois, on fait pas semblant!
    (Sometimes, it is not pretend!)

Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    Yeah. Sure. We've all seen unions bend over backwards to keep a company alive for the workers. They often take pay cuts and decreased benefits to prevent a complete shut down of a business. Right? Right?...wait...NO?

they do, and they have done exactly that...I am a member of the Carpenters Union and we have, in our most recent contract, taken a cut in pay increases and benefits to keep construction in generally good health in certain areas of the country. as have most of the other trade unions at one time or another. the difference is we, as the rank and file,...ie "the union", made the decision, as group to do it, instead of it being forced on us by the business owners. as a matter of fact, our last contract,... that is a 5 year agreement,....contained a 50% reduction in wage increase and a "freeze" on our hourly pension contributions, in order to maintain the general health of the area's construction activity.
    what all the "union haters", seem to lack is the insight that compares their own wages to what we as union members have established as the upper limit of the pay scale that determines what everyone makes in the same respective field. we set the bar, as our wages increase, yours follows,... if we didn't make what we do, they won't make what you do, either. so every time you want to "hate on a union", for their wage and benefit package, or working conditions, you are also saying, "you make too much money", or "want to get paid for not working", as well.
    that my friend, is cold hard fact that has been proven many times over.

Quote Originally Posted by coilguy View Post
    You are correct.............. you do get that part of my intent very well. Congrats.

The rest..............I bet we will never know. Unless you step up and provide some requested factual information. If not you keep making unsubstantiated claims, some will blindly believe you.

Its too much work for me too converse with those who will talk but not provide substance.

CG
    This shows your lack of understanding,

because one notices the low light in a store means they do not support local business, no I do not think so.
    Because one is a small business owner they can't shop at a chain.... thats ludicrous..........it is as ridiculous as saying union employed folks should only support union stores......what would you buy?
    you paint your assumptions with a very broad brush, but you do have an audience, I bet that's nice for you.

What company is your union and its 250 employees a part of? Is it the most profitable by the dollar of profit generated or the percentage of profit to dollars of income? What is the field that you specialize in that requires union labor to prop up your companies standing in its organization? Are you implying that your company is the most profitable in the organization because it employs a Union? Does your division make the same product as other divisions in your company?

I ask so I can see how a union makes such a big difference and if it is the sole determining factor, how your board of directors or owner could be so stupid not to simply unionize his other plants and become even richer so he could vacation somewhere real expensive. I am often bewildered by the hatred union employees have for those with authority and those who have risked much to have much.
    CG
    You're questions are leading, ie, trolling. I've no desire to continue this subject with you, nor will I subject the company I work for, to online defamation.

Quote Originally Posted by ron w View Post
    what all the "union haters", seem to lack is the insight .............................. .......
    Ron, somewhere over 90% of people working in the USA are NOT in a union. They (we), are not ALL union haters. There are many very good reasons to not be unionized or want to be in a work union.
    As stated in other union/no union threads, there is a world of difference between skilled trade unions like yours and general labor unions. Most of the criticism you read is directed at the latter.
    ....................Sent via Overland Pony Express.............

"We've upped our standards. Up yours"

You're questions are leading, ie, trolling. I've no desire to continue this subject with you, nor will I subject the company I work for, to online defamation.
    Dang you figured me out..........your company is so lucky to have you protecting them like you do.
    I was pretty sure you couldn't answer the questions I asked.........I mean morally, not that you didn't have the ability.

CG
    ..............it's that you shoot!

"One of the penalties of not participating in politics is that you will be governed
    by your inferiors."

they do, and they have done exactly that...I am a member of the Carpenters Union and we have, in our most recent contract, taken a cut in pay increases and benefits to keep construction in generally good health in certain areas of the country. as have most of the other trade unions at one time or another. the difference is we, as the rank and file,...ie "the union", made the decision, as group to do it, instead of it being forced on us by the business owners. as a matter of fact, our last contract,... that is a 5 year agreement,....contained a 50% reduction in wage increase and a "freeze" on our hourly pension contributions, in order to maintain the general health of the area's construction activity.
    what all the "union haters", seem to lack is the insight that compares their own wages to what we as union members have established as the upper limit of the pay scale that determines what everyone makes in the same respective field. we set the bar, as our wages increase, yours follows,... if we didn't make what we do, they won't make what you do, either. so every time you want to "hate on a union", for their wage and benefit package, or working conditions, you are also saying, "you make too much money", or "want to get paid for not working", as well.
    I thought you were retired...did you go back to work?

Dang you figured me out..........your company is so lucky to have you protecting them like you do.
    I was pretty sure you couldn't answer the questions I asked.........I mean morally, not that you didn't have the ability.

CG
    Thanks princess. I knew you'd understand.

Would you explain "50% reduction in wage increase" ?
    Walk Your Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Boonie_Hunter View Post
    I thought you were retired...did you go back to work?
    I am retired, but still a dues paying, voting member and will be for life, because my pension check comes from the union, not some employer or investment firm. most trade unions work that way. small price to pay, and I have a say on what is done with my pension account and who are the officers of my local, district council and international and a vote on all of the proceding contracts,.... and I get my 3500 dollar pension check every month, from which non of that, came off my paycheck, when I was working. how many guys can buy 3500 bucks a month, for 14 dollars a month, plus, when I die, my wife gets $2485 a month for the rest of her life and doesn't have to pay the dues....all because I am in a "UNION"......do any of you guys get that from your "non-union" jobs ?.
    by the way, I retired at 55 also and social security will be another 1100-1300 bucks a month, when I reach that age .
    now,...what were you all saying about how unions are stupid ?.

Quote Originally Posted by 410gage View Post
    Ron, somewhere over 90% of people working in the USA are NOT in a union. They (we), are not ALL union haters. There are many very good reasons to not be unionized or want to be in a work union.
    As stated in other union/no union threads, there is a world of difference between skilled trade unions like yours and general labor unions. Most of the criticism you read is directed at the latter.
    I've been the recipient of plenty of that "hate"....coincidently, the majority of it came from people right here on this board, over the 17 or so years I've been a member here. unless you are self employed and making a good living, I can see no reason what-so-ever for not being in a union, tradesman or otherwise.

I am retired, but still a dues paying, voting member and will be for life, because my pension check comes from the union, not some employer or investment firm. most trade unions work that way. small price to pay, and I have a say on what is done with my pension account and who are the officers of my local, district council and international and a vote on all of the proceding contracts,.... and I get my 3500 dollar pension check every month, from which non of that, came off my paycheck, when I was working. how many guys can buy 3500 bucks a month, for 14 dollars a month, plus, when I die, my wife gets $2485 a month for the rest of her life and doesn't have to pay the dues....all because I am in a "UNION"......do any of you guys get that from your "non-union" jobs ?.
    by the way, I retired at 55 also and social security will be another 1100-1300 bucks a month, when I reach that age .
    now,...what were you all saying about how unions are stupid ?.
    They're jealous.

I've been the recipient of plenty of that "hate"....coincidently, the majority of it came from people right here on this board, over the 17 or so years I've been a member here. unless you are self employed and making a good living, I can see no reason what-so-ever for not being in a union, tradesman or otherwise.
    In total agreement.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast