a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 228

Thread: Labor Day - Brought To You By Your Union Brothers & Sisters

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    15,864
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBlake View Post
    Unions, thinking up creative ways to not work and still get paid since 1886
    As opposed to the genius thinking of working more to get paid less...

    Steve

    A fellow doesn't last long on what he has done. He's got to keep on delivering as he goes along.


  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    central WI.
    Posts
    6,606
    Quote Originally Posted by wacker stacker View Post
    Yes the rest of Americans are just leaching dirt bags. Any clue why unions get a bad reputation?
    is there something wrong with that list ?. did she leave something out that makes you think all the rest of the American workers are leaches and scum bags. ?
    I thought she did a pretty good job of listing all the benefits unions brought forth.

    you know what, she did leave something out....the fact that if union wages and benefits weren't as good as they are,....you'd be making even less at your job.

  3. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by ron w View Post
    is there something wrong with that list ?. did she leave something out that makes you think all the rest of the American workers are leaches and scum bags. ?
    I thought she did a pretty good job of listing all the benefits unions brought forth.

    you know what, she did leave something out....the fact that if union wages and benefits weren't as good as they are,....you'd be making even less at your job.
    You are making inaccurate assumption. If you wouldn't limit yourself to the union you could of advanced beyond that in wealth, and time off if you would have applied some effort at it.

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    central WI.
    Posts
    6,606
    Quote Originally Posted by mn5503 View Post
    As opposed to the genius thinking of working more to get paid less...
    good one on ya...why is it, that as soon as some mentions working in a union, for a decent wage ....there's a million people who want to call him a "taker". it's about the same thing as johnny's little buddy that shows up with a new shiney new bike,....and johny just glares at it and says,"it ain't so great"......

  5. #180
    I don't need a union to take care of me like a government agency and invest my wages in political battles against my wishes. Money first and morals be damned!

  6. #181
    I will tell you one more union scenario. I used to teach in IDOC in the vocational school in my mid 20's. I was bumped because another senior teacher didn't teach, promote, or do sqaut so his program got cut and he stole mine right when I was getting started. The union needs a working man, and the working man doesn't need the union.

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    717
    This company uses their money to wage political battles against our wishes. It just makes me wonder which side to step on. Granted they aren't all the same. Our stock went from 40 to 50 dollar a share public stock to private. A very good company monitored 401k shares but was also replaced by none other than...you guessed it. Corporate. Recent pension benefit releases state that they admit that there isnt enough to pay pensions fully in the next decade. I wonder if the "billions" of dollars used since inception to wage war on not only unions, but hard working families everywhere, would have been better used to replace a lot of the decaying machinery in most buildings that operators struggle with every day. People are dying and it makes me sick. At the same time, I believe that our union could do more for us with the monthly dues that almost doubled when they combined us with who we are now.

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    central WI.
    Posts
    6,606
    Quote Originally Posted by wacker stacker View Post
    Ya they miss that part. People need to invest "their" income to secure wealth and a sure retirement. I like to be in charge of "my" own destiny and "my" $. I guess that is why I am self employed.

    If you and your spouse die soon after retirement then your kids get nothing of all this pension, unlike if you invest in your own retirement accounts. They have done the math kinda like the reverse mortgage people and they are banking on you dying while they are still ahead.
    do you actually think your employer gives you all of what he charges whoever he's doing a job for ? this is getting more stupid as it goes on. you guys are scratching at the sky, trying to refute is being said about union membership and every time you think you've come up with a point, it's not even the least bit relative , to the issue. we can play this all nite...don't forget thanks to the union, I could retire at 55, so I don't have to get off this keyboard and go to work in the morning.
    I have a savings and investments to give my kids when I go. you notice, I said " a savings and investments to give my kids" ... the difference is that I did not have to do this for my own personal security when I quit working, what I've saved and invested, I can give entirely to my kids, not what's left over after I lived on it for 30 years.......don't you guys ever think before you open your cake holes. there's absolutely nothing you can come up with that demonstrates an inadequacy about being a union member. keep coming up with the all the silly stuff you can, and i'll keep correcting you...I don't mind it at all....remember, I don't have to get up in the morning to earn a living any more...tell me again, now,..... why is that ?.
    sooner or later you'll see the light.
    don't get me wrong, I never said investing was a bad idea or that it doesn't need to be done, now did I......that is an assumption on your side....just exactly what you're telling me I shouldn't do...again just scratching at the sky, pulling totally irrelevant things out of thin air. the difference is that my savings and/or investments aren't for the purpose of paying the bills when I don't have a working income .....mainly because I will never not have an income, my retirement income is perpetual, it will never get used up in my life time or my wife's lifetime and I will never have to dip into it , unless I want to. so what I give to my kids isn't what's left over, it's what was planned on. get it ?.
    tell, me, will you have to use your saving and investments to live on after you retire ?......I won't. again..... tell me ...why is that ?.
    what other crzy silly garbage, are you guys goin to come up with ?.
    I gotta go for a while, not because I have to, but because I want to...remember that thing about not having to get up in the morning for work, now. i'll be back, so you guys just keep thinking of stuff, i'll straighten you all out, when I come back to this site.
    see ya later, you guys made me hungry !.

  9. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by ron w View Post
    do you actually think your employer gives you all of what he charges whoever he's doing a job for ? this is getting more stupid as it goes on. you guys are scratching at the sky, trying to refute is being said about union membership and every time you think you've come up with a point, it's not even the least bit relative , to the issue. we can play this all nite...don't forget thanks to the union, I could retire at 55, so I don't have to get off this keyboard and go to work in the morning.
    I have a savings and investments to give my kids when I go. you notice, I said " a savings and investments to give my kids" ... the difference is that I did not have to do this for my own personal security when I quit working, what I've saved and invested, I can give entirely to my kids, not what's left over after I lived on it for 30 years.......don't you guys ever think before you open your cake holes. there's absolutely nothing you can come up with that demonstrates an inadequacy about being a union member. keep coming up with the all the silly stuff you can, and i'll keep correcting you...I don't mind it at all....remember, I don't have to get up in the morning to earn a living any more...tell me again, now,..... why is that ?.
    sooner or later you'll see the light.
    don't get me wrong, I never said investing was a bad idea or that it doesn't need to be done, now did I......that is an assumption on your side....just exactly what you're telling me I shouldn't do...again just scratching at the sky, pulling totally irrelevant things out of thin air. the difference is that my savings and/or investments aren't for the purpose of paying the bills when I don't have a working income .....mainly because I will never not have an income, my retirement income is perpetual, it will never get used up in my life time or my wife's lifetime and I will never have to dip into it , unless I want to. so what I give to my kids isn't what's left over, it's what was planned on. get it ?.
    tell, me, will you have to use your saving and investments to live on after you retire ?......I won't. again..... tell me ...why is that ?.
    what other crzy silly garbage, are you guys goin to come up with ?.
    I gotta go for a while, not because I have to, but because I want to...remember that thing about not having to get up in the morning for work, now. i'll be back, so you guys just keep thinking of stuff, i'll straighten you all out, when I come back to this site.
    see ya later, you guys made me hungry !.
    You don't get it! I am self employed! A lazy union guy cost me my job, but I am much better off now without it.

  10. #185
    Look at the greedy public sector unions demanding more money from the tax paying public to fund their pension so they don't have to save. I would call it theft. Two for me and one for you the say. Listen partner, I am a self made 38 year old and I will be hunting every morning and every evening that I choose to hunt all deer season, some of which will be on my own land. Same goes for turkey season. The union would only drag me down! I seriously doubt people will ever let me retire because they will be willing to pay too much to turn down for a job I enjoy and excel at. My posts are nothing more than the facts.

  11. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by ron w View Post
    do you actually think your employer gives you all of what he charges whoever he's doing a job for ? this is getting more stupid as it goes on. you guys are scratching at the sky, trying to refute is being said about union membership and every time you think you've come up with a point, it's not even the least bit relative , to the issue. we can play this all nite...don't forget thanks to the union, I could retire at 55, so I don't have to get off this keyboard and go to work in the morning.
    I have a savings and investments to give my kids when I go. you notice, I said " a savings and investments to give my kids" ... the difference is that I did not have to do this for my own personal security when I quit working, what I've saved and invested, I can give entirely to my kids, not what's left over after I lived on it for 30 years.......don't you guys ever think before you open your cake holes. there's absolutely nothing you can come up with that demonstrates an inadequacy about being a union member. keep coming up with the all the silly stuff you can, and i'll keep correcting you...I don't mind it at all....remember, I don't have to get up in the morning to earn a living any more...tell me again, now,..... why is that ?.
    sooner or later you'll see the light.
    don't get me wrong, I never said investing was a bad idea or that it doesn't need to be done, now did I......that is an assumption on your side....just exactly what you're telling me I shouldn't do...again just scratching at the sky, pulling totally irrelevant things out of thin air. the difference is that my savings and/or investments aren't for the purpose of paying the bills when I don't have a working income .....mainly because I will never not have an income, my retirement income is perpetual, it will never get used up in my life time or my wife's lifetime and I will never have to dip into it , unless I want to. so what I give to my kids isn't what's left over, it's what was planned on. get it ?.
    tell, me, will you have to use your saving and investments to live on after you retire ?......I won't. again..... tell me ...why is that ?.
    what other crzy silly garbage, are you guys goin to come up with ?.
    I gotta go for a while, not because I have to, but because I want to...remember that thing about not having to get up in the morning for work, now. i'll be back, so you guys just keep thinking of stuff, i'll straighten you all out, when I come back to this site.
    see ya later, you guys made me hungry !.
    Maybe you should go back to work to get your sanity back. Being cooped up in your house all day isn't good for you and neither is this diarrhea of the typewriter you've put on display here.
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

    "Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    central WI.
    Posts
    6,606
    is that the best you can do to try and discredit the undeniable truth. can't post any factual argument to what I say, so chnge directions and attack me personally , ha. ! typical non-union loser.

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBlake View Post
    Unions, thinking up creative ways to not work and still get paid since 1886
    Hahahahaha
    2014 Elite Energy 35 Realtree Xtra, 70#/29 | Excalibur Matrix 380

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    High and Dry
    Posts
    4,030
    Quote Originally Posted by ron w View Post
    good one on ya...why is it, that as soon as some mentions working in a union, for a decent wage ....there's a million people who want to call him a "taker". it's about the same thing as johnny's little buddy that shows up with a new shiney new bike,....and johny just glares at it and says,"it ain't so great"......
    Keep in mind that most of these guys are managers, or small business owners that spend their day on here debating politics while their "workers" are out building the nest they sit on. They view the company's success as their own, rather than the team effort.

  15. #190
    Public unions pensions are the result of politicians buying votes from large groups with the tax payers money. The union is only financially beneficial to their group if they continue to see them selves worthy of their elitist stance. They preach unionize but if every position in the work force were to do so.......then the cost of all goods would rise putting you financially on the same spot. It does no good to make a % more if the cost of goods and services jumps the same.

  16. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunson View Post
    Keep in mind that most of these guys are managers, or small business owners that spend their day on here debating politics while their "workers" are out building the nest they sit on. They view the company's success as their own, rather than the team effort.
    No one forces anyone to work for anyone here in America. You can quit and start your own business. You sound like Obama. I think you have no idea what these managers and business owners deal with or how hard most of them work. If it is so easy and great start in! I here a lot of entitlement in this thread. No one owes anyone anything.

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunson View Post
    Keep in mind that most of these guys are managers, or small business owners that spend their day on here debating politics while their "workers" are out building the nest they sit on. They view the company's success as their own, rather than the team effort.
    Wow ...now you are a mind reader as well, nicely played ma'am!!!!!

    CG
    ..............it's that you shoot!

    If you live in a country that you can be arrested for hunting without a license but not for entering it illegally
    you live in a country run by an idiot!!!!

  18. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by ron w View Post
    is that the best you can do to try and discredit the undeniable truth. can't post any factual argument to what I say, so chnge directions and attack me personally , ha. ! typical non-union loser.
    Yes I am a non-union loser.

    I am 25. I put myself through 4 years of college and graduated in 2011 debt free. I found a job related to my field of study soon after and started out making over $55,000 a year.

    I paid for my 2013 F-150 SuperCrew 4x4 in cash (I only financed the last $1,000 for 3 months through Ford so I could receive the rebates...paid it off the third month).

    I own over $30,000 in guns in my own personal collection since I started at 18.

    I started saving for retirement when I was 16 and now contribute roughly 20% of my income to it, so I too will be able to retire at 55. Except my projected benefit will be more than double what your's is without including any SS income. Plus I will be able to leave that money to anyone I please.

    And I didn't need a damn union to do anything for me...I can do it on my own.



    I'm not arguing you have a fairly good deal going on. But nobody cares.

    You still haven't proven that unions aren't leeches.
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

    "Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Boonie_Hunter View Post
    Maybe you should go back to work to get your sanity back. Being cooped up in your house all day isn't good for you and neither is this diarrhea of the typewriter you've put on display here.
    WOW there are some issues that come out..........Unbelievable rants, I can't even find a point in it......I am to busy scratching at the sky I guess.....must be union slang for something.

    CG
    ..............it's that you shoot!

    If you live in a country that you can be arrested for hunting without a license but not for entering it illegally
    you live in a country run by an idiot!!!!

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    High and Dry
    Posts
    4,030
    Quote Originally Posted by wacker stacker View Post
    No one forces anyone to work for anyone here in America. You can quit and start your own business. You sound like Obama. I think you have no idea what these managers and business owners deal with or how hard most of them work. If it is so easy and great start in! I here a lot of entitlement in this thread. No one owes anyone anything.
    Been there, done that. I paid for my own education, and worked my way up to the board of directors of a 150+ employee company. While there, I witnessed some business dealings I didn't agree with and resigned. I went to work for another company as a mid-level manager and witnessed even worse things. Nothing illegal, just a broad disrespect for employees and self entitlement from management. I was told several times to tell my employees that if they didn't want to work seven days a week, I would find people who did. Needless to say turnover was huge and I had to work seven days a week, 14-16 hours a day to help keep production up. I was given the same option as my employees when I wanted to address the issue. I then started my own contracting company to see if I could make things better only to discover that I didn't care for the feast or famine of the industry. Instead of whining because nobody cares about the small business owner, I took a job at one of the companies I did contract work for making nearly the same money with full benefits. Good insurance is very important with two boys in high school football.

    I have a very good idea what it is to be in upper level management and a small business owner. I have no entitlement issues. I don't believe the company owes me anything other than what is agreed to in the contract. I am thankful for having a good secure job that makes it so I can enjoy life on my days off, without worrying about layoffs every other week. Most small business owners are not affected by unions in any way, so why do they seem so concerned? Is it just because of the blown up news propaganda?

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    central WI.
    Posts
    6,606
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunson View Post
    Keep in mind that most of these guys are managers, or small business owners that spend their day on here debating politics while their "workers" are out building the nest they sit on. They view the company's success as their own, rather than the team effort.
    that's something that, "that" kind of person will never understand...they see it all as they alone, are the ones that have made them their money and if it wasn't for their nosiness, the others wouldn't have a job at all.
    as I say..."keep the Republicans in office and eventually, everyone will be working for 10 bucks an hour, with no benefits at all".
    my political beliefs aren't strictly "democratic", but I am decidedly and staunchly,..."pro-labor" ...in my political preferences.

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    central WI.
    Posts
    6,606
    Quote Originally Posted by wacker stacker View Post
    You don't get it! I am self employed! A lazy union guy cost me my job, but I am much better off now without it.
    you're not trying to tell me that there are no "lazy guys" in a non-union work place,...are you?.
    every form of employment has it's "lazy guys"......that "lazy union guy" that now has your job, was just a bit smarter than you about how hard to work to get paid what he was getting paid and possibly, and I say "possibly"....because I don't know the details.....did your job abit better than you. I don't know what you do, but just how far do you go in your "self employed" condition to earn what you think your service is worth....are you trying to say that you work harder than anyone else and that you will give yourself away, to make your clients smile?, are you saying that you would never take the opportunity to make a good profit on an "easy project", if the opportunity arose ? or are you trying to say that you'd forgo profit and charge a guy less, just to get the job and beat someone else out of it ?........ if any one of those conditions fits your philosophy....that's foolish, and that will eventually lead to your being taken for granted, or your just as "bad" as that so called "lazy union guy".
    secondly, it was your decision to work in an "open shop"......don't cry when someone who can do your job better, gets your job...be that person union or not, you would not have lost your job if you were doing a good job of it.
    and lastly, if it was an "open shop", i'm sure you had every opportunity to join the union that was present in your place of business. you chose not to, ....why, because you didn't want to pay dues ?.
    I'm glad for you, that you are better off without the union...if a guy can better himself, have at it...I have no problem with that, but don't blame it on the fact that someone "cost you your job,....because the only one that "cost you your job"....is yourself.
    the point is that in my trade, the only way you make a decent living and have some security when you retire, is by working "union" and because of that fact, I am in pretty good shape as I am now in my retirement. yes I too had that same choice...join the union or don't........I made the right choice....and I lived the right choice.
    you say, "I don't get it"......I do get it, and that's why I joined the union.

  23. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by ron w View Post
    that's something that, "that" kind of person will never understand...they see it all as they alone, are the ones that have made them their money and if it wasn't for their nosiness, the others wouldn't have a job at all.
    as I say..."keep the Republicans in office and eventually, everyone will be working for 10 bucks an hour, with no benefits at all".
    my political beliefs aren't strictly "democratic", but I am decidedly and staunchly,..."pro-labor" ...in my political preferences.
    Pro-labor is the worst thing that can happen to a country that has to compete in the world markets, because the unions can't handle competition. Unions at every level are strictly collectivists.. mostly collecting from their members...

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    central WI.
    Posts
    6,606
    Quote Originally Posted by wacker stacker View Post
    Look at the greedy public sector unions demanding more money from the tax paying public to fund their pension so they don't have to save. I would call it theft. Two for me and one for you the say. Listen partner, I am a self made 38 year old and I will be hunting every morning and every evening that I choose to hunt all deer season, some of which will be on my own land. Same goes for turkey season. The union would only drag me down! I seriously doubt people will ever let me retire because they will be willing to pay too much to turn down for a job I enjoy and excel at. My posts are nothing more than the facts.
    what ????? how in thw word can "someone else" stop you from retiring when you think you can afford to. there's that key phrase...."when you think you can afford to" nine times out of ten, people that say ,..... "(they) won't let me retire", are actually saying ,.... I can't retire, because I can't afford to". now, tell me,.... why would someone not be able to afford to retire ?.

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    central WI.
    Posts
    6,606
    Quote Originally Posted by rattus58 View Post
    Pro-labor is the worst thing that can happen to a country that has to compete in the world markets, because the unions can't handle competition. Unions at every level are strictly collectivists.. mostly collecting from their members...
    that is as foolish a statement, as I have seen in this thread.......
    unions are so competitive, that in every case that I've been involved with, where my union had to bid against a non-union competitor, and that non-union competitor, won the bid and got the job,....that job was run into the ground by "extra charges" at the end of the job, for things done wrong , or things missed on the estimation. just about every job that goes over 3 million dollars, and that's not a very big job, these days,..... world-wide,..... are done by union contractors.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •