a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Setting centershot (paper test) with ProEdge ... fishtail to the left all the time

Setting centershot (paper test) with ProEdge ... fishtail to the left all the time

Iam tuning my brand new ProEdge, its always fishtailing to the left on the paper test (point right, vanes left) at 2 yards, whatever the position of the arrow rest (from 5/8" to 15/16" from burger button hole setting).
    I need to back up to 6 yards and beyond to get a perfect paper test. I may suspect a weak arrow but it doesnt make sense according to the chart... I am wondering If this bow should be paper tuned at 5-6 yards normally or if I should get it almost perfect at 2 yards.
    It seems that the paper test doesnt seems accurate this time?, should I consider grouping tests bare shafts vs fletched, or what else ?

67 pounds DW
    28.5" DL
    Carbonexpress MaximaRed 250 with 80gr. tip and 2,5" fletching

Thanks !
    Matt.
    Hoyt UltraTec xt2000 Cam&1/2////CarbonExpress Maxima RED//TRUball BackTension
    Toxonics 3515 target sight//Beiter Scope//QAD Ultra drop arrow rest
    Neet Quiver// Beiter Centralizer 41" //Zeiss K-Lense

Looks like you should be shooting the 350's. From what I see, 6 feet then shoot 20 yards is a good bet. You might be able to get them tuned in closer, but the spine flex may be too much that close.

Set your center shot to Hoyt spec and yoke tune out the tear. Left tear... twist the left yoke leg and untwist the right evenly. Nock tears can be removed with the control cable and/or twisting/untwisting one leg of the yoke.

if you tune right you probably won't have a perfect hole.
    how did it shoot bare shaft vs fletched at 20, only looking at impact location?

USA Level 2 Instructor
    2012 PSE Supra ME, 47#,ACC, Davis sight;2012 Dominator Pro 3D 55#; DS Advantage; ACC's
    Win-Win Inno Carbon Riser/Tropics 36#(38 tof), Redline arrows 690- DS Advantage-282grn@ 195fps
    2010 Hoyt Vantage Pro, XT 2000, Sprls, Sure Loc W BE 6X, ACC's 408g @ 259

Im gonna check the yoke tune first, thanks... I never saw a yoke tuning being that bad on paper test and on arrow grouping... maybe the arrow is a little weak too.. when ill be tuning my hunting bow ill expand tests with different arrows too
    Hoyt UltraTec xt2000 Cam&1/2////CarbonExpress Maxima RED//TRUball BackTension
    Toxonics 3515 target sight//Beiter Scope//QAD Ultra drop arrow rest
    Neet Quiver// Beiter Centralizer 41" //Zeiss K-Lense

If the tear is an inch or less, just go to group tuning. Don't chase bullet holes - in my experience once you group tune and go back to paper, you'll have a tear of some type. Yoke tuning will help most lateral tears. Don't just set yoke for zero cam lean at rest. Make a small yoke adjustment, then check the tear. Quick test for weak spine is back off limb bolts and retest. You can always trim arrow length to increase dynamic spine.

Good info here from GRIV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur3hZ4wiMFs