a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: [Tuning Problem?] The bow feels lumpy when I take the shot

Question [Tuning Problem?] The bow feels lumpy when I take the shot

Hi there,
    I am shooting a compound bow for years, and recently I found the bow ( Hoyt Alpha Elite 2012, 2C RKT cam @55lbs with new string and cable early 2014, Stabilizer: Fuse Carbon Blade ES 33" ) is not accurate as before.
    Have been tested for many shots for 2 days, and it still not going into the 10 ring at 18m indoor target. I do doubt about the settings was not accurate as at the beginning of the set.

Before taking it to the pro shop, I would like to ask some newbie questions.

1. Is the Axle-to-Axle length is not necessary to be the same as the one shown in the tune chart? The Hoyt AE 2012 Tune Chart : http://www.hoyt.com/assets/tune_char...AlphaElite.pdf

2. Are tiller heights matters here?

3. I am now using the STAN shootoff! Medium release, I managed to tune it into light and short travel to trigger the shot. Am I in the right way without affecting the release of the shot? As it originally comes with a hard settings and I am afraid of the release is holding back the string when I take the shot.

4. After I adjusted the height of the peep sight, it always offset to the left side of the bow, will this be the reason behind why I could take accurate shots as I am pretty confident about my form currently. What should I do?

Any suggestions or comments are welcome as much as they are your OWN experiences and techniques. Great thanks!

Cheers,
    Karson.C

Cheers

First off, if your not familiar with tuning a bow you should have someone with experience look at it. As for the peep, it sounds like it still needs to be aligned. Your ATA should be close to specs. As for your tiller adjustments, you should max out your limbs and back off evenly then tiller adjust can be made accordingly. Hope this helps.
    2012 hoyt vector turbo blacked out- hunter
    2011 hoyt alpha elite Z5ed
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC kryptec yeti/typhoon

Does "lumpy" feel like two distinct points where draw force changes a bit when you pull it back?

The RKT cams on my Vector feel different than my Spiral's or Z3's, but they all have a smooth and distinct peak and transition. No lumpy. They are also synced perfectly, and timed for my draw length.

ATA and BH can be off a lot with no sensation of "lumpy" or pulsation. The bow will shoot the best with those in spec, I think, but I have owned a bench mounted press for 20 years or more, and don't recall shooting a bow that wasn't pretty much spot on.

Hoyt's
    Hogg's
    Quick Spin's

Thanks for attentions! I have put my bow to the pro-shop to have a look and found that the either side of the limb matches the ATA. They are uneven in numbers and way off from the Hoyt Tune Chart.
    Also with the peep adjusted, now my 10's are back!

@TMan51, the lumpy bits come in when I draw through the valley and the release of shot. Since I am busy with my work and unable to have a long practice with the AE2012, I didn't notice the problem till recently. Now it's great and accurate to shoot at where I pointed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Karson.C View Post
    Now it's great and accurate to shoot at where I pointed at.
    Sounds like a happy ending to me
    Hoyt's
    Hogg's
    Quick Spin's