Thread: Evolution cams on a 12 Lethal Force?

Evolution cams on a 12 Lethal Force?

Has anybody installed the new Evolution cams on a 12 Lethal Force? I am considering doing so. My thought is it may provide a slightly smoother draw as the Evolution cams are slightly larger and who knows the LF may even achieve the original stated ibo. Obviously the string and cable lengths will change. This is an idea I've been contemplating. What are your thoughts?

If I'm not mistaken that was called the lethal force II

Quote Originally Posted by shell_waster View Post
    If I'm not mistaken that was called the lethal force II
    I see what you're getting at but the Evolution cam appears to be slightly larger than the LF 2 cams. That is my thought on this.

The evolution cam is smoother than the '12 lethal force cam and it doesn't load up early in the draw cycle either. I never shot the LFII so I can't speak to it's draw cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by shell_waster View Post
    The evolution cam is smoother than the '12 lethal force cam and it doesn't load up early in the draw cycle either. I never shot the LFII so I can't speak to it's draw cycle.
    I have to agree. I had a Evolution and it was smoother than my LF, the main reason I'm contemplating doing this.. I sold the Evolution because I didn't shoot it as well as I do my LF.

I am considering doing the same thing to my 2012 addiction, any body know how much new cams cost?

Quote Originally Posted by PA prime View Post
    I am considering doing the same thing to my 2012 addiction, any body know how much new cams cost?
    I'm not sure. I will more than likely be doing this after season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by PA prime View Post
    New set of evolution cams run around $150.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork_Chopper View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork_Chopper View Post
    That's just the cams then you need mods, strings probably bearings.

Expensive investment for maybe a slightly smoother slightly slower bow...

Not worth it IMO....

Quote Originally Posted by enkriss View Post
    That's just the cams then you need mods, strings probably bearings.

Expensive investment for maybe a slightly smoother slightly slower bow...

Not worth it IMO....
    Yeah, just something I'm considering.

I love my evo-diction. 2013 addiction with evolution cams. It's a sweet shooter.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409505723.867948.jpg
    2010 - Carbon Matrix - Sure Loc - Limb Driver - Fuse Carbon Conections, (gave it to my son)
    2012 - Alpha Elite - DS Advantage - Sure Loc Scope - Limb Driver - Control Freaks
    2012 - Vector Turbo - Sure Loc Sportman Special/Sure Loc Scope - Limb Driver -Doinker
    2012 - Vector Turbo - CBE - Pro Tuner - Doinker Platinums

Quote Originally Posted by oglebuck View Post
    I love my evo-diction. 2013 addiction with evolution cams. It's a sweet shooter.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409505723.867948.jpg
    How did the cam change affect the draw cycle and did it increase your speed any? I mostly want to achieve a smoother draw cycle.

I bought the bow all ready set up with the evo cams. I never shot the addiction with the addiction cams but the previous owner that did the swap said it was a smoother draw. Yes it increased the speed.
    2010 - Carbon Matrix - Sure Loc - Limb Driver - Fuse Carbon Conections, (gave it to my son)
    2012 - Alpha Elite - DS Advantage - Sure Loc Scope - Limb Driver - Control Freaks
    2012 - Vector Turbo - Sure Loc Sportman Special/Sure Loc Scope - Limb Driver -Doinker
    2012 - Vector Turbo - CBE - Pro Tuner - Doinker Platinums

Quote Originally Posted by oglebuck View Post
    I bought the bow all ready set up with the evo cams. I never shot the addiction with the addiction cams but the previous owner that did the swap said it was a smoother draw. Yes it increased the speed.
    Thanks for the info. I believe the bigger Evolution cams are an appropriate size for Obsession bows.