Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get to know each other...

Let's get to know each other...

There seems to be some more new blood in the A&E lately and it might do some good if we tell a little about ourselves so we know where each other is coming from.

Feel free to share as much or as little as you want, maybe just where you're at and what you do for now (if you're a welfare queen/king, what program funds you?)

I'll start. I'm 25, single, and live near just outside the Madison, WI metro area in Columbus. I am an engineering technician at a small utility consulting company where I route, design, and field stake electrical distribution and transmission lines.
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

Hi all. I'm 30 have a beautiful wife and four kids ages 5 (boy), 4 (girl), 22 months boy and another boy due in December. I work at an electric motor rewind facility in the armature and coil rewind field. I live in central PA about25 miles south West of Penn State University.

Quote Originally Posted by PAdorn View Post
    Hi all. I'm 30 have a beautiful wife and four kids ages 5 (boy), 4 (girl), 22 months boy and another boy due in December. I work at an electric motor rewind facility in the armature and coil rewind field. I live in central PA about25 miles south West of Penn State University.
    Congrats on the upcoming kid. Looks like you have a very busy 18 years ahead of you...
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Boonie_Hunter View Post
    Congrats on the upcoming kid. Looks like you have a very busy 18 years ahead of you...
    Haha. Sure do and thanks! It's getting to be pretty routine now. Sometimes I feel like the oldest 30 year old in the world and my wife is 28. I'm sure she feels the same

I'm 47 and father of two great kids and two great step kids. I'm a Reserve Power Sales Engineer for a company out of Berlin, Germany. I also own a convenience store and archery shop. I love The Lord and love spending time with my family and friends. I'm passionate bow hunting and love to fish and spend time with others that are passionate about archery like I am. I also, love riding my Harley and shooting 3D. I've met a lot of great friends through this site and enjoy debating on this forum. Even when we don't agree everyone still has a great time and tries to respect each other.
    Airborne Archery LLC, Authorized Obsession Dealer, Authorized Athens Archery DealerAuthorized Diamond, Styker & Octane Dealer
    2014 Obsession Phoenix, Spot Hogg Hogg-It, QAD HDX, Tight Spot Quiver
    2014 Obsession Evolution, Athens Testament, Spott Hogg Hogg It, QAD HDX, Tight Spot Quiver

50 and married. Have two dogs, home, and cabin.

Work for a electric utility past 14 years. Have done both the generation side and the transmission side. Now a transmission operator in the control center.

Prior to that I worked and ran the Test division at a large 3 phase AC motor and generator manufacturer for 11 years. There I ran R&D testing and electrical and mechanical characteristic tests of just about every kind to all kinds of industry standards. (distructive tests were my fav.)
    Mike, proud member of the NCWID!
    USA
    PROUD MEMBER OF OHM RESISTANCE
    AR34 RAM.5 / PSE Bow Madness 32 Extreme sights, WB rests

forgot about hobbies cgs, thanks.

I am pretty big into shooting and hunting...all kinds. 3D archery, trap, skeet, 5-stand, sporting clays, some long range rifle and benchrest, just starting to get into BPCR. I also enjoy concocting new recipes to try out on the crowd at the sportsman's club...they'll eat anything but usually it is pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonie_Hunter View Post
    forgot about hobbies cgs, thanks.

I am pretty big into shooting and hunting...all kinds. 3D archery, trap, skeet, 5-stand, sporting clays, some long range rifle and benchrest, just starting to get into BPCR. I also enjoy concocting new recipes to try out on the crowd at the sportsman's club...they'll eat anything but usually it is pretty damn good.
    Yes hobbies.. bow hunting of course, target shooting in my back yard and I love landscaping and also have a passion for building, finish carpentry and stone masonry

Fishing. Shooting sports for fun. Going to the cabin and working there.
    USA

Howdy!
    48 years old and greying faster than Obama!
    Director, State Trade Organization Leader, Advocate and Friend of People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
    Hunt, Fish, and Nuture my Family.
    Oh, and by the way I am a Minister and am able to legally marry in the awesome state of Minnesota!
    God Bless!

And look at this recent visitor!
    image.jpg
    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
    — Isaac Asimov
    Drenalin/Gold Tip/Apex Gear/Trophy Taker/Slick Tricks/FOBS

I am allegedly a homophobe.........not young......very grey, well in all honesty its white............lower income.......no government subsidies.......avid about self defense......concise.....and honest.

Divorced and one son who will turn 17 soon and knows it all......

I'm a staunch Conservative who cant stand Dems and I despise liberals..... Former USMC Sniper who believes in God and Country and my Constitution....... who is also an avid deer hunter with over 100 kills(deer that is) to my credit...... that good enough......
    Liberalism is a mental disorder

Quote Originally Posted by I like Meat View Post
    I'm a staunch Conservative who cant stand Dems and I despise liberals..... Former USMC Sniper who believes in God and Country and my Constitution....... who is also an avid deer hunter with over 100 kills(deer that is) to my credit...... that good enough......
    Thank you for your service and defending or freedoms

You can find out anything you want from me @$3.99 per minute., sheep sounds extra
    Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

Later 30's. Wife and I are severely outnumbered with regards to kids (she just can't find a way to leave me alone) ranging from about 13 down to 2. West Virginian by birth, Ohioan by residence. Degreed engineer for what it's worth--I work oil and gas and have been at it for about 13 years as a workover/completions/drilling engineer. And I love the smell of diesel in the morning.
    A bit of a motor/gear head on the side when I have time. I also like to shoot bows, guns, black powder and am a self proclaimed connoisseur of pistols.
    I will kill an elk or a buffalo this year with my bow.
    I'm only $0.99 per minute. Bleating is pro bono. I need to put Juan out of business.

Oh, and I am tasked to help run this joint.
    Happy the man and happy he alone; he who can call today his own; he who secure within can say, "tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today."--John Dryden
    "I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by I like Meat View Post
    Lighten up Francis!
    But...Thank You!!!
    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
    — Isaac Asimov
    Drenalin/Gold Tip/Apex Gear/Trophy Taker/Slick Tricks/FOBS

I like the winter sports of ice fishing and snowmobiling. You got to have something for the long winters.

I like seeing others on here that have expertise in electric power and rotating machines.

I've been divorced twice until I found the keeper. My son by marriage is in his latter thirties. My one and only grandchild is 15 months old.

I'll be seeing them next weekend over in Eau Claire.
    USA

351. You must be a mechanical engineer.
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    You can find out anything you want from me @$3.99 per minute., sheep sounds extra
    What the heck!

Inflation sux.
    USA

I am 34, married and have 2 children. Daughter is 17 (senior in high school) and son is 11 (5th grade).

I retired from the Army last Wednesday at the 15 year mark as a Sergeant First Class. Weird situation but I got a full 20 year retirement at 15 years due to being injured, not a medical discharge.

I just bought a house in the Atlanta area. Just started working in the fire and water damage industry. Doing the testing and the reports of the structure for insurance companies. Also learning about the programs that calculate damage and repair estimates. A bunch of driving around, computer work and consoling families who just lost everything. So far I like it...very good company and a great team. They have been very receptive and welcoming!
    I shoot arrows with a bow

Team #7

I admire you scout. You have gone far in such a short time in life.

Wish you the best for you and the family.
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by MNmike View Post
    351. You must be a mechanical engineer.
    Nope, there is an oil and gas specific engineering degree. But, a mechanical or chemical engineer can be hired to do my job.
    Happy the man and happy he alone; he who can call today his own; he who secure within can say, "tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today."--John Dryden
    "I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by TheScOuT View Post
    I am 34, married and have 2 children. Daughter is 17 (senior in high school) and son is 11 (5th grade).

I retired from the Army last Wednesday at the 15 year mark as a Sergeant First Class. Weird situation but I got a full 20 year retirement at 15 years due to being injured, not a medical discharge.

I just bought a house in the Atlanta area. Just started working in the fire and water damage industry. Doing the testing and the reports of the structure for insurance companies. Also learning about the programs that calculate damage and repair estimates. A bunch of driving around, computer work and consoling families who just lost everything. So far I like it...very good company and a great team. They have been very receptive and welcoming!
    Thank you for your service!

Quote Originally Posted by 351FPS View Post
    Nope, there is an oil and gas specific engineering degree. But, a mechanical or chemical engineer can be hired to do my job.
    That sounds good.

What institution did you go to?

I'm loving the smell of diesel. Butter than gasoline on my hands.
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by PAdorn View Post
    When I worked for a manufacturer it was Electric Machinery. They been around forever
    USA

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast