Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get to know each other...

There are a few schools that offer the Petroleum engineering degree in the country--Penn State, Marietta College, Montana Tech, Texas Tech, West Virginia University, Colorado School of Mines and the University of Texas. I may be missing a couple, but those are the major ones.

Happy the man and happy he alone; he who can call today his own; he who secure within can say, "tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today."--John Dryden
    "I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by MNmike View Post
    When I worked for a manufacturer it was Electric Machinery. They been around forever
    all of my work is with DC motors and just the occasional generator or ac motor.

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    You can find out anything you want from me @$3.99 per minute., sheep sounds extra
    assetdd.gif
    I came into the world covered in my Mothers blood and I'll leave REDEEMED by the blood of Jesus. All to Him I owe
    ON TARGET FOR CHRIST, mathews c4 and mr8 , Chill X Swhacker 125's
    Sealed in the Beloved and still under construction.
    2012/13 champs "Flatliners"2013-14 champs Magnificent 7 Dream Team 17

Quote Originally Posted by Barrage View Post
    Lighten up Francis!
    But...Thank You!!!
    your cranky, must be past your bed time. Off ya go little one.Scoot along.
    if a woman starts hitting me and won't stop , she's gonna get a lips tapped.

My first name is Jaben. It's from the Bible. Jabin was a king of hazor. My middle name is Blue Star. (My mom was nothing short of a hippy.) I have 2 siblings that have a different father then u do. Their father was African American. I am Caucasian. I grew up in foster homes and boys homes from age 8 to age 18. On my 18th birthday I was on my own. I took and passed my GED at 16 years old, the same year my father died. Once released from DHS custody I rented a small apartment and worked at Taco Bell to get by. I spent a couple years playing the streets to make ends meet. I got into some bad stuff and ended up reuniting with my older brother and sister. I moved in with them to get away from everything and ended up meeting a pretty young blonde and got married, had a son and divorced all in a year and a half. I took a year of college but once a single man again the trouble came in droves. I put myself in some very unfortunate situations and ended up a criminal due to a short temper and vast stupidity. Beaten smart by eventually learning from my mistakes I made peace with myself and let go of anger. I met a pretty young brunette. 10 years later and my life is in line finally. I'm not perfect in any way but I'm a far cry from the idiot I once was. I'm 33, I have 4 boys. Darius 13, Braden 8, Easton 2 and Cooper 7 months. Great kids. Life is no banana pancake, but I wouldn't trade mine for all the gold in fort knox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Strother
    I'm adding you to my slander, defamation of character lawsuit, I'm really tired of all the BS you and L-Train spread so you both will be added to the proceedings and named as a defendant.

Have a great one.

Is it a mix of mechanical and chemical studies?

Sounds like a good gig.

Back in the day not all that long ago. If someone want to get into the field i'm in there was not specific education offered at institutions. There are still very few. But if still takes one to two years of OJT of training to be let loose after you get the federal cert.

Wish I would of went that direction earlier in life.

But oh well. I got stories anyhow.

This for 351.
    Mike, proud member of the NCWID!
    USA
    PROUD MEMBER OF OHM RESISTANCE
    AR34 RAM.5 / PSE Bow Madness 32 Extreme sights, WB rests

I like the winter sports of ice fishing and snowmobiling. You got to have something for the long winters.

I like seeing others on here that have expertise in electric power and rotating machines.

I've been divorced twice until I found the keeper. My son by marriage is in his latter thirties. My one and only grandchild is 15 months old.

I'll be seeing them next weekend over in Eau Claire.
    You don't say...I'll be in Eau Claire for my brother's wedding next weekend
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by PAdorn View Post
    all of my work is with DC motors and just the occasional generator or ac motor.
    How large?

Knowledge and skill to rewind large DC machines is hard to find.

We used to operate alot of old GE traction motors for prime movers on our test floor. 2500-3000HP.
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by DeepFried View Post
    My first name is Jaben. It's from the Bible. Jabin was a king of hazor. My middle name is Blue Star. (My mom was nothing short of a hippy.) I have 2 siblings that have a different father then u do. Their father was African American. I am Caucasian. I grew up in foster homes and boys homes from age 8 to age 18. On my 18th birthday I was on my own. I took and passed my GED at 16 years old, the same year my father died. Once released from DHS custody I rented a small apartment and worked at Taco Bell to get by. I spent a couple years playing the streets to make ends meet. I got into some bad stuff and ended up reuniting with my older brother and sister. I moved in with them to get away from everything and ended up meeting a pretty young blonde and got married, had a son and divorced all in a year and a half. I took a year of college but once a single man again the trouble came in droves. I put myself in some very unfortunate situations and ended up a criminal due to a short temper and vast stupidity. Beaten smart by eventually learning from my mistakes I made peace with myself and let go of anger. I met a pretty young brunette. 10 years later and my life is in line finally. I'm not perfect in any way but I'm a far cry from the idiot I once was. I'm 33, I have 4 boys. Darius 13, Braden 8, Easton 2 and Cooper 7 months. Great kids. Life is no banana pancake, but I wouldn't trade mine for all the gold in fort knox.
    well since bozo been in office there is no Gold in Fort Knox! blahahaha happy as I can be for ya buddy.
    if a woman starts hitting me and won't stop , she's gonna get a lips tapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonie_Hunter View Post
    You don't say...I'll be in Eau Claire for my brother's wedding next weekend
    They getting married at a park?
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by DeepFried View Post
    Congrats on turning your life around and putting yourself on a good path.
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

They getting married at a park?
    Nope, it's a church wedding. Are you going to one? Phoenix Park has quite a few weddings.

I'm 41 years old. Born and raised in Fl. I was born into the natural stone industry. Kind of an old family tradition you could say. At 20 years old I joined a pipefitters union, and did a five year apprenticeship/and five long years of school for refrigeraton half. Top out and was a journeyman for ten years. Went through a divorce then bounced around from trade to trade. Moved to mena Ar. alittle over two years ago. And I'm loving it here. I just started a new job here at Nidec/US Motors. Got afew months of training ahead of me. I don't have any children. And enjoy most of the things everyone else here does. I got a little jackrussel, and shes been my sidekick for the last thirteen years. Oh!! Does Juan also tell fortunes?
    Using Tapatalk

How large?

Knowledge and skill to rewind large DC machines is hard to find.

We used to operate alot of old GE traction motors for prime movers on our test floor. 2500-3000HP.
    Wow. That's awesome man. I mostly deal with GE and Westinghouse 802-822 602-622 400-420. Occasionally an Elliott motor .

I've got 4 wonderful kids, ages 14, 15, 18 and 19. I've never been married but have lived with their father for 20 years. For most of my adult life I spent a lot of my adult life as a stay home mom, occasionally working receptionist type jobs. Eventually, I went to tech school for drafting and now I'm a drafter/ project coordinator for a structural concrete company- and I absolutely love my job. I've also got 2 dogs- a 13 (?) yr old lab/pit mix, a 3 1/2 yr old german shorthair pointer and a 10 yr old sun conure (small parrot).

Quote Originally Posted by PAdorn View Post
    Haha. Sure do and thanks! It's getting to be pretty routine now. Sometimes I feel like the oldest 30 year old in the world and my wife is 28. I'm sure she feels the same
    It may feel that way now-- I had all 4 of mine by age 28. But when they get older and start moving out... you will still have the energy to enjoy those years. I have friends who are still having babies at 40. All my kids will have graduated high school before I turn 45. I wouldn't change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Chick View Post
    I've got 4 wonderful kids, ages 14, 15, 18 and 19. I've never been married but have lived with their father for 20 years. For most of my adult life I spent a lot of my adult life as a stay home mom, occasionally working receptionist type jobs. Eventually, I went to tech school for drafting and now I'm a drafter/ project coordinator for a structural concrete company- and I absolutely love my job. I've also got 2 dogs- a 13 (?) yr old lab/pit mix, a 3 1/2 yr old german shorthair pointer and a 10 yr old sun conure (small parrot).

It may feel that way now-- I had all 4 of mine by age 28. But when they get older and start moving out... you will still have the energy to enjoy those years. I have friends who are still having babies at 40. All my kids will have graduated high school before I turn 45. I wouldn't change a thing.
    Another good reason to promote sex at a young age no doubt... I had all mine by 28 too... we made certain of that for both of us...

As to who am I... I teach, I fly, I shoot, I hunt, I write, I sell, I love making things and fussing with guns, bows, carpentry, and .... I'm invested heavily in hunting issues, politics, and preserving our hunting in Hawaii.... I'm a messenger of sorts... and to that end... I met with a screen writer this morning who might be able to help us with a video messaging approach to getting our side of the story out... so what I do puts me in contact with many other interesting people and that is what keeps me young and beautiful...

I'm a cow whisperer.
    "Brew your own beer, blow up your TV, kill your own beef, build your own cabin and piss off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it." -Edward Abbey

I'm mostly a lurker, with a couple posts.

Spent as much time in the burbs as I did the sticks while growing up. Opted for the sticks, about as far West as one can go and still be considered on the Cumberland Plateau. Overlooking the Bluegrass Region Of KY. I've worn a lot of different type shoes......and no shoes as well. Been wearing carpenter's shoes for some time now. Three years with the Army late 70's. Coming 34 years married. Possibly the only woman on Earth that could have put up with me that long. One young'un older than some, younger than others who have responded here.

I've got a yard full of Mtn Curs I squirrel hunt with mostly, enough one string bows to supply a Mormon family and I shotgun hunt turkey.

I've heard/read the term liberal/conservative to the point I'm numb to both. I'm an anarchist at heart who understands it actually means self governance. Chaos is Government imposing the will of one group over another. I think the evolution of politics and religion displays evidence for survival of the fit. If they don't fit, don't wear 'em.

Having said that, I see a bit of blood flow in here now and then so I suspect Boonie_ Hunter, in a round about way, is looking for info on new blood type. I'm B+ if anyone can use a pint now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by I like Meat View Post
    I'm a staunch Conservative who cant stand Dems and I despise liberals..... Former USMC Sniper who believes in God and Country and my Constitution....... who is also an avid deer hunter with over 100 kills(deer that is) to my credit...... that good enough......
    My......my.............I want to hang with you big boy ?

Quote Originally Posted by cursnsticks View Post
    I'm mostly a lurker, with a couple posts.

Spent as much time in the burbs as I did the sticks while growing up. Opted for the sticks, about as far West as one can go and still be considered on the Cumberland Plateau. Overlooking the Bluegrass Region Of KY. I've worn a lot of different type shoes......and no shoes as well. Been wearing carpenter's shoes for some time now. Three years with the Army late 70's. Coming 34 years married. Possibly the only woman on Earth that could have put up with me that long. One young'un older than some, younger than others who have responded here.

I've got a yard full of Mtn Curs I squirrel hunt with mostly, enough one string bows to supply a Mormon family and I shotgun hunt turkey.

I've heard/read the term liberal/conservative to the point I'm numb to both. I'm an anarchist at heart who understands it actually means self governance. Chaos is Government imposing the will of one group over another. I think the evolution of politics and religion displays evidence for survival of the fit. If they don't fit, don't wear 'em.

Having said that, I see a bit of blood flow in here now and then so I suspect Boonie_ Hunter, in a round about way, is looking for info on new blood type. I'm B+ if anyone can use a pint now and then.
    Welcome to our little corner of the world.

Sounds like you have some interesting views- would love to see you post more often.

I'm later 20's, married for about 7 years, and a young son. There will be a few more soon enough, I'm sure. I went to school for business, worked in sales for a few years, then decided to go back to get into a health profession. I did a masters in science to gain admission to dental school, stuck there for a bit yet before I can go wrench on some people for money instead of for free. My wife and I are a part of the 'small home movement', we have now downsized our first 3 home purchases...we currently reside in a 120 year old 500 sq foot home that uses every square inch of space well (interior design is her thing). I am pretty sure our next place will be an adapted railroad boxcar with a nice view. For fun I wrench on my jeep, chase elk around, and maintain a couple large fish tanks...oh and argue with people on the internet

Let's Not and say we Didn't; you people already know more about me than I am comfortable with.....
    Parfois, on fait pas semblant!
    (Sometimes, it is not pretend!)

Quote Originally Posted by BluMeanie View Post
    Let's Not and say we Didn't; you people already know more about me than I am comfortable with.....

"What do you MEAN, 'YOU PEOPLE'?"
    Parfois, on fait pas semblant!
    (Sometimes, it is not pretend!)

Quote Originally Posted by BluMeanie View Post
    As long as we're sharing maybe this will help: I stick my entire arm up to the shoulder in a cows uterus ...a lot.
    "Brew your own beer, blow up your TV, kill your own beef, build your own cabin and piss off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it." -Edward Abbey

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast