Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Let's get to know each other...

Quote Originally Posted by PAdorn View Post
    Yeah that part will be nice! Haha. It might be hectic here but they are alot of fun
    Yup, it is. I loved it- and was lucky to be able to stay home for so much of it. I got to do all the school field trips and volunteer at the school, I had a houseful of kids all the time, and to this day I get called mom by at least a dozen of them.

One of my favorite days ever was when my older two were in jr high, and it was field trip day. The main office was glass walled and sat in the middle of the school. I was sitting in there with a bunch of the other parents, waiting to go to the classrooms, as the kids roamed the halls. Several of the kids smiled and waved at me, a couple stepped up to the glass and made faces, one or two poked their head in the door and asked if I was going with their class. I told them no- my daughter didn't want me going that year, so I was going with my son's class. They looked offended and said they would have invited me.

It's amazing the impact you can make with kids when you are just there... and listen to them. Cherish those years and enjoy that chaos. It goes quickly. As much as I did love it.. I am now really enjoying the high school and college years. There are new challenges and adventures all the time.

Wow, lots of new people have posted in this thread. Great to see new faces.

Quote Originally Posted by mattawamkeag View Post
    As long as we're sharing maybe this will help: I stick my entire arm up to the shoulder in a cows uterus ...a lot.
    "Only because it's hard to breath if I try to fit it to my waist....."
    Parfois, on fait pas semblant!
    (Sometimes, it is not pretend!)

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Chick View Post
    Yup, it is. I loved it- and was lucky to be able to stay home for so much of it. I got to do all the school field trips and volunteer at the school, I had a houseful of kids all the time, and to this day I get called mom by at least a dozen of them.
    Sounds great. This will probably be my wife. Haha. She also stays home with the our kids. We both thought it would be nice if we could raise our kids and not a daycare for 9-10 hours a day.

The AT "User Profile" at one time included many more opportunities to draw a picture of yourself, if you chose to do so. Education background, family info, work and job stuff, hobbies, age etc. etc.. I used to click on those occasionally when I wanted to get some idea of where a poster might be coming from on any particular comment. Maybe a Mod can tell us why that profile has been greatly abbreviated?
    ....................Sent via Overland Pony Express.............

"We've upped our standards. Up yours"

Quote Originally Posted by BluMeanie View Post
    "Only because it's hard to breath if I try to fit it to my waist....."
    That, and the flashlight always gets stuck.
    "Brew your own beer, blow up your TV, kill your own beef, build your own cabin and piss off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it." -Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by mattawamkeag View Post
    That, and the flashlight always gets stuck.
    I guess a headlamp is out of the question.
    Using Tapatalk

35, married for 12 years, but currently separated. Four-year-old son. Graduated law school in 2004 and have been practicing law for 8 years. I was born in Schenectady, NY, but spent my early childhood bouncing across the west -- Oklahoma, Colorado, and Arizona, primarily. Back then, my father competed in whitewater kayaking, so we lived like nomads. Otherwise, I've lived in the Albany/Schenectady area most of my life, except when I lived in MA and CT while in law school. Majored in history with a concentration in political science and minored in political philosophy. I've been an atheist since I was about 20 years old, but I was raised Roman Catholic (despite the protestations of my born again mother). I come from a rather blue collar family -- my father has done skilled labor all of his life; he worked commercial HVAC when I was in high school, but has been doing carpentry for the last 10 or so years. My mother was a nurse, but ended up on disability for a few years when her health started to quickly deteriorate and then she passed away in 2007. Both of my grandfathers were mechanics and both of their wives homemakers, each with 5 children. My father's mother was the one who instilled a love of knowledge in me. She would sit with a dictionary and teach me big words and I was always given toys as a kid that encouraged building or discovery, which explains why I'm a bookish type that gets absorbed by my interests. For example, this past year I started to get interested in astronomy, so I went out and bought a rather large reflector telescope for stargazing. Eventually I'd like to get a rig for astrophotography. Speaking of photography, I also like to do portraiture and landscapes. My other interests include drinking scotch and craft beers (although much less lately since I'm trying to drop a few pounds), smoking cigars and pipes, reading, watching religious and political debate videos on YouTube, motorcycling, bicycling, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
    "Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!" -- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by bill.harbourt View Post
    Hi there , 46 millwright NW Ohio avid hunter fisherman, make my own wine smoking a 13 pound brisket as I type. House full of women hell even my 2 boxers are girls. Wife and daughters will be going out with x bows this year
    anyway im ripe and old at 33, lucky to still be on my first wife, i have an amazing little 1.5 year old son 2 stupid dogs i hate but cant live without. if im not walking the iron, i am throwing arrows out back or tinkering with the harley i never get to ride anymore (sadly its against the law to put a car seat on a motorcycle).
    2013 Bear Empire (that rocking neon green)
    Apache Dropaway + Hindsight
    VX Sand Stab by www.Hi-teksports.com
    2012 Encounter (Retired)
    " really though when i get angry, I just go out and paper tune through people"

Quote Originally Posted by PAdorn View Post
    Sounds great. This will probably be my wife. Haha. She also stays home with the our kids. We both thought it would be nice if we could raise our kids and not a daycare for 9-10 hours a day.
    With the price of daycare these days, you will probably be better off this way too. Unbelievable how much it costs.
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Boonie_Hunter View Post
    With the price of daycare these days, you will probably be better off this way too. Unbelievable how much it costs.
    Oh I know! When my wife was working before we had our third, we paid almost 800 a month for two kids. With four it would be close 1600/month. Definitely not worth it.Even when they're in school they charge you the same to just get on/ off bus because your still taking x amount of spots available. I don't blame them because it is a business but doesn't justify her working. Although staying at home is a fulltime job and I appreciate everything she does

I have a friend of mine that does daycare work - it is also unbelievable how many people "Go Deadbeat" immediately-before switching-up nannies. She has gotten to where she knows almost to the day when a parent is going to "drop" her for another nanny. Because, it costs absolutely NOTHING to keep your kids for the last two-and-a-half weeks.....

Hi. My name is SBG. I'm a pisces and I enjoy taking long walks on the beach while listening to Barry Manilow.
    Kravguy said I could have my mancard back.

Quote Originally Posted by BluMeanie View Post
    I have a friend of mine that does daycare work - it is also unbelievable how many people "Go Deadbeat" immediately-before switching-up nannies. She has gotten to where she knows almost to the day when a parent is going to "drop" her for another nanny. Because, it costs absolutely NOTHING to keep your kids for the last two-and-a-half weeks.....
    Yeah that's not right. When my wife resigned from her job to stay home, we paid the last two weeks of the month even though our kids weren't there because a two weeks notice would been the right thing to do

I use to own an archery shop got out of that biz to go back to my family biz which is selling Industrial supplies.... I sell things to the local factories, mostly filtration,CNC machine parts,grinding disc but we've sold them anything from pallets of flour, to pallets of baby wipes. We are known as the if they can't get it or find it you don't need it people. I have to wear meny hats, from purchasing, accounting, trouble shooting, to unloading trucks with forklift. I am currently trying to get the Hubby to go in with me on a forklift games TV show concept.... I think it would be great show. Nothing like squealing the tires on a forklift....bahahhha.

Something you guy don't know about me I can not back up a trailer to save my life.

Married for 27 years. No kids, but two spoiled dogs.
    Fair and Balanced with a splash of Sarcasm, and pinch of Reason

It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Let me please introduce myself ( sympathy for the devil ) Best introduction EVER

Boomer Sooner

Hi, I'm Chris.

I might as well admit it, I'm addicted to love.
    Vicit agnus noster eum sequamur

I will be 23 in October. Single, live and work in Mason City, IA. Just graduated from college a few months ago with an IT degree. I'm 3 months on the job as a network engineer.

Grew up hunting with my dad and grandpa. Lucky enough to still get to spend a lot of time in the woods with my dad. Kinda goes without saying I love to bowhunt. Also big into upland and waterfowl. Spend my winters and summers on the water fishing. Also play amateur baseball for a team in MN (technically semi-professional, that sounds cooler anyway) during the summer. Always played a lot of sports and really love that I get to still play baseball competitively.

Other hobbies include lifting, golfing, or anything that gets me outside. Complete dog lover, can't wait till I can get out of an apartment and into a house with a yard and get a hunting dog.
    Obsession Evolution 70# Stormy Hardwoods
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510
    Gold Tip XT Hunters, 452 Grains, Rage Hypodermic

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKSTER View Post
    show.

Something you guy don't know about me I can not back up a trailer to save my life.
    Finally out of the closet, heh Bucky? That is not just a girl thing, btw, I have guy friends - old guys - who cannot seem to grasp the concept. Just hook up any trailer and go to a parking lot and practice!

Now what is difficult, is backing even a single hay wagon. 'Cause the tongue pivots at both ends. And farm boys that grow up with it can back two or three in tandem. Ask Matt/Mike.

A related story - we stayed for a few weeks in a Florida rental right next to a busy public boat ramp. I would have paid double my rental because of all the entertainment from that lake ramp. Lounge chair and a cold beer and watch the fireworks!

OK, ok.

SOME people call me "Space Cowboy". Some call me "Gangster of Love". Some people (My family, and friends, mainly) call me "Maurice" - but listen up now; because I speak of the Pompitous of Love.....

This thread reminds me of this essay answer to a college entrance exam that was floating around the internet. The author isn't known.

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice.
    I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks,
    making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate
    ethnic slurs for Kenyan refugees, I write award-winning operas, and
    manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days
    in a row. I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone
    playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed,
    and I cook thirty Minute Brownies in twenty minutes.

I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.
    Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly
    defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of
    ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I had trials with Manchester
    United, I am the subject of numerous documentaries.

When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my garden.
    I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair
    electrical appliances free of charge. I am an abstract artist, a
    concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon
    over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire.
    I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have appeared on
    Through the Keyhole and won the gold plaque. Last summer I
    toured Eastern Europe with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration.

I run the 100m in 9.65 secs. My deft floral arrangements have earned
    me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me. I can hurl
    tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I
    once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one
    day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening.

I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have
    performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week;
    when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada,
    I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized
    a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid.
    On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami.
    Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down.
    I have made extraordinary four course meals using only some
    vegetables and a Breville Toaster.

I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in Madrid,
    cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and chess competitions at
    the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart
    surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

But I have not yet gone to this University.
    ============================== =============

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    This thread reminds me of this essay answer to a college entrance exam that was floating around the internet. The author isn't known.

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice.
    I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks,
    making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate
    ethnic slurs for Kenyan refugees, I write award-winning operas, and
    manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days
    in a row. I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone
    playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed,
    and I cook thirty Minute Brownies in twenty minutes.

I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.
    Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly
    defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of
    ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I had trials with Manchester
    United, I am the subject of numerous documentaries.

When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my garden.
    I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair
    electrical appliances free of charge. I am an abstract artist, a
    concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon
    over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire.
    I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have appeared on
    Through the Keyhole and won the gold plaque. Last summer I
    toured Eastern Europe with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration.

I run the 100m in 9.65 secs. My deft floral arrangements have earned
    me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me. I can hurl
    tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I
    once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one
    day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening.

I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have
    performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week;
    when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada,
    I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized
    a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid.
    On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami.
    Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down.
    I have made extraordinary four course meals using only some
    vegetables and a Breville Toaster.

I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in Madrid,
    cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and chess competitions at
    the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart
    surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

But I have not yet gone to this University.
    ============================== =============
    You dont drink but when you do its a dos equis
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 410gage View Post
    Finally out of the closet, heh Bucky? That is not just a girl thing, btw, I have guy friends - old guys - who cannot seem to grasp the concept. Just hook up any trailer and go to a parking lot and practice!

Now what is difficult, is backing even a single hay wagon. 'Cause the tongue pivots at both ends. And farm boys that grow up with it can back two or three in tandem. Ask Matt/Mike.

A related story - we stayed for a few weeks in a Florida rental right next to a busy public boat ramp. I would have paid double my rental because of all the entertainment from that lake ramp. Lounge chair and a cold beer and watch the fireworks!
    LOL...... the husband having a bit of "farm" jobs in his teens and twenties is A+ back'er upper.... water wagon, watermelon pitching truck. When he worked at the local factory he had to back a semi up to the dock several times. he said that is really fun.
    Fair and Balanced with a splash of Sarcasm, and pinch of Reason

It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKSTER View Post
    LOL...... the husband having a bit of "farm" jobs in his teens and twenties is A+ back'er upper.... water wagon, watermelon pitching truck. When he worked at the local factory he had to back a semi up to the dock several times. he said that is really fun.
    I can back up a semi trailer far easier than the little cart behind the 4-wheeler. I don't even try anymore, it's just too short.
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

. I don't even try anymore, it's just too short.
    Sad!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast