Spyderco anyone?

Anyone else carry a spyderco while in society?image.jpg

Ever saw a queen honeybee? http://youtu.be/M9cZE9jLwO4
    GOD GAVE MAN THE BREATH OF LIFE
    TO GROW UP STRONG
    TO TAKE A WIFE
    AND LOVE IS THE RITUAL!!!

The knife I carry most of the time is a Kershaw Scallion
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

I carry a Beretta.
    if a woman starts hitting me and won't stop , she's gonna get her lips tapped.

Quote Originally Posted by sticshooter View Post
    I carry a Beretta.
    you talkin' gun or knife?
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

Hahahaha i dont want any brand bashing here but i will say this spyderco manix 2 is stronger than any other folder ive ever saw. Even buck110
    TO GROW UP STRONG
    TO TAKE A WIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Bee Man View Post
    Anyone else carry a spyderco while in society?image.jpg
    Actually my son does... one of his favorites....

I carry a CRKT M-16 because of how small it is, but I do have a spyderco that is definitely a better knife.

I've had this in my pocket for over 17 years, including into a checkpoint in a Federal Courthouse that nearly resulted in my Arrest. "TOLD you I would be gettin' that back".....

It is quite a bit worse for wear, including the thumb-"stud" being broken off and replaced with a #6 SS machine screw and nylock-nut, the "clips" both broken, and it's been sharpened enough there is little of the "tactical sawtooth" left on the edge. Oh, wait - I lost it in a Condenser Tower for a year; cleaned the tower sump of calcium-debris, and found it 6 months after the cleaning in a pothole we had dumped the scale into. Just walking-along, and "boom!" - there it was.

The Wife gave it to me for my birthday in our 3rd year of marriage.

Blade is good steel - handle, reasonably OK for durability and grip (I set it down on a coil and knocked it down into the tower to lose it), except for the "clip" parts. It was handy to attach to a belt-loop, and complete 1-handed operation from retrieval to opening, working, and closing the blade.
    Parfois, on fait pas semblant!
    (Sometimes, it is not pretend!)

Hahahaha i dont want any brand bashing here but i will say this spyderco manix 2 is stronger than any other folder ive ever saw. Even buck110
    Were you going to bash a Kershaw?

It's been a good knife for everyday use. I'm not a big knife guy and it was free so how could I pass it up?

I am currently carrying a small Kershaw ken onion when I am off work since my spyderco clip has broken screws or it would still be the spyderco. However when on duty I have a black Kershaw ken onion that I have carried for around 12 years now
    Jeff
    Martin saber recurve instinctive, stick bow with sinew string, Bowtech Carbon Overdrive (I know, but when I was trying everything in the shop I just kept going back to it! I couldn't help myself!)

spyderco delica....sharpest knife ive owned in a long time.
    PSE GX6. HHA OL-5510,WB Sure Shot Pro rest,Easton FMJ 400,Grim Reaper broadheads,scott mongoose NCS release - Huntin' Rig
    PSE Bow Madness XL, HHA OL-5510,pse qad rest, CT cheetah 3D 400 arrows, scott mongoose NCS release - 3D Rig
    -JBK Bowstrings-

Quote Originally Posted by Boonie_Hunter View Post

It's been a good knife for everyday use. I'm not a big knife guy and it was free so how could I pass it up?
    Nope. You were the first to post a competing brand so i wanted to make it clear i only want positive things posted about knives you carry. Usually people think negative off a knife because they dont own it or they dont carry it enough.
    TO GROW UP STRONG
    TO TAKE A WIFE

Quote Originally Posted by ADCTD2SHOOTING View Post
    I am currently carrying a small Kershaw ken onion when I am off work since my spyderco clip has broken screws or it would still be the spyderco. However when on duty I have a black Kershaw ken onion that I have carried for around 12 years now
    You can buy the clip screw sets on amazon
    TO GROW UP STRONG
    TO TAKE A WIFE

Nope. You were the first to post a competing brand so i wanted to make it clear i only want positive things posted about knives you carry. Usually people think negative off a knife because they dont own it or they dont carry it enough.
    Gotcha.

I'm not familiar with Spyderco. Does it have the spring assist for opening with your finger tip? I love that feature on my Kershaw Ken Onion Scallion.

I had one for years great knife. A friend of mine just bought one .I notice it was made in China. I don't think the one I had was.

Quote Originally Posted by ccriley6 View Post
    spyderco delica....sharpest knife ive owned in a long time.
    Couldn't agree more. I just shot mine with an arrow French tuning tho.
    Picked up another one and it'll be here tomorrow.
    Vg10 is amazing but don't break the handle, can't replace it per spyderco
    No spring assist but mine has the wave on the blade. Faster than assisted

you talkin' gun or knife?
    we are talking about knives lol. But IO have a pistola also.

kers are great knives.

I carry either a kershaw leek or a SOG trident tanto. I have been eyeing a Benchmade Barrage with a D2 steel blade.
    Happy the man and happy he alone; he who can call today his own; he who secure within can say, "tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today."--John Dryden
    "I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmann View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I just shot mine with an arrow French tuning tho.
    Picked up another one and it'll be here tomorrow.
    Vg10 is amazing but don't break the handle, can't replace it per spyderco
    No spring assist but mine has the wave on the blade. Faster than assisted
    Spydercos are the one knife where there are literally dozens of aftermarket scales available. Everything from aluminum to titantium to synthetics. The moonglow scales are amazing.
    TO GROW UP STRONG
    TO TAKE A WIFE

Gotcha.

I'm not familiar with Spyderco. Does it have the spring assist for opening with your finger tip? I love that feature on my Kershaw Ken Onion Scallion.
    I have experience with kershaws assisted open. Spydercos do not have assisted open. Some have the wave. I perferthe thumb hole, its an easy flick during the draw and its open. The manix has a piece that is pulled back to unlock it. Pulling this back will allow the blade to freely swing open. Pm for drawings to easily make the mainx 2 fully automatic.
    TO GROW UP STRONG
    TO TAKE A WIFE

The manix 2 is the easiest knife on the market to make assisted open, dual action automatic, or full auto. I love the design. The thumb hole is alot easier and quicker than a thumb stud. The thin i have against assisted open is many of them will open if dropped or jarred. And they generally are not as smooth.
    TO GROW UP STRONG
    TO TAKE A WIFE

I have a Renegade and a Civilian, great knives

I'm rockin a Delica 4. LOVE it.
    Kravguy said I could have my mancard back.

The knife I carry most of the time is a Kershaw Scallion
    Ditto. I have black and yellow scallions that share the responsibility.
    Vicit agnus noster eum sequamur

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast