Archery Talk Forum banner

Walk back tuning question

891 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Chris1ny 
#1 ·
Ok this might be a dumb question but here goes.

I'll be shooting a 70# energy 35 with qad ultra rest.
I plan to use this bow for everything hunting,spot,3d

Ok if I walk back tune my bow for my hunting arrows (gt velocity pros) would I have to repeat the process with my spot arrow (gt triple x) givin that both arrows are spined right for my bow?
Or could I just switch arrows and have at it.

Ps I may be buying two boys 70# for hunting and ibo and 60#for spot and Asa depending on how easy it will be to switch

#2 ·
My experience has been that once I had the bow tuned so broadheads were hitting with field points, and the only adjustment I had to make switching arrows was to the sight. Different vanes/weights on arrows can change the elevation and pin spacing significantly, but as far as the bow grouping well, no other adjustments were needed, especially with the center shot, which is the main thing that walk-back tuning is setting. This is a case where an auto-spacing sight like the React 5 pin can really make changing arrows quite easy.

That said, I am no expert nor pro. Curious to see what those-in-the-know say about cam timing, etc for the difference in use.

Go

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.