a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 71

Thread: British PM speech on terrorism.

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,687
    While I agree that these isis cats need dealt with, we ought to be weary of the whole "extremist-no passport for you" schtick.

    Happy the man and happy he alone; he who can call today his own; he who secure within can say, "tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today."--John Dryden
    "I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."--Thomas Jefferson


  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie777 View Post
    I know exactly how the UK dealt with Irish Terrorism. If a Bomb went off in say London, the Government usually picked up the first Paddy's they could get their hands on
    and fitted them up....See Birmingham six and Guildford four and the Maguire seven...All innocent.

    Later on when the SAS were becoming good at what they do, if they caught some in the process of bringing down some terror they made them pesky terrorists "No More".
    If they couldn't catch them in the act they colluded with another Terrorist organisation..ie, Loyalist Death squads, give them some intel and got them to do the job for them, unfortunately they targeted innocents with the UK Governments Blessing...See The Stevens Inquiry.

    Later on we gave them all out of jail free card..See Good Friday agreement. and now those Terrorist are all over the UK selling Guns ,Dodgy Drugs, dodgy Versace Denims and even dodgier Tobacco.
    To be quite honest with you, i preferred it when they arsed up their own patch.

    That is how us British dealt with Terror from across the Sea....
    So...when was the last time the IRA blew up a bus? You really think the IRA is as strong as they were? Overs decades that particular nastiness rolled on and yes, it was indeed a messy business. But in the end, NOW, did the IRA accomplish what they said they would? No. The UK has a history, a long one, of dealing with terrorist on the home court. We here in the US do not. My post was addressing the response of the PM to terrorism in the UK. He has a plan and the will to implement it. Compare it to MY POTUS. He states we have no plan or strategy.
    Praesto et Persto

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Posts
    9,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    Compare it to MY POTUS. He states we have no plan or strategy.
    Citation please.
    "Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!" -- Christopher Hitchens

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    Citation please.
    It was in the news and by news I mean the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, but they showed a clip of him saying it.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    16,016
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    It was in the news and by news I mean the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, but they showed a clip of him saying it.
    now the big three are running clips of the press sec "clarifying" what no strategy meant.
    Walk Your Talk

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Posts
    9,803
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    It was in the news and by news I mean the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, but they showed a clip of him saying it.
    Yes, no strategy right now for dealing with ISIS in Syria, but that's not what she said. She said that Obama stated that he has no strategy for dealing with domestic terrorism.

    But I get it -- take quotes of out context and then apply them to...whatever.
    "Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!" -- Christopher Hitchens

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    Citation please.
    Turn on a TV and turn to any news channel.
    Praesto et Persto

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by cobowhntr View Post
    now the big three are running clips of the press sec "clarifying" what no strategy meant.
    Yeah I guess no strategy has a different meaning other than no strategy???? Haha

  9. #34
    Neither Britain, the US nor any other allied country will deny economic/financial aid to "any" country supporting ISIS. Petro-dollars support ISIS and Saudi Arabia is the foundation of ISIS. ISIS is the face of Wahhabbism. Fundamentally born, raised and religiously educated in Saudi Arabia and exported from Saudi sands.

    Bin Laden, Wahhabbi jihadist. Al Qieda, 'the list' of Wahhabbi jihadist available for duty. The 9/11 hijackers, Wahhabbi jihadist. Wahhabbism is an extremely fundamentalist sect of Islam. It doesn't care if you are Sunni, Shiite, Christian
    , Jew, Atheist, Agnostic.....or anything else. Convert to their version of Islam or die. Period.

    Wipe out every single ISIS member in Iraq/Syria/Jordan and there are millions in Saudi Arabia for replacements.
    Every new generation is brainwashed with Wahhabbism thru school.

    Ah, but Saudi's have the oil......and Mecca, What ya gonna do? I suspect keep running cover for them and sending them petro-dollars to fund jihadist. Just keep it mind as you drive to the store/work/school/vacation.

  10. #35

    British PM speech on terrorism.

    Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    Yes, no strategy right now for dealing with ISIS in Syria, but that's not what she said. She said that Obama stated that he has no strategy for dealing with domestic terrorism.

    But I get it -- take quotes of out context and then apply them to...whatever.
    I didn't specify domestic terrorism. But I will now. My POTUS said he has NO strategy to combat ISIS. No PLAN to contain it. I, along with millions of others, saw a possibly British terrorist cut off an Americans head, then say he and others were going to do it to more Americans. We seen ISIS spokes persons say they are coming to America, and will bring Jihad to America, kill any American that does not convert, and fly the ISIS flag over this country's capital. The British PM states they believe this group is serious and plan terrorist attacks against civilians. They plan on doing something about it. MY POTUS said he dont have a strategy. That tells me and millions of other Americans that we are in serious trouble regarding this group of determined and highly motivated and soon to be DOMESTIC terrorists.
    Praesto et Persto

  11. #36
    Even the democrats are criticizing the lack of initiative to increase the anti terrorists policies. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409678843.376768.jpg. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...FyA4JQ6suljk3Q
    Praesto et Persto

  12. #37
    And now, just now, they are reporting another American just had his head cut off on camera by ISIS
    Praesto et Persto

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,893
    I like Prime Minister Cameron and respect his leadership....but anybody is better than Obama. Obama is the ultimate example of Affirmative Action. Obama was totally unqualified for POTUS but he got in cause his skin color. Its now apparent what an abject failure this "experiment" has been.
    Hoyt Spyder Turbo #3 RKT 29"
    Gold Tip Velocity Pro 300
    Black Gold Ascent Single Pin
    Scott Longhorn III and Carter Like Mike releases
    Grim Reaper Broadheads

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas, USA!
    Posts
    17,599
    bo stinks.......
    Duck or Bleed.


  15. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,001
    I wouldn't put too much belief in what David Cameron says if I were you. What he says he'll do changes from one week to the next; even now, his statement that he'll withdraw citizenship from those returning from fighting as terrorists is in tatters because it turns out that it may be illegal to do so. But it sounded good when he said it and it probably made him feel tall, strong and in control for a while, so that's all right.

    Statements like this are all related to the fact that he faces an election next year which he is distinctly uncertain of winning. His support is drifting away to a new party, UKIP, which has never run anything bigger than a bring-and-buy sale and has made all sorts of statements in the almost complete certainty that they will never be in a position to carry them out. Last week one of his trusted MPs made the switch to UKIP - the first MP to do so but probably not the last as those in marginal seats desperately try to ensure their re-election. Cameron has to try to compete in the macho-political stakes and this sort of meaningless rhetoric is the result.

    Obama may not 'have a plan' but he's not alone. Cameron doesn't either. His entire idea of strategy is related to re-election and keeping his and his cronies snouts in the trough. The man is ignorant, as two-faced as a kipper and has about as much backbone.
    Life is just as deadly as it looks!

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I wouldn't put too much belief in what David Cameron says if I were you. What he says he'll do changes from one week to the next; even now, his statement that he'll withdraw citizenship from those returning from fighting as terrorists is in tatters because it turns out that it may be illegal to do so. But it sounded good when he said it and it probably made him feel tall, strong and in control for a while, so that's all right.

    Statements like this are all related to the fact that he faces an election next year which he is distinctly uncertain of winning. His support is drifting away to a new party, UKIP, which has never run anything bigger than a bring-and-buy sale and has made all sorts of statements in the almost complete certainty that they will never be in a position to carry them out. Last week one of his trusted MPs made the switch to UKIP - the first MP to do so but probably not the last as those in marginal seats desperately try to ensure their re-election. Cameron has to try to compete in the macho-political stakes and this sort of meaningless rhetoric is the result.

    Obama may not 'have a plan' but he's not alone. Cameron doesn't either. His entire idea of strategy is related to re-election and keeping his and his cronies snouts in the trough. The man is ignorant, as two-faced as a kipper and has about as much backbone.
    I stand by my original post. Like him or not, he addressed the issue. He stated a "plan". My POTUS has not. I can't change politics in the UK or the US. Like all the rest, we sit in our frustration and wait for any sign of leadership from our leaders. I would stand and shout if I EVER heard anything like Cameron said come out of the mouth of my president.
    Praesto et Persto

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Posts
    9,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    I stand by my original post. Like him or not, he addressed the issue. He stated a "plan". My POTUS has not. I can't change politics in the UK or the US. Like all the rest, we sit in our frustration and wait for any sign of leadership from our leaders. I would stand and shout if I EVER heard anything like Cameron said come out of the mouth of my president.
    So, taking what stargazer said as true, you'd rather just be lied to because you crave leadership, even if it's empty?
    "Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!" -- Christopher Hitchens

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    So, taking what stargazer said as true, you'd rather just be lied to because you crave leadership, even if it's empty?
    No. Stargazer THINKS Cameron is not going to do anything. But Cameron says he will. My POTUS says he basically has no idea what he's going to do, therefore I KNOW he doesn't. I do want leadership, and we don't have it.
    Praesto et Persto

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    No. Stargazer THINKS Cameron is not going to do anything. But Cameron says he will. My POTUS says he basically has no idea what he's going to do, therefore I KNOW he doesn't. I do want leadership, and we don't have it.
    Cameron says a lot, and does very little of it. Most of what comes out of his mouth is soundbites for the media. I'll be very surprised to see anything real come from this as he doesn't have the capacity to deal with it. For instance, he talks a lot about ' our military prowess' - but we don't have any. His government have gutted our armed forces in the name of cost-saving to the point of impotence. For example, when he came to power he wanted to stop the building of two new aircraft carriers but he couldn't because they were in the final stages of completion, so now we have two new state-of-the-art carriers - with nothing to carry because he scrapped the aircraft they were designed for (the Harrier) to save money. But he still talks as through the he can sort out international problems by sending a gunship. It's all hot air, and mostly lukewarm.

    Billie, I'll swap the 'never-had-a-proper-job-because-I-can-live-on-Daddy's-money-and-he's-a-multimillionaire' twit for Obama if you want. Obama may be lacking in a lot of areas (I don't know that because I don't live in the USA but that's what I get from you guys!) but I can't believe he'd be as bad as Cameron.
    Life is just as deadly as it looks!

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,260
    From the President today, http://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-deg...115117845.html

    I imagine they are working on a plan, not like this will just be ignored. This need to quit being a political division issue, and needs to be dealt with.
    Boomer Sooner

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The real NY, 250 miles NW of Manhattan
    Posts
    13,382
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    Here's a link with a shot at Obama as a dividend.

    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...-barack-obama/
    Of course it has, this is Fox's function. Journalistic ****.

    Anyways, that's nice that the PM made a good speech, but let's not pretend they're doing the heavy lifting in this fight. With the Islamification of Europe going full steam, I would be tempted to deport the lot of them before the population reaches critical mass.
    "'Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise': thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents."

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    I just listened to PM Cameron on terrorist from the UK fighting for ISIS and returning home. This guy sounds serious and says they will prevent them from returning and consider them enemies of Britain. He plans on deporting anyone who advocates jihadist activities and cracking down on hate speech from any sect, specifically referring to Islamic fundamentalist promoting jihad . He also says British economic and financial support will end for any country supporting jihadist. I can't help be wish OUR leader would have a strategy and the back bone to promote it on international TV. I don't have a link, because it was live.
    Where would he deport a jihadist British citizen to?

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by General RE LEE View Post
    I like Prime Minister Cameron and respect his leadership....but anybody is better than Obama. Obama is the ultimate example of Affirmative Action. Obama was totally unqualified for POTUS but he got in cause his skin color. Its now apparent what an abject failure this "experiment" has been.
    He won because more people voted for him than the other guy. That is not affirmative action, that's winning a competition, the opposite of affirmative action.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    east texas
    Posts
    6,582
    nevermind
    Bear Truth 2~Sword Apex Hunter~WB~DCA arrows~RAGE
    Browning Ted Nugent Bloodbrother bow~Easton Classics~
    Elite Synergy(On the way )

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,893
    Quote Originally Posted by chasing View Post
    He won because more people voted for him than the other guy. That is not affirmative action, that's winning a competition, the opposite of affirmative action.
    You think a white guy with Obama's qualifications would have won those elections? You underestimate the power of the liberal media on the primarily uninformed voting public.
    Hoyt Spyder Turbo #3 RKT 29"
    Gold Tip Velocity Pro 300
    Black Gold Ascent Single Pin
    Scott Longhorn III and Carter Like Mike releases
    Grim Reaper Broadheads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •