Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 71 of 71

Thread: British PM speech on terrorism.

  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The real NY, 250 miles NW of Manhattan
    Posts
    12,968
    Quote Originally Posted by General RE LEE View Post
    You think a white guy with Obama's qualifications would have won those elections? You underestimate the power of the liberal media on the primarily uninformed voting public.
    All anyone had to do after W is say "I'm not a Republican". That's it. They could have beat them running a deaf, dumb and blind kid playing pinball.

    "'Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise': thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents."


  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Cameron says a lot, and does very little of it. Most of what comes out of his mouth is soundbites for the media. I'll be very surprised to see anything real come from this as he doesn't have the capacity to deal with it. For instance, he talks a lot about ' our military prowess' - but we don't have any. His government have gutted our armed forces in the name of cost-saving to the point of impotence. For example, when he came to power he wanted to stop the building of two new aircraft carriers but he couldn't because they were in the final stages of completion, so now we have two new state-of-the-art carriers - with nothing to carry because he scrapped the aircraft they were designed for (the Harrier) to save money. But he still talks as through the he can sort out international problems by sending a gunship. It's all hot air, and mostly lukewarm.

    Billie, I'll swap the 'never-had-a-proper-job-because-I-can-live-on-Daddy's-money-and-he's-a-multimillionaire' twit for Obama if you want. Obama may be lacking in a lot of areas (I don't know that because I don't live in the USA but that's what I get from you guys!) but I can't believe he'd be as bad as Cameron.
    Buddy you got a deal ! If I could make it happen I would do it!
    Praesto et Persto

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    All anyone had to do after W is say "I'm not a Republican". That's it. They could have beat them running a deaf, dumb and blind kid playing pinball.
    And basically they did.
    Praesto et Persto

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Northeast Indiana
    Posts
    15,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Cameron says a lot, and does very little of it. Most of what comes out of his mouth is soundbites for the media. I'll be very surprised to see anything real come from this as he doesn't have the capacity to deal with it. For instance, he talks a lot about ' our military prowess' - but we don't have any. His government have gutted our armed forces in the name of cost-saving to the point of impotence. For example, when he came to power he wanted to stop the building of two new aircraft carriers but he couldn't because they were in the final stages of completion, so now we have two new state-of-the-art carriers - with nothing to carry because he scrapped the aircraft they were designed for (the Harrier) to save money. But he still talks as through the he can sort out international problems by sending a gunship. It's all hot air, and mostly lukewarm.

    Billie, I'll swap the 'never-had-a-proper-job-because-I-can-live-on-Daddy's-money-and-he's-a-multimillionaire' twit for Obama if you want. Obama may be lacking in a lot of areas (I don't know that because I don't live in the USA but that's what I get from you guys!) but I can't believe he'd be as bad as Cameron.
    Let's see...Britain has a prime minister who spews hot air with nothing to back it up. The USA has a president who spews lots of hot air and refuses to back it up. Russia has a president who spews a lot of hot air and is proving his intent in Ukraine as we speak. Doesn't seem like it would take much of a prognosticator to figure out where this is headed...
    Vicit agnus noster eum sequamur

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by chasing View Post
    Where would he deport a jihadist British citizen to?
    NeverNever land.? Have you seen the film Terminal with Tom Hanks... lol

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by General RE LEE View Post
    You think a white guy with Obama's qualifications would have won those elections? You underestimate the power of the liberal media on the primarily uninformed voting public.
    Oh please...if he was a conservative, you'd be getting gooey in your undies on how he's an "outsider" and not yet part of the "establishment." Hell, there are Republicans fawning over Ben Carson after he gave one speech.
    "Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!" -- Christopher Hitchens

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Northeast Indiana
    Posts
    15,525
    Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    Hell, there are Republicans fawning over Ben Carson after he gave one speech.
    That's because we finally found Biden's 'articulate black man'.
    Vicit agnus noster eum sequamur

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Indychris View Post
    That's because we finally found Biden's 'articulate black man'.
    Alan West speaks in Ebonics?
    "Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!" -- Christopher Hitchens

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Northeast Indiana
    Posts
    15,525
    Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    Alan West speaks in Ebonics?
    I like West, too. They are both heads and shoulders above our current Duffer in Chief.
    Vicit agnus noster eum sequamur

  10. #60
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The real NY, 250 miles NW of Manhattan
    Posts
    12,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    And basically they did.
    OK that was pretty funny.
    "'Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise': thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents."

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by chasing View Post
    He won because more people voted for him than the other guy. That is not affirmative action, that's winning a competition, the opposite of affirmative action.
    Sorry Chasing, you're wrong. Cameron and the Conservative party did not win the election. They came to power only because the 'third' party, the Liberal Democrats who haven't been in power for over a century went into coalition with them; some people will do anything for ministerial office and a chauffeur-driven government limousine! In doing so the Liberal Democrats have lost most of their support which is traditionally left-of-centre and th expectation is that they will be marmalised in next year's election. Cameron and the Conservatives are not expected to have enough support to win on their own, and in all probability will see their current bedfellows wiped off the political map. 2015 is going to be a very interesting year...
    Life is just as deadly as it looks!

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Sorry Chasing, you're wrong. Cameron and the Conservative party did not win the election. They came to power only because the 'third' party, the Liberal Democrats who haven't been in power for over a century went into coalition with them; some people will do anything for ministerial office and a chauffeur-driven government limousine! In doing so the Liberal Democrats have lost most of their support which is traditionally left-of-centre and th expectation is that they will be marmalised in next year's election. Cameron and the Conservatives are not expected to have enough support to win on their own, and in all probability will see their current bedfellows wiped off the political map. 2015 is going to be a very interesting year...
    He was countering the suggestion that Obama won because of "affirmative action."
    "Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!" -- Christopher Hitchens

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Somewhere between cradle and grave.
    Posts
    21,000
    Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    He was countering the suggestion that Obama won because of "affirmative action."
    Being the first black president was a novelty that caught up a lot of people, so in a way, it was affirmative action at work.
    A man may fish with the worm that hath eat of a king, and eat of the fish that hath fed of that worm.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by posco View Post
    Being the first black president was a novelty that caught up a lot of people, so in a way, it was affirmative action at work.
    True, that's the only answer, not because the Republicans couldn't come up with better candidates in 2008 and 2012. I'm not saying that Obama is a good president. He isn't. But his game in 2008 was better than McCain's (especially once he picked Palin as his running mate -- but hey, "what periodicals do you read?" is a "gotcha" question), and Obama was a much better populist than "I wipe my ass with poor people" Romney. He was about as credible as a "I can relate to the working class" guy as John Kerry was.

    Saying that a guy is the "worst president ever that anyone can beat" and actually believing that statement are two different things. The Democrats wrongly believed it about Bush in 2004 and you guys wrongly believed it about Obama in 2012.
    "Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!" -- Christopher Hitchens

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Sorry Chasing, you're wrong. Cameron and the Conservative party did not win the election. They came to power only because the 'third' party, the Liberal Democrats who haven't been in power for over a century went into coalition with them; some people will do anything for ministerial office and a chauffeur-driven government limousine! In doing so the Liberal Democrats have lost most of their support which is traditionally left-of-centre and th expectation is that they will be marmalised in next year's election. Cameron and the Conservatives are not expected to have enough support to win on their own, and in all probability will see their current bedfellows wiped off the political map. 2015 is going to be a very interesting year...
    Sorry gazer. With all do respect, I can't imagine any of us care about how Cameron got elected. We have enough trouble figuring out our politics here in the US.
    Praesto et Persto

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    Sorry gazer. With all do respect, I can't imagine any of us care about how Cameron got elected. We have enough trouble figuring out our politics here in the US.
    And please forgive the spelling errors. Due bear with me.
    Praesto et Persto

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Somewhere between cradle and grave.
    Posts
    21,000
    Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    True, that's the only answer
    I didn't suggest that but I think you would admit it was certainly a contributing factor to his success. They'll use the same line of thinking should Hillary decide to run...there will be ample opportunity to point out why that is not a compelling argument based on what it got us with Obama.
    A man may fish with the worm that hath eat of a king, and eat of the fish that hath fed of that worm.

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    True, that's the only answer, not because the Republicans couldn't come up with better candidates in 2008 and 2012. I'm not saying that Obama is a good president. He isn't. But his game in 2008 was better than McCain's (especially once he picked Palin as his running mate -- but hey, "what periodicals do you read?" is a "gotcha" question), and Obama was a much better populist than "I wipe my ass with poor people" Romney. He was about as credible as a "I can relate to the working class" guy as John Kerry was.

    Saying that a guy is the "worst president ever that anyone can beat" and actually believing that statement are two different things. The Democrats wrongly believed it about Bush in 2004 and you guys wrongly believed it about Obama in 2012.
    That is such a crock of chit CT... John Kerry wasn't ever working class, Romney gave a fortune to charity to start his life, where others wait till its safe.... you know gates and buffet and the like.... and did more for poor in real time than all the rest combined.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by rattus58 View Post
    That is such a crock of chit CT... John Kerry wasn't ever working class, Romney gave a fortune to charity to start his life, where others wait till its safe.... you know gates and buffet and the like.... and did more for poor in real time than all the rest combined.
    And yet the bulk of Gates' fortune is going to his humanitarian aid foundation now and when he dies. His comments stereotyping "the 47%" makes me think he donates for the tax breaks. Not to mention Kerry actually served in combat -- he didn't hide in the national guard or dodge the draft like some people.

    Is tithing tax deductible? Honest question.
    "Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!" -- Christopher Hitchens

  20. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    And yet the bulk of Gates' fortune is going to his humanitarian aid foundation now and when he dies. His comments stereotyping "the 47%" makes me think he donates for the tax breaks. Not to mention Kerry actually served in combat -- he didn't hide in the national guard or dodge the draft like some people.

    Is tithing tax deductible? Honest question.
    No! Not generally anyway... you need a receipt for a deduction and need to itemize your deductions. That 47% statement wasn't the best soundbyte... but again, I posted his EXACT comments here and there was nothing other than commentary on that and those that taxes matter to are people that pay taxes... because it is THEIR money that is going to pay for everyone else, no matter how you care to look at that.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,410
    Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    Oh please...if he was a conservative, you'd be getting gooey in your undies on how he's an "outsider" and not yet part of the "establishment." Hell, there are Republicans fawning over Ben Carson after he gave one speech.
    There are conservatives I like but totally not qualified for POTUS. Your assumption of my political beliefs is wrong but nice try.
    Hoyt Spyder Turbo #3 RKT 29"
    Gold Tip Velocity Pro 300
    Black Gold Ascent Single Pin
    Scott Longhorn III and Carter Like Mike releases
    Grim Reaper Broadheads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •