Thread: Arrow path behavior

Arrow path behavior

I built a new string for my bow at the last minute and just got done tuning it. My arrows at 30 yards are hitting shafts together and at 70 yards I can hold a 2.5" three shot group with one of them being a broadhead. The problem is at 50 yards, my groups open up to about 6-8 inches. I can only assume that it is me, shooting the middle pins, that I have a problem with. The arrows are on a path and if they are on at 30 and 70 then in the middle they should also be right on. Just to rule out any bow tuning issues, is this the general consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by flybyjohn View Post
    The problem is at 50 yards, my groups open up to about 6-8 inches. I can only assume that it is me, shooting the middle pins, that I have a problem with.
    John, the biggest problems that plague anyone involved in shooting sports has, from bows, to billiards, is between the ears.

Arrows, or bullets do not have excursions at 50yds, that correct themselves at 70yds. But I've had mental blocks myself at most yardages from 20ft to 80yds, and eventually sorted them out.

I have a problem with red in low light, and I shoot Spot Hogg sights because I can get them in yellow and green only. It might be a vision issue? Or maybe you need to talk yourself out of a slump.

Hoyt's
    Hogg's
    Quick Spin's