Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accurate Crossbow Arrows

Accurate Crossbow Arrows

Did some shooting today.Made about 60 shots and wasn't real impressed with my accuracy.I was only shooting at 20 yards and felt like i should have been driving tacks.There was a light wind but I'm not sure if that was the cause.Im shooting Carbon Express Maxima Hunters.Do you guys find Aluminum or Carbon more consistent? I see you guys posting pics of bullseye at 50 and 60 yards.Lets here what your shooting.

BEE's!!

Black Eagle Executioners
    NRA Life Member

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
    - Alexis de Tocqueville (1835)

x3 on the BEE's......Spine indexed & matched...

http://www.southshorearcherysupply.c...1_482_528.html

Mike
    Vent 150
    Solution LS 390
    Crossbow Warriors Pro Staff
    http://www.crossbowwarriors.com

X-3
    BEEs

I like BEEs too. They shoot very well for me, but I also bought them spine indexed. I had mixed results with Gold Tip Laser 2s last year. Some would shoot broadheads well, some needed help. I don't have a spine meter but tonight I was shooting them bare shaft and was suprised how far some of them were off (1.5" at only 15 yards). When they were turned to put the right side up, they all shot inside a 1/2" circle. Getting the best grade arrows you can afford and having them indexed before fletching is the best way I know of getting them to shoot well.
    <')))><

BEE with 120 grain brass insert and 100grain tip and two in Blazers. Excalibur 405..

photo77 copy.jpg
    Excalibur Matrix 405, Bowtech Experience in Black Ops... Is there a reason for anything else?

Black Eagle Exec. for me also. I'm shooting two different arrow setups this year.
    1, 20" spine matched, indexed to .0025, 92 grain glue in insert with SK-300 vanes right offset and 1 1/8" set back, Omni's in the rear.

2. 20" Spine matched, indexed to .0025, 110 grain glue in insert with SK-300 vanes right offset and 1 1/8" set back, Omni's in the rear.

I can put 100 or 125 grain heads on both arrows and achieve 4 different arrow weights, accuracy is unreal.
    TenPoint Phantom, Black Eagle Executioners
    NAP 100gn. Nitron Broadheads
    Burris, Leupold Optics, XB30
    Black Widow Deer Lures Pro Staff
    NRA Life Member, Molon Labe, Bravo Zulu Team VI

My experience shooting out to 100 yds is that offset is more accurate than helical(Blazers) when shooting field tips, FOCs, and Xbow tricks(AL inserts). Doesn't take a lot to stabilize the Slick Trick family of broad heads.

I shoot Zombie Slayers and Executioners. Both are made by Black Eagle of course. I fletch with AVIIs or Bohning Blazer vanes straight fletched. I make my own arrows and just didn't want to buy a RAM spine tester. My arrows shot well, but like you I thought I should be getting much better repeatability especially at 20 yards. So.... I finally bought the spine tester and went to work this weekend holiday. Thirty or so arrows later I had all the spines identified and the cock vane placed in line with the spine. Lots of refletching and out to the back yard for testing. Wow, what a difference across my entire arrow inventory with all my bows. I had two fliers (1 inch low and 1 inch to the left) that I fixed by rotating the nock 120 degrees to designate a new cock vane. Strangely enough the two arrows now have the most predictable POI in the bunch. I know it sounds like a small and somewhat unimportant detail, but spine testing was for me the final step in getting the kind of accuracy you read about on this forum.
    Scorpyd Orion 150#, home made Zombie Slayers; AeroVane II
    Scorpyd Velocity 165 with 100# limbs, Black Eagle Executioners; AeroVane II
    Middleton DTM 330 SS, 18 inch home made BEEs; Bohning Blazer X2
    Piping when not shooting crossbows

Right before dark the wind layed.I went back out and fired my 3 hunting arrows.All 3 hit bullseye but were only talking 20 yards with feild tips.That should be easy to do at 20.Im gonna shoot more at 30 and 40 and see how accurate they stay.Im gonna check out the BEE's and try to keep improving.For now my arms are tired.lol.

Gold Tip Laser III Pros fletched with AAE Max Hunters
    Ten Point pro staff - GOD'A GRIP pro staff - HHA Sports pro staff - Gold Tip pro staff
    tryin hard outdoors - owner
    Bangs Paradise Valley Hunt Club

another vote for BEE's
    Custom Rudderbow Diamondback Skin Longbow 53#
    PSE Stinger 3g Skullworks
    Browning Ted Nugent Bloodbrother bow

CamX Accuspines
    Tenpoint Carbon Elite XLT
    CamX Accuspines
    Hawke XB30
    Spitfire Maxx
    LWRC M6A3

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin-Cajun View Post
    CamX Accuspines
    ...which use Black Eagle shafts.
    NRA Life Member

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
    - Alexis de Tocqueville (1835)

If your not looking at dropping cash on BEE's, Easton ProElites are solid. Here is a 3 shot group @ 20 with Invader HP

Bowtech Carbon Knight 27" - 71lb @ 297fps
    Mathews Ultralight 26.5" - 68lb @ 210fps
    Wicked Ridge Invader 426gr Easton ProElite FORSALE

Depending on what bow you are shooting Easton 2219's can perform quite well. Now from high speed setups they are a no go and then the BEE,s would be my choice...
    I wouldn't hesitate shooting the 2219's out of the lower powered Excals or any bow shooting under 340fps....
    A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.

Black eagle executioners spin indexed

Gold tip laser III .

BEE indexed and matched, 92 or 112 LNL inserts, sk-300 vanes Q nock's.
    "Hunt Hard or Stay Home"
    TenPoint Venom XB-30 Accudraw BEE 22" w/VPA 3 blade
    Parker Gale Force 165# XB-30 470 grn. B.E, Ex. w/100 grn. vented VPA Terminator,
    620grn C.E. double wall w/175grn VPA (for heavy cover)

The DCA's in .001 are tight groupers.....

The Carbon Exspress arrows I'm shooting now cost me $60 for 6.Which seems steep but the arrows are super tuff.My bow shoots 330 fps.Thanks for all the input.

Black Eagle Executioners w/ 110gr brass inserts are the way to go. Best crossbow bolt i have ever used hands down!!!
    }--------->@<---------{

What's the total weight of the 20 inch Bee's?Why is it some are indexed to .01 and .025?

50 yards. BEE 2 inch blazer right helical.. broke one on the far right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast