Archery Talk Forum banner

Accurate Crossbow Arrows

7K views 56 replies 35 participants last post by  Jackson01 
#1 ·
Did some shooting today.Made about 60 shots and wasn't real impressed with my accuracy.I was only shooting at 20 yards and felt like i should have been driving tacks.There was a light wind but I'm not sure if that was the cause.Im shooting Carbon Express Maxima Hunters.Do you guys find Aluminum or Carbon more consistent? I see you guys posting pics of bullseye at 50 and 60 yards.Lets here what your shooting.

#6 ·
I like BEEs too. They shoot very well for me, but I also bought them spine indexed. I had mixed results with Gold Tip Laser 2s last year. Some would shoot broadheads well, some needed help. I don't have a spine meter but tonight I was shooting them bare shaft and was suprised how far some of them were off (1.5" at only 15 yards). When they were turned to put the right side up, they all shot inside a 1/2" circle. Getting the best grade arrows you can afford and having them indexed before fletching is the best way I know of getting them to shoot well.

#8 ·
Black Eagle Exec. for me also. I'm shooting two different arrow setups this year.
1, 20" spine matched, indexed to .0025, 92 grain glue in insert with SK-300 vanes right offset and 1 1/8" set back, Omni's in the rear.

2. 20" Spine matched, indexed to .0025, 110 grain glue in insert with SK-300 vanes right offset and 1 1/8" set back, Omni's in the rear.

I can put 100 or 125 grain heads on both arrows and achieve 4 different arrow weights, accuracy is unreal.

#10 ·
I shoot Zombie Slayers and Executioners. Both are made by Black Eagle of course. I fletch with AVIIs or Bohning Blazer vanes straight fletched. I make my own arrows and just didn't want to buy a RAM spine tester. My arrows shot well, but like you I thought I should be getting much better repeatability especially at 20 yards. So.... I finally bought the spine tester and went to work this weekend holiday. Thirty or so arrows later I had all the spines identified and the cock vane placed in line with the spine. Lots of refletching and out to the back yard for testing. Wow, what a difference across my entire arrow inventory with all my bows. I had two fliers (1 inch low and 1 inch to the left) that I fixed by rotating the nock 120 degrees to designate a new cock vane. Strangely enough the two arrows now have the most predictable POI in the bunch. I know it sounds like a small and somewhat unimportant detail, but spine testing was for me the final step in getting the kind of accuracy you read about on this forum.

#11 ·
Right before dark the wind layed.I went back out and fired my 3 hunting arrows.All 3 hit bullseye but were only talking 20 yards with feild tips.That should be easy to do at 20.Im gonna shoot more at 30 and 40 and see how accurate they stay.Im gonna check out the BEE's and try to keep improving.For now my arms are tired.lol.

#17 ·
Depending on what bow you are shooting Easton 2219's can perform quite well. Now from high speed setups they are a no go and then the BEE,s would be my choice...
I wouldn't hesitate shooting the 2219's out of the lower powered Excals or any bow shooting under 340fps....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.