Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: This Guy Proves Itís Crazy to Be Atheist With One Simple and Hilarious Question - Tod

This Guy Proves Itís Crazy to Be Atheist With One Simple and Hilarious Question - Tod

Something else to give you guys another 250pg thread to talk about

http://todaychristian.net/guy-proves...ious-question/
    proud member of the treelimb assassians
    excuses are words to justify failure
    sword sights and treelimb quivers pro staff

Well it was certainly more entertaining than the guy talking while driving the car!
    Praesto et Persto

All he proved was that he didn't have the talent to make it as a real comedian.

You've been around here long enough to know that we are fighting for separation of church & state. We don't care if you want to waste valuable time and money on religion until it effects those who don't like your flavor of koolaid.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

All he proved is that he's not really that good at straw man fallacies. God doesn't offend me. His followers do. Oh, and then there's that whole 1st Amendment, which believers generally only want to observe half of.
    "Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!" -- Christopher Hitchens

Meh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Strother
    I'm adding you to my slander, defamation of character lawsuit, I'm really tired of all the BS you and L-Train spread so you both will be added to the proceedings and named as a defendant.

Have a great one.

God sure works in mysterious way when it comes to who it selects to get the most important information there is out to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    All he proved is that he's not really that good at straw man fallacies. God doesn't offend me. His followers do. Oh, and then there's that whole 1st Amendment, which believers generally only want to observe half of.
    First of all. I will appologize if I offend anyone with that. How does his followers offend you ct?
    Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    Well it was certainly more entertaining than the guy talking while driving the car!
    That would be josh feirstein. He says a lot of stuff that actually makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

generally, which half are you suggesting?
    Walk Your Talk

Quote Originally Posted by cobowhntr View Post
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I think it's the whole "Redress of Grievances" half.
    Parfois, on fait pas semblant!
    (Sometimes, it is not pretend!)

Quote Originally Posted by ridgehunter70 View Post
    That would be josh feirstein. He says a lot of stuff that actually makes sense
    You must be talking about other videos he has made then, because the rant he goes on while driving the car is filled with the same old misunderstandings and waffling that creationists have pandered for years. He clearly doesn't understand the topic he is talking about
    Obsession Evolution 70# Stormy Hardwoods
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510
    Gold Tip XT Hunters, 452 Grains, Rage Hypodermic

Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    You must be talking about other videos he has made then, because the rant he goes on while driving the car is filled with the same old misunderstandings and waffling that creationists have pandered for years. He clearly doesn't understand the topic he is talking about
    And that would be youre opinion.

Is there anything specific that we could discuss or would you like to leave it non-specific so that you don't have to defend it?

And that would be youre opinion.
    My opinion is that he is nut. This has nothing to do with opinion. What he says in the video is almost 100% demonstrably false. I only watched in the one time, because I only set aside so much time of my day to waste, but just off the top of my head he was:

1) completely mixing several different scientific concepts together such as the Big Bang Theory and Evolutionary Theory (despite them being completely unrelated)
    2) He had zero understanding of the definition of the word "theory" in a scientific sense
    3) He didn't understand how the scientific method works
    4) He touched on several different fallacies and illogical arguments
    5) On Evolution specifically, he clearly has never even bothered himself with what the theory actually describes, and the evidence backing it up.

He was really only making a fool of himself. Most people would be smart enough to not rant about things to which they clearly have no knowledge.
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    Is there anything specific that we could discuss or would you like to leave it non-specific so that you don't have to defend it?
    See post #14. Nothing we haven't really discussed before I would guess.

I absolutely refuse to watch the damn video again, so if I can't remember all the specifics of his rant I will just have to admit defeat
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510

This guy really hates atheists ...I guess they're not his neighbors?

If you want to see the counter argument, search YouTube for Jim Jefferies on religion ...it's more entertaining and makes better points.

My opinion is that he is nut. This has nothing to do with opinion. What he says in the video is almost 100% demonstrably false. I only watched in the one time, because I only set aside so much time of my day to waste, but just off the top of my head he was:

1) completely mixing several different scientific concepts together such as the Big Bang Theory and Evolutionary Theory (despite them being completely unrelated)
    2) He had zero understanding of the definition of the word "theory" in a scientific sense
    3) He didn't understand how the scientific method works
    4) He touched on several different fallacies and illogical arguments
    5) On Evolution specifically, he clearly has never even bothered himself with what the theory actually describes, and the evidence backing it up.

He was really only making a fool of himself. Most people would be smart enough to not rant about things to which they clearly have no knowledge.
    And once again, thats youre opinion. I think he makes several understanding facts on how was everything created to work in harmony? Was it by the big (bang) theory? If so, then please send me some c4 cause I need a truckload of money.

See post #14. Nothing we haven't really discussed before I would guess.

I absolutely refuse to watch the damn video again, so if I can't remember all the specifics of his rant I will just have to admit defeat
    I didn't watch it. Could there be anything said about evolution that hasn't been covered here at least 1000 times? I'm thinking that is very unlikely.

And once again, thats youre opinion. I think he makes several understanding facts on how was everything created to work in harmony? Was it by the big (bang) theory? If so, then please send me some c4 cause I need a truckload of money.
    It's not a matter of opinion though. I don't get why people feel like they get to have an opinion on matters like, for example, the age of the universe, do you also have an "opinion" on the distance between LA and New York? The evidence clearly supports the universe beginning in an expansionary event. We call that event the Big Bang. The evidence also clearly shows that evolution is the best explanation for the diversity of life on this planet.

Everything I said is just a simple statement of a fact. I'm not injecting opinion into any of this
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510

I didn't watch it. Could there be anything said about evolution that hasn't been covered here at least 1000 times? I'm thinking that is very unlikely.
    No, not that I remember at least.
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510

Quote Originally Posted by cobowhntr View Post

The bit about no law respecting an establishment of religion.
    The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"

I will agree 100%

It's not a matter of opinion though. I don't get why people feel like they get to have an opinion on matters like, for example, the age of the universe, do you also have an "opinion" on the distance between LA and New York? The evidence clearly supports the universe beginning in an expansionary event. We call that event the Big Bang. The evidence also clearly shows that evolution is the best explanation for the diversity of life on this planet.

Everything I said is just a simple statement of a fact. I'm not injecting opinion into any of this
    Yes you are when you mentioned the word (evolution). Evolution is going to create everything to work in harmony?
    Get real

Yes you are when you mentioned the word (evolution). Evolution is going to create everything to work in harmony?
    Get real
    How so? I said "the evidence clearly shows that evolution is the best explanation for the diversity of life on this planet". What part of that has any opinion in it whatsoever? The scientific community is in universal agreement of this fact. Evolution is the backbone of all of biology.

What specific parts of evolutionary theory do you feel or not up to scratch?

What do you mean by "everything to work in harmony"?
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510

This guy proves it's crazy to be Christian with one simple and hilarious phone call

http://todaychristian.net/guy-answer...-can-hear-now/

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast