a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 320

Thread: This Guy Proves Itís Crazy to Be Atheist With One Simple and Hilarious Question - Tod

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NE US
    Posts
    34,959
    Just for the record, atheism isn't an ideology. It doesn't explain at all what an atheist does believe. Not one bit. It only means the atheist doesn't believe just one single claim, the claim that a god exists. That's all atheism is.

    Let's not even get into his hair brained ideas on morality.

    Sent via my Nokia Windows phone...I finally upgraded.


  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    It's not a matter of opinion though. I don't get why people feel like they get to have an opinion on matters like, for example, the age of the universe, do you also have an "opinion" on the distance between LA and New York? The evidence clearly supports the universe beginning in an expansionary event. We call that event the Big Bang. The evidence also clearly shows that evolution is the best explanation for the diversity of life on this planet.

    Everything I said is just a simple statement of a fact. I'm not injecting opinion into any of this

    You are interjecting an opinion when you say, " The evidence also clearly shows that evolution is the best explanation for the diversity of life on this planet."

    It doesn't seem to be much of an explanation when compared to intelligent design. It has no explanation for how life came into being and no explanation for macroevolution. There is no definition for macroevolution that anyone agrees on or can substantiate.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster of Xs View Post
    Just for the record, atheism isn't an ideology. It doesn't explain at all what an atheist does believe. Not one bit. It only means the atheist doesn't believe just one single claim, the claim that a god exists. That's all atheism is.

    Let's not even get into his hair brained ideas on morality.
    Once you make a claim it becomes a doctrine.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern IA
    Posts
    2,977
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    You are interjecting an opinion when you say, " The evidence also clearly shows that evolution is the best explanation for the diversity of life on this planet."

    It doesn't seem to be much of an explanation when compared to intelligent design. It has no explanation for how life came into being and no explanation for macroevolution. There is no definition for macroevolution that anyone agrees on or can substantiate.
    No I'm not, I'm only stating what is agreed on by the scientific community. All of it.

    Evolution doesn't attempt to explain how life came into being. Only how life came to be as it is now, once it began.

    I know what Rat has to say on ID, but what is your definition? Would you consider it a "theory" considering it can't be tested or really studied at all?
    Obsession Evolution 70# Stormy Hardwoods
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510
    Gold Tip XT Hunters, 452 Grains, Rage Hypodermic

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    How so? I said "the evidence clearly shows that evolution is the best explanation for the diversity of life on this planet". What part of that has any opinion in it whatsoever? The scientific community is in universal agreement of this fact. Evolution is the backbone of all of biology.

    What specific parts of evolutionary theory do you feel or not up to scratch?

    What do you mean by "everything to work in harmony"?
    And the evidence of evolution is youre opinion. How does something like you say, (evolution) know how to place the sun just the right distance from earth and to let it rain just enough for plants and other things to grow. Things flowing in harmony
    proud member of the treelimb assassians
    excuses are words to justify failure
    sword sights and treelimb quivers pro staff

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arden Hills, MN
    Posts
    9,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster of Xs View Post
    Just for the record, atheism isn't an ideology. It doesn't explain at all what an atheist does believe. Not one bit. It only means the atheist doesn't believe just one single claim, the claim that a god exists. That's all atheism is.

    Let's not even get into his hair brained ideas on morality.
    Good luck with that. The theists aren't smart enough to understand this.

    Some of them even further prove they have fecal matter where normal people keep their brains by claiming atheists have a doctrine.
    The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NE US
    Posts
    34,959
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgehunter70 View Post
    Yes you are when you mentioned the word (evolution). Evolution is going to create everything to work in harmony?
    Get real
    It has to. If an organism doesn't harmonize with it's environment then it dies and doesn't pass on its faulty DNA. Something else better suited to the environment, something that "lives in harmony", will be the one flooding the gene pool instead.

    You guys look at all this totally ass backwards. The universe isn't harmonious by design, instead everything that exists in it is suited to its environment. It's as simple as that.
    Sent via my Nokia Windows phone...I finally upgraded.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NE US
    Posts
    34,959
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgehunter70 View Post
    And the evidence of evolution is youre opinion. How does something like you say, (evolution) know how to place the sun just the right distance from earth and to let it rain just enough for plants and other things to grow. Things flowing in harmony
    How about the 320000000000000000000000000000 planets out there that AREN'T the right distance from their star, have no rain, no plants and just no life in general? How do you explain that? HMMMM???? :set1thinking:
    Sent via my Nokia Windows phone...I finally upgraded.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arden Hills, MN
    Posts
    9,921
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgehunter70 View Post
    And the evidence of evolution is youre opinion. How does something like you say, (evolution) know how to place the sun just the right distance from earth and to let it rain just enough for plants and other things to grow. Things flowing in harmony
    When the conditions are right, life happens. It doesn't mean there was a "design".
    The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern IA
    Posts
    2,977
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgehunter70 View Post
    And the evidence of evolution is youre opinion. How does something like you say, (evolution) know how to place the sun just the right distance from earth and to let it rain just enough for plants and other things to grow. Things flowing in harmony
    First of all, no the evidence is not my opinion, its the evidence. Yes, evidence is interpreted, but when millions of pieces of evidence and study point to the same thing, then no its not "my opinion".

    Now you are doing exactly what he did in the video: evolution has nothing to with the distance that the planet is from the sun. We fit into what is referred to as the "Goldilocks Zone" of which there are hundreds of other planets that fall in the same area from their respective star. And that's just the few we have found in the last couple decades. Earth is not unique.

    The fact that the planet is the distance that is is from the sun is evidence that the earth formed this distance from the sun. Adding some mystical higher meaning to it all is nothing more than a reach to feel special
    Obsession Evolution 70# Stormy Hardwoods
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510
    Gold Tip XT Hunters, 452 Grains, Rage Hypodermic

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,624
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    You are interjecting an opinion when you say, " The evidence also clearly shows that evolution is the best explanation for the diversity of life on this planet."
    It doesn't seem to be much of an explanation when compared to intelligent design.
    It's not an opinion, it is a fact that there is more evidence to support evolution as the explanation for the diversity of life. It's fact because there is actual physical evidence to support evolution and zero evidence to support magic. Evolution having more of the evidence makes it the best explanation. Claiming that magic is a better explanation absent any evidence at all makes the claim an opinion ...it's why they don't teach it in schools, it's make-believe.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    No I'm not, I'm only stating what is agreed on by the scientific community. All of it.

    Evolution doesn't attempt to explain how life came into being. Only how life came to be as it is now, once it began.

    I know what Rat has to say on ID, but what is your definition? Would you consider it a "theory" considering it can't be tested or really studied at all?

    Part of my point is that evolution doesn't explain how life began yet it is compared to Creationism that does explain it. Atheists complain that we are saying "Goddidit" yet we understand and can describe the nature of the creator.

    Scientists can't describe the nature of macroevolution. Maybe it's gradualism or maybe it's punctuated equilibrium or maybe something else and don't even bring up stasis.

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    You are interjecting an opinion when you say, " The evidence also clearly shows that evolution is the best explanation for the diversity of life on this planet."

    It doesn't seem to be much of an explanation when compared to intelligent design. It has no explanation for how life came into being and no explanation for macroevolution. There is no definition for macroevolution that anyone agrees on or can substantiate.
    I will agree
    proud member of the treelimb assassians
    excuses are words to justify failure
    sword sights and treelimb quivers pro staff

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKMN View Post
    When the conditions are right, life happens. It doesn't mean there was a "design".

    Like magic?

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern IA
    Posts
    2,977
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    Part of my point is that evolution doesn't explain how life began yet it is compared to Creationism that does explain it. Atheists complain that we are saying "Goddidit" yet we understand and can describe the nature of the creator.

    Scientists can't describe the nature of macroevolution. Maybe it's gradualism or maybe it's punctuated equilibrium or maybe something else and don't even bring up stasis.
    The problem is, Christianity's "explanation" of creation and a creator is no more credible than any other creation story that humans have thought up in the last several thousand years.
    Obsession Evolution 70# Stormy Hardwoods
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510
    Gold Tip XT Hunters, 452 Grains, Rage Hypodermic

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster of Xs View Post
    How about the 320000000000000000000000000000 planets out there that AREN'T the right distance from their star, have no rain, no plants and just no life in general? How do you explain that? HMMMM???? :set1thinking:
    Because they had no purpose in life. Just like most of youre statements. Hhhhmmmmm
    proud member of the treelimb assassians
    excuses are words to justify failure
    sword sights and treelimb quivers pro staff

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster of Xs View Post
    How about the 320000000000000000000000000000 planets out there that AREN'T the right distance from their star, have no rain, no plants and just no life in general? How do you explain that? HMMMM???? :set1thinking:
    Clearly that's proof of intelligent design. When you want to make eggs for example, don't you throw a few trillion eggs all over your house before you put two in a pan to cook them?

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKMN View Post
    When the conditions are right, life happens. It doesn't mean there was a "design".
    How was the (conditions) created? It all goes back to opinions and thats the fact.
    proud member of the treelimb assassians
    excuses are words to justify failure
    sword sights and treelimb quivers pro staff

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBlake View Post
    It's not an opinion, it is a fact that there is more evidence to support evolution as the explanation for the diversity of life. It's fact because there is actual physical evidence to support evolution and zero evidence to support magic. Evolution having more of the evidence makes it the best explanation. Claiming that magic is a better explanation absent any evidence at all makes the claim an opinion ...it's why they don't teach it in schools, it's make-believe.
    The theory of macroevolution doesn't align with the scientific method either. It can't be observed nor can it offer any predictions. It's not truly falsifiable because as soon as it is demonstrated as such another explanation is inserted to replace the one that got proven false.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern IA
    Posts
    2,977
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgehunter70 View Post
    Because they had no purpose in life. Just like most of youre statements. Hhhhmmmmm
    Will that still be true when extraterrestrial life is discovered? Because its pretty much a certainty that life exists elsewhere. Hell even Mars, another planet in our own solar system, has water on it, and its past could have supported life
    Obsession Evolution 70# Stormy Hardwoods
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510
    Gold Tip XT Hunters, 452 Grains, Rage Hypodermic

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    The problem is, Christianity's "explanation" of creation and a creator is no more credible than any other creation story that humans have thought up in the last several thousand years.
    That's another opinion. The evidence for Intelligent design is so compelling that it seems that most of the people that disagree don't know what it is or understand it.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern IA
    Posts
    2,977
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgehunter70 View Post
    How was the (conditions) created? It all goes back to opinions and thats the fact.
    Or you could just say, "we don't know for sure yet, we are working on it". Doesn't that make more sense than substituting a deity to fill the gap?
    Obsession Evolution 70# Stormy Hardwoods
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510
    Gold Tip XT Hunters, 452 Grains, Rage Hypodermic

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    Will that still be true when extraterrestrial life is discovered? Because its pretty much a certainty that life exists elsewhere. Hell even Mars, another planet in our own solar system, has water on it, and its past could have supported life
    Could be
    proud member of the treelimb assassians
    excuses are words to justify failure
    sword sights and treelimb quivers pro staff

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern IA
    Posts
    2,977
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    That's another opinion. The evidence for Intelligent design is so compelling that it seems that most of the people that disagree don't know what it is or understand it.
    Why is Christianity more "true" than any other religion? The Bible claims divine knowledge, because it says so in the Bible.

    What is the evidence for ID?
    Obsession Evolution 70# Stormy Hardwoods
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510
    Gold Tip XT Hunters, 452 Grains, Rage Hypodermic

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    Will that still be true when extraterrestrial life is discovered? Because its pretty much a certainty that life exists elsewhere. Hell even Mars, another planet in our own solar system, has water on it, and its past could have supported life


    I find it ironic that atheists are willing to bend to the laws of probability for other life being present in the universe but refuse to when it comes to a Fine Tuned universe.

    Does the Bible claim that no life exists anywhere else in the universe?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •