a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 320

Thread: This Guy Proves Itís Crazy to Be Atheist With One Simple and Hilarious Question - Tod

  1. #51
    Why cant we just agree to dissagree???

    proud member of the treelimb assassians
    excuses are words to justify failure
    sword sights and treelimb quivers pro staff


  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arden Hills, MN
    Posts
    9,837
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgehunter70 View Post
    How was the (conditions) created? It all goes back to opinions and thats the fact.
    There is no evidence that the conditions were created.
    The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKMN View Post
    There is no evidence that the conditions were created.
    Then whats youre explanation?
    proud member of the treelimb assassians
    excuses are words to justify failure
    sword sights and treelimb quivers pro staff

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern IA
    Posts
    2,920
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    I find it ironic that atheists are willing to bend to the laws of probability for other life being present in the universe but refuse to when it comes to a Fine Tuned universe.

    Does the Bible claim that no life exists anywhere else in the universe?
    To the best of my knowledge, it makes no mention of it. However, it does state that God created man in his image. Earth was created specifically for mankind. If life exists elsewhere, that would mean that earth, or man, would not be unique in any way.
    Obsession Evolution 70# Stormy Hardwoods
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510
    Gold Tip XT Hunters, 452 Grains, Rage Hypodermic

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern IA
    Posts
    2,920
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgehunter70 View Post
    Why cant we just agree to dissagree???
    Ah we could, but that would defeat the purpose of a debate about it
    Obsession Evolution 70# Stormy Hardwoods
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510
    Gold Tip XT Hunters, 452 Grains, Rage Hypodermic

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    Ah we could, but that would defeat the purpose of a debate about it
    Hey, do we actually agree on something? Lol
    proud member of the treelimb assassians
    excuses are words to justify failure
    sword sights and treelimb quivers pro staff

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    Why is Christianity more "true" than any other religion? The Bible claims divine knowledge, because it says so in the Bible.

    What is the evidence for ID?

    In my life time we have seen huge advances in science that have created more gaps in our scientific knowledge about evolution and life. There was a time when proteins were thought to be doing the work of DNA.

    If evolution was true we would expect to see these gaps getting narrower but they are in fact getting wider.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, it makes no mention of it. However, it does state that God created man in his image. Earth was created specifically for mankind. If life exists elsewhere, that would mean that earth, or man, would not be unique in any way.
    There's over 7 billion of us spread over the entire globe. Why is God forced to be limited by boundaries or numbers?

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    My opinion is that he is nut. This has nothing to do with opinion. What he says in the video is almost 100% demonstrably false. I only watched in the one time, because I only set aside so much time of my day to waste, but just off the top of my head he was:

    1) completely mixing several different scientific concepts together such as the Big Bang Theory and Evolutionary Theory (despite them being completely unrelated)
    2) He had zero understanding of the definition of the word "theory" in a scientific sense
    3) He didn't understand how the scientific method works
    4) He touched on several different fallacies and illogical arguments
    5) On Evolution specifically, he clearly has never even bothered himself with what the theory actually describes, and the evidence backing it up.

    He was really only making a fool of himself. Most people would be smart enough to not rant about things to which they clearly have no knowledge.
    Ha! Well he didn't say he was any kind of scientist. He's a COMEDIAN!! Name one comedian that doesn't make a fool of himself? It's no different than Russell Brands skit about guns, or hunting, or politics.
    Praesto et Persto

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    The theory of macroevolution doesn't align with the scientific method either. It can't be observed nor can it offer any predictions.
    Your scientific ignorance is astounding. Things do not have to be observable to align with the the scientific method. We've never actually seen a star formed, or a planet, or even moon, but we see evidence of what we suspect are the various stages of these things being formed. We use science to determine the composition of these astrological bodies to try and determine where they are on the timelines that we theorize through science, having not ever directly observed the process from start to finish since it would span thousands of years.

    Science forms a hypothesis (an educated guess) of how something could have happened and then compares that with the physical evidence to see if the hypothesis could still hold true, the process does not require direct observation. In many cases, it takes a very long time to even find the evidence that you believe you will find based on the hypothesis and the other supporting evidence. Take the Higgs Boson for example; it wasn't observable for many years and billions had to be spent in search of evidence.

    Using your Bubba-Logic we wouldn't know how sand is formed and you would claim it doesn't align with the scientific method because the process is not directly observable on a large scale. We know that the mineral composition of sand matches the rocks at higher elevations that are eroded over time through wind and rain. We know that rivers can moved small amounts of this weathered material ...but do we assume that it must be magic as we haven't seen a million cubic yards of sand show up on a rocky coast overnight?

    There is plenty of evidence that has been found to support evolution. Fossils or preserved reliefs that are where we would expect them in the geological layering that are consistent with earlier ancestors of regional animals support the theory. The tracing of genes and DNA through samples support the theory. Lab studies on mutation support the theory. We can predict where we should find supporting fossils and dig in those locations based on prior evidence. This is very much science.

    Here's a test of Bubba-Logic for you. Let's say that we find the crashed Malaysian airliner at the bottom of the Indian ocean. Do you believe that science can piece together how the plane crashed with the evidence at hand, or is that impossible because it was not directly observed?

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern IA
    Posts
    2,920
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    In my life time we have seen huge advances in science that have created more gaps in our scientific knowledge about evolution and life. There was a time when proteins were thought to be doing the work of DNA.

    If evolution was true we would expect to see these gaps getting narrower but they are in fact getting wider.
    Ideas have been refined to be sure. But the gaps haven't widened, we know more and more things about evolution on a daily basis. New studies, new fossils, new experimentation
    Obsession Evolution 70# Stormy Hardwoods
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510
    Gold Tip XT Hunters, 452 Grains, Rage Hypodermic

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern IA
    Posts
    2,920
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    There's over 7 billion of us spread over the entire globe. Why is God forced to be limited by boundaries or numbers?
    If God created life all over the place, wouldn't that be a pretty big thing for the Bible to gloss over? Hundreds of pages talking about this one species, on this one planet, not a single mention of "hey by the way, when you guys get around to it take gander at the cool stuff I made on this planet"?
    Obsession Evolution 70# Stormy Hardwoods
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510
    Gold Tip XT Hunters, 452 Grains, Rage Hypodermic

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,393
    This was originally posted by Chasing I believe, but worth a read for any of the Creationists trying to argue against evolution.
    http://www.godofevolution.com/the-to...lution-at-all/

    I'm always amazed when a creationist points to one part of evolution that they don't understand and claims that it not only invalidates the entire theory of evolution, but also then proves biblical creationism ...as if they're opposite sides of the coin. They're not opposite sides of the coin. If the theory of evolution is proven false, the next most likely explanation is the theory with the most evidence ...not the one with no evidence at all.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NE US
    Posts
    34,665
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    I find it ironic that atheists are willing to bend to the laws of probability for other life being present in the universe but refuse to when it comes to a Fine Tuned universe.

    Does the Bible claim that no life exists anywhere else in the universe?
    You couldn't possible figure the probabilities of life occurring from purely natural means. You have no data to extrapolate a probability from, for starters. Hell, in hindsight it seems 100% likely as it stands. That's all we know for sure.
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NE US
    Posts
    34,665
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    Once you make a claim it becomes a doctrine.
    No, it doesn't. And atheism makes no claims. Rejecting a claim (for 1000 good reasons no less) is NOT the same as making a claim. Not even close.
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    15,383
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKMN View Post
    Good luck with that. The theists aren't smart enough to understand this.

    Some of them even further prove they have fecal matter where normal people keep their brains by claiming atheists have a doctrine.
    Are you claiming that atheism, as worldview, doesn't have an intrisic doctrin or that atheists don't have a doctrine or that atheists don't share doctrines?

    Quote Originally Posted by DougKMN View Post
    When the conditions are right, life happens. It doesn't mean there was a "design".
    Eminem has a line about that, "what? You tripped and fell on his....."

    Is there an example of life just happening that we could discuss? Something that would refute the premise of biogenesis?
    Demonstrably false.
    The
    Walk Your Talk

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arden Hills, MN
    Posts
    9,837
    Quote Originally Posted by cobowhntr View Post
    Are you claiming that atheism, as worldview, doesn't have an intrisic doctrin or that atheists don't have a doctrine or that atheists don't share doctrines?


    Eminem has a line about that, "what? You tripped and fell on his....."

    Is there an example of life just happening that we could discuss? Something that would refute the premise of biogenesis?
    Demonstrably false.
    The
    Yes to the first.

    And while they have not been able to go from non living matter to a living organism, they have been able to produce the "building blocks". Far from demonstrably false.
    The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    15,383
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKMN View Post
    Yes to the first.

    And while they have not been able to go from non living matter to a living organism, they have been able to produce the "building blocks". Far from demonstrably false.
    Then you are clearly wrong. Many atheists share a doctrine while atheism doesn't claim a particular doctrine.

    Produce, as in via a designed experiment.?.
    Yet the building blocks are found in abundance in dead stuff, yet life doesn't "just happen". Even bringing things back to life is done through design.

    Would you agree that the conditions are "right" on earth?
    Walk Your Talk

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,764
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgehunter70 View Post
    And the evidence of evolution is youre opinion. How does something like you say, (evolution) know how to place the sun just the right distance from earth and to let it rain just enough for plants and other things to grow. Things flowing in harmony
    This is awesome. Post of the year award to you. Huzzah!
    "Brew your own beer, blow up your TV, kill your own beef, build your own cabin and piss off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it." -Edward Abbey

  20. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by mattawamkeag View Post
    This is awesome. Post of the year award to you. Huzzah!
    And yet this is all I can get.
    proud member of the treelimb assassians
    excuses are words to justify failure
    sword sights and treelimb quivers pro staff

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    13,089
    This is hallarious..
    As the guy said..
    How can athiests be offended by something they don't believe in?


    Oh that's right..
    Because they fear they might get Christian cooties or something.
    "Im a Dapper Dan man"

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern IA
    Posts
    2,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Soocom1 View Post
    This is hallarious..
    As the guy said..
    How can athiests be offended by something they don't believe in?


    Oh that's right..
    Because they fear they might get Christian cooties or something.
    Who said anything about being offended?
    Obsession Evolution 70# Stormy Hardwoods
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510
    Gold Tip XT Hunters, 452 Grains, Rage Hypodermic

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    Who said anything about being offended?
    Well if atheists weren't offended they wouldn't care about a cross being here or their or a football team praying together. By filing lawsuit after lawsuit shows that yes they are offended by something they don't even believe in

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    Who said anything about being offended?
    Ctmartin
    proud member of the treelimb assassians
    excuses are words to justify failure
    sword sights and treelimb quivers pro staff

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arden Hills, MN
    Posts
    9,837
    Quote Originally Posted by PAdorn View Post
    Well if atheists weren't offended they wouldn't care about a cross being here or their or a football team praying together. By filing lawsuit after lawsuit shows that yes they are offended by something they don't even believe in
    Not the cross. The special treatment that Christians have come to expect.

    Your tune would be different if they were putting up Islamic moons or doing Islamic prayers together, but because it is your chosen religion that gets a pass it is ok.
    The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •