Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 320

Thread: This Guy Proves Itís Crazy to Be Atheist With One Simple and Hilarious Question - Tod

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmann View Post
    We need a dictionary. Let's define fact and opinion
    You need to be talking to some of your bretheren then...



  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    If God created life all over the place, wouldn't that be a pretty big thing for the Bible to gloss over? Hundreds of pages talking about this one species, on this one planet, not a single mention of "hey by the way, when you guys get around to it take gander at the cool stuff I made on this planet"?
    Creation wasn't the important part

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster of Xs View Post
    How about the 320000000000000000000000000000 planets out there that AREN'T the right distance from their star, have no rain, no plants and just no life in general? How do you explain that? HMMMM???? :set1thinking:
    have you or any of your scientists traveled to these places? or are you all just using the transit method. maybe you'll catch a glimpse of that micro organism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    First of all, no the evidence is not my opinion, its the evidence. Yes, evidence is interpreted, but when millions of pieces of evidence and study point to the same thing, then no its not "my opinion".

    Now you are doing exactly what he did in the video: evolution has nothing to with the distance that the planet is from the sun. We fit into what is referred to as the "Goldilocks Zone" of which there are hundreds of other planets that fall in the same area from their respective star. And that's just the few we have found in the last couple decades. Earth is not unique.

    The fact that the planet is the distance that is is from the sun is evidence that the earth formed this distance from the sun. Adding some mystical higher meaning to it all is nothing more than a reach to feel special
    so do you not feel special? sorry got no answer for that.
    also- add line i wrote to buster here <insert same statement transit method etc...>
    take away venus and mercury. take away jupiter and tell me you really believe earth would still be where it is today. the solar system we live in was obviously designed. look at how all the planets work together to stay in place and defend from foreign matter flying in (Jupiter)
    heres your dark matter and dark energy in action and now you wana take it away?

    Quote Originally Posted by JimBlake View Post
    Clearly that's proof of intelligent design. When you want to make eggs for example, don't you throw a few trillion eggs all over your house before you put two in a pan to cook them?
    well, when you want to make eggs. kinda. you actually need many chickens in case some dont make eggs.
    if you want to cook eggs however, no, you dont throw them everywhere. that would be making a mess. but maybe if you're jim blake and you like to throw stuff all over the place then.. sure. throw them then eat them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    Will that still be true when extraterrestrial life is discovered? Because its pretty much a certainty that life exists elsewhere. Hell even Mars, another planet in our own solar system, has water on it, and its past could have supported life
    pretty much certainly? its past could have supported life? can you see its past? (and yes i know you are going to tell me based on "evidence" we know there might have been water on mars) honestly i've read and i believe life could have existed on mars.. but thats just as plausible as God creating the universe. you see water as your "evidence" i see this universe as "evidence"
    so many holes in that statement it looks like a firewall.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    Or you could just say, "we don't know for sure yet, we are working on it". Doesn't that make more sense than substituting a deity to fill the gap?
    well, we could. but what would you say? why not say "we dont know for sure yet, we are working on it" instead of claiming God isnt real.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, it makes no mention of it. However, it does state that God created man in his image. Earth was created specifically for mankind. If life exists elsewhere, that would mean that earth, or man, would not be unique in any way.
    this would show your best knowledge now wouldn't it. you're quoting a book of the God you dont believe in.
    i liken your reasoning to an empty pool. nothing there of substance other than the shell that used to hold water.
    find the life elsewhere then we'll address the idea that earth and or man is not unique.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattawamkeag View Post
    No, because I want no part of your particular delusion but you simply won't stop trying to explain to me just how much I really need it. If you and yours would stfu about this stuff you'd never hear another peep out of me. As long as deranged religiopaths such as anybody named Robertson or Reed or Schlafley or Falwell are continuing to harangue and assault the innocent airwaves with their mindless idiocy, I'll keep doing this.
    dont like it? skip the thread and dont post. or keep reading and keep posting. up to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    I'm paraphrasing but - God created the universe and everything in it, including the earth, so that he could create man in his own image and put him on specifically on Earth. Since nowhere in the Bible does it say anything about life outside of earth, that seems pretty concrete that Scripture is saying we are it for life in the universe
    you sure do have some solid concrete there considering your paraphrasing. where in the world did you isogete this part from "Since nowhere in the Bible does it say anything about life outside of earth, that seems pretty concrete that Scripture is saying we are it for life in the universe"
    you sir are obsurd and out of your mind. so because the men that wrote the bible didnt speak about other planets we must be it huh. kind of a weird thought eh? its ok i have weird thoughts sometimes too.
    whats with this "pretty much concrete" and "probably the most factual idea" this is crazy.

    if i watch an ocean documentary and it shows two types of monkeys. does it mean there are only two types of monkeys in the world??
    no, they just didnt address all the other types of monkeys b/c it was not pertinent to their documentary.. dont act like the bible is the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.
    the bible only tells us about things that are important to salvation. to atheists this idea is ridiculous what do you need salvation from?

    guys, there are not just two sides to a coin. if there were, on which side would you flick it to make it spin?
    Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmann View Post
    Creation wasn't the important part
    yay i'm learning to multi quote- even tho i had to quote myself. maybe next time.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,017
    Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmann View Post
    dont like it? skip the thread and dont post. or keep reading and keep posting. up to you.
    Forrest? Forrest Gump? ...is that you, buddy?!
    "Brew your own beer, blow up your TV, kill your own beef, build your own cabin and piss off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it." -Edward Abbey

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by mattawamkeag View Post
    Forrest? Forrest Gump? ...is that you, buddy?!
    momma always said a shrimp sandwich is as a shrimp sandwich does.

    if i've ever come off as being pushy guys.. i'm sorry
    its just because i am pushy. now getcha some Jesus before its too late

    and by the by.. the reason monkeys are in an ocean documentary.. is b/c they are sea monkeys. jk.
    i really meant to type jungle documentary. *edit*

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster of Xs View Post
    Just for the record, atheism isn't an ideology. It doesn't explain at all what an atheist does believe. Not one bit. It only means the atheist doesn't believe just one single claim, the claim that a god exists. That's all atheism is.

    Let's not even get into his hair brained ideas on morality.
    So all this other stuff you guys add to it is....what? You defend atheism so that proves there is more to it than what you claim.
    You all are so adamant that there's nothing to it, but spend copious amounts of time and effort expanding on it that it has indeed become a belief system.
    DNA , Omen, Spyder 30

  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Halifax, MA
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgehunter70 View Post
    And that would be youre opinion.
    your....

    I bet it is the opinion of anyone who understands the theory of evolution down to the building blocks of life it started with.

    And his driving rant made about as much sense as Sister Agnes's rant in CCD about the devil planting dinosaur bones around the world to create doubt in the existence of God, the Catholic religion, and the bible. She was teaching us all that the world was only a few thousand years old and darn me for having the tiny bit of inconvenient information about dinosaurs roaming the earth roughly 65 million years ago. I was asked to not return because I did not have a "moldable personality" that allowed me to believe. I will say that moment I realized they were just snake oil salesman. Just selling a different type of product, one that didn't even have to exist.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by richl35 View Post
    I will say that moment I realized they were just snake oil salesman. Just selling a different type of product, one that didn't even have to exist.
    those blasted snake oil salesman always ruining creationism.

    where did those building blocks of life come from rich?

  9. #109
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Halifax, MA
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmann View Post
    those blasted snake oil salesman always ruining creationism.

    where did those building blocks of life come from rich?
    If I have to explain that to you then you're one of the people who think he makes sense in his driving rant.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by richl35 View Post
    your....

    I bet it is the opinion of anyone who understands the theory of evolution down to the building blocks of life it started with.

    And his driving rant made about as much sense as Sister Agnes's rant in CCD about the devil planting dinosaur bones around the world to create doubt in the existence of God, the Catholic religion, and the bible. She was teaching us all that the world was only a few thousand years old and darn me for having the tiny bit of inconvenient information about dinosaurs roaming the earth roughly 65 million years ago. I was asked to not return because I did not have a "moldable personality" that allowed me to believe. I will say that moment I realized they were just snake oil salesman. Just selling a different type of product, one that didn't even have to exist.

    You sound like the snake to me. Your story doesn't ring true.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    You sound like the snake to me. Your story doesn't ring true.
    i believe he is verbalizing a scene from a movie introduction about someone who hates believers b/c they were beaten in catholic school.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmann View Post
    i believe he is verbalizing a scene from a movie introduction about someone who hates believers b/c they were beaten in catholic school.
    That sounds closer to the truth.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by richl35 View Post
    your....

    I bet it is the opinion of anyone who understands the theory of evolution down to the building blocks of life it started with.

    And his driving rant made about as much sense as Sister Agnes's rant in CCD about the devil planting dinosaur bones around the world to create doubt in the existence of God, the Catholic religion, and the bible. She was teaching us all that the world was only a few thousand years old and darn me for having the tiny bit of inconvenient information about dinosaurs roaming the earth roughly 65 million years ago. I was asked to not return because I did not have a "moldable personality" that allowed me to believe. I will say that moment I realized they were just snake oil salesman. Just selling a different type of product, one that didn't even have to exist.
    Well tell us about the building blocks of nature and how evolution without intelligent design made it happen.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Halifax, MA
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    You sound like the snake to me. Your story doesn't ring true.
    See.. the reason why a true Atheist wouldn't waste his time trying to modify the behavior of a true person with faith is because they realize that their faith is a conditioning of sort. They have been conditioned to have a faith in a God. There entire life they have been openly accepting of all things being as they are because their God, their creator wanted it that way. Science will never prove anything to a true person of faith because their answer to absolutely everything is that it is because God wanted it so. No matter the absurdity it will always be the answer... You can't do anything but accept that they will believe. That's why they call it faith.

    By the way to an Athiest a snake contains no symbolism. It's just a snake..

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    15,008
    True atheist......is he also a Scotsman?
    Your last post,#114, undermines much of any of your credibility.
    Walk Your Talk

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by richl35 View Post
    See.. the reason why a true Atheist wouldn't waste his time trying to modify the behavior of a true person with faith is because they realize that their faith is a conditioning of sort. They have been conditioned to have a faith in a God. There entire life they have been openly accepting of all things being as they are because their God, their creator wanted it that way. Science will never prove anything to a true person of faith because their answer to absolutely everything is that it is because God wanted it so. No matter the absurdity it will always be the answer... You can't do anything but accept that they will believe. That's why they call it faith.

    By the way to an Athiest a snake contains no symbolism. It's just a snake..
    how do you explain people who grew up in atheist homes then turned to God. wheres their conditioning?

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by richl35 View Post
    See.. the reason why a true Atheist wouldn't waste his time trying to modify the behavior of a true person with faith is because they realize that their faith is a conditioning of sort. They have been conditioned to have a faith in a God. There entire life they have been openly accepting of all things being as they are because their God, their creator wanted it that way. Science will never prove anything to a true person of faith because their answer to absolutely everything is that it is because God wanted it so. No matter the absurdity it will always be the answer... You can't do anything but accept that they will believe. That's why they call it faith.

    By the way to an Athiest a snake contains no symbolism. It's just a snake..
    So your position requires no faith? My life has conditioned me to have faith in what I believe in just like yours does.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by richl35 View Post
    your....

    I bet it is the opinion of anyone who understands the theory of evolution down to the building blocks of life it started with.
    What building blocks are you talking about? Your faith talking again. I've never seen a block take a breath.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmann View Post
    how do you explain people who grew up in atheist homes then turned to God. wheres their conditioning?
    Same reason a person who grew up in a house with working parents can end up on welfare, some people just can't get by on their own.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by richl35 View Post
    Science will never prove anything to a true person of faith because their answer to absolutely everything is that it is because God wanted it so.
    Science proves that life as we know it did not exist billions of years ago but life sure does exist now... Go figure.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    15,008
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBlake View Post
    Same reason a person who grew up in a house with working parents can end up on welfare, some people just can't get by on their own.
    Or maybe a financial person was greedy and sold them out or maybe they simply got sick.

    Anyhow, is your answer sufficient for all cases or just those that can't cope. Or can we all simply not cope?
    Walk Your Talk

  22. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBlake View Post
    Same reason a person who grew up in a house with working parents can end up on welfare, some people just can't get by on their own.
    no one can get by on their own

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    15,008
    Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmann View Post
    no one can get by on their own
    you know, cause you didn't build that............
    Walk Your Talk

  24. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by rattus58 View Post
    Well tell us about the building blocks of nature and how evolution without intelligent design made it happen.
    Yeah im curious about that as well
    proud member of the treelimb assassians
    excuses are words to justify failure
    sword sights and treelimb quivers pro staff

  25. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmann View Post
    how do you explain people who grew up in atheist homes then turned to God. wheres their conditioning?
    This is getting good
    proud member of the treelimb assassians
    excuses are words to justify failure
    sword sights and treelimb quivers pro staff

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •