a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: ASA shooters/campers i've got a question for you

ASA shooters/campers i've got a question for you

My son will be graduating from boot camp at Ft.Benning next year and I was thinking about pulling my camper down.So what are some good campgrounds in the area?

Bee Stinger Shooting Staff,Black Eagle Arrows Shooting Staff,
    Stan Shooting Staff,Strict 9 Strings Shooting Staff,Twisted Tine Archery Staff,Trophy Blend Deer Scent

Fort Benning has it's own but you have to be military or have a military sponsor. That would be your best bet. I am wanting to know what the best spot would be for someone without the military sponsor?
    06' Hoyt Ultra Elite
    13' Mathews Monster Chill (Son's)
    13' Bear Apprentice 2 (Son's)
    Mathews Genesis (Son's)

I would think since your son is at Ft Benning that would qualify you to stay at the campgrounds

Quote Originally Posted by ba3darcher View Post
    I would think since your son is at Ft Benning that would qualify you to stay at the campgrounds
    I wonder how many can stay? My sister-in-law are wanting to go and take their trailer also
    Bee Stinger Shooting Staff,Black Eagle Arrows Shooting Staff,
    Stan Shooting Staff,Strict 9 Strings Shooting Staff,Twisted Tine Archery Staff,Trophy Blend Deer Scent

Quote Originally Posted by wsbark01 View Post
    Fort Benning has it's own but you have to be military or have a military sponsor. That would be your best bet. I am wanting to know what the best spot would be for someone without the military sponsor?
    I dont think thats the rule for the tournament though
    In God we Trust all others pay CASH

I message from my phone...so posts are short and sweet . No need for grammar , figure it out man.

Quote Originally Posted by bhtr3d View Post
    I dont think thats the rule for the tournament though
    Awesome! So when I call I just need to ask if that's the case during the tournament?
    06' Hoyt Ultra Elite
    Mathews Genesis (Son's)

Weird I was stationed at fort campbell, ky and to camp or use the cabins there was no need for a sponsor. 90% sure the civilians were the ones that used them most of the time lol
    Elite/Hoyt

We have pulled a camper down there the last two years and haven't been asked for a military ID once. Really good experience both times and a great facility. They do have cabins that from what I was told very reasonable rates. Hope this helps. And we were shooting the asa tournament.
    I shoot because I love the feeling of success, although I haven't succeeded yet!!!!!

If you cannot get a campsite there, there is an Army Corps of Engineers campground about a 10 min drive south of Ft Benning called "Uchee Creek Campground". They have electric and water at each site along with a desgnated seperate dump site for sewage. It is located right on the Chatahoochie River, and charge somewhere around $15/night. The also have restroom/shower buildinga at various locations.

ASA shooters/campers i've got a question for you

Quote Originally Posted by kempcrete View Post
    We have pulled a camper down there the last two years and haven't been asked for a military ID once. Really good experience both times and a great facility. They do have cabins that from what I was told very reasonable rates. Hope this helps. And we were shooting the asa tournament.
    I will have to check it out and call them back! Thanks!
    06' Hoyt Ultra Elite
    Mathews Genesis (Son's)

Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter View Post
    If you cannot get a campsite there, there is an Army Corps of Engineers campground about a 10 min drive south of Ft Benning called "Uchee Creek Campground". They have electric and water at each site along with a desgnated seperate dump site for sewage. It is located right on the Chatahoochie River, and charge somewhere around $15/night. The also have restroom/shower buildinga at various locations.
    I will check it out if Ft. benning doesn't work out! Thanks!
    06' Hoyt Ultra Elite
    Mathews Genesis (Son's)

Ya best to call uchee creek for lodging first.....cabins or campers.....
    In God we Trust all others pay CASH

I message from my phone...so posts are short and sweet . No need for grammar , figure it out man.

I too would like to stay on sight but I called the campground office last year and they told me you had to be military to use the campground. But then other people say you don't. I would like to know the truth and who to call for reservations during the shoot.
    G5 Prime Pro Staff
    Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff
    Monster Calls & Scents Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by bhtr3d View Post
    Ya best to call uchee creek for lodging first.....cabins or campers.....
    I looked back over some notes and uchee creek is who I called and they said I needed to be military. Also, I just looked at last years ASA book and it says in there that you have to have military id.
    06' Hoyt Ultra Elite
    Mathews Genesis (Son's)

wsbark01 --- Sorry pard,my bad, The Army Corps of Engineers campground is called their "Bluff Creek Campground" --- NOT "Uchee Creek Campground. I guess I had one of my "senior citizen moments"

Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter View Post
    wsbark01 --- Sorry pard,my bad, The Army Corps of Engineers campground is called their "Bluff Creek Campground" --- NOT "Uchee Creek Campground. I guess I had one of my "senior citizen moments"
    K thanks! I will check it out!
    06' Hoyt Ultra Elite
    Mathews Genesis (Son's)

Look into Florence Marine State Park Its about 20 minutes away its a great camp ground and great folks that camp host there. I should know they are my parents.... They also have cabins.. Its in Ga..If you need any more info let me know... Watch for the Bust'n Nocks Archery team we will be there.

Eufaula also has a state park, but its about 30mins south..