a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Tuning Help

Tuning Help

I have a tuning question that y'all may be able to help me out with. I am new to bow tuning and I have a Bowtech General that I just had new strings put on. I shot some arrows through paper to check the tune. I have perfect to near perfect tears at 5 yds, but the arrow is not exactly level on the bow at rest. I am not sure if it is level or not at full draw. What adjustments should I make if any if I am getting good tears on paper? Thanks

so its not broke and you want to fix it? Its shooting a ole through paper how much better do you want it in your young career of shooting a bow or bow tuning. level on the bow? like knocking point to high or low? please explain.

Back to a Maxxis.
    HOYT
    Wish I had a 34 Nitrum with spirals
    Hoyt please send me a free bow.

The knocking point is slightly high but i have shot it through paper at various distances inside 5 yd and my arrows are making good holes. I have decided to leave the bow alone for now like you said if it aint broke. I was just trying to figure out what is more important. a level arrow or consistent tears on paper.

Check the timing on the bow. The General is a binary cam system, you should be able to get good paper tears with a level arrow, because both cams are synced to one another, if your arrow is tuning nock high your bottom cam may be advancing faster than the top cam thus having to compensate for that in your nock height. Just a thought.
    2011 Bowtech Destroyer 350 @ 28.5" 65#/ CBE Tek Hybrid 3 pin .010/ Ripcord/ Gold Tip Velocity 7595 423 Gr/ NAP Killzones/ Carter Just B Cuz
    Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings
    Team #18 - Team Deadlock

have you broadhead or bareshaft tuned?
    2011 Bowtech Destroyer 350 @ 28.5" 65#/ CBE Tek Hybrid 3 pin .010/ Ripcord/ Gold Tip Velocity 7595 423 Gr/ NAP Killzones/ Carter Just B Cuz
    Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings
    Team #18 - Team Deadlock

No I have not tried to bare shaft our broad head tune yet