New Samic Sage breakin

Thread: New Samic Sage breakin

New Samic Sage breakin

I took delivery on my new Samic Sage #45 today and wasted no time in applying the rug and plate. Right now I have it strung and the brace height at 6.5 just to stretch out the flemish twist string. As I understand it the brace height should be from 7.5 to 8.5 so being a middle of the road kind of guy I intend to start with a brace height of 7.75 and see where things go from there. I am guessing that I should let the string stretch for at least 24 hours before even attempting to establish a temporary knocking point. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I just got mine in 50# yesterday and set brace height to 8, set a nock point 1\4 over level and it's slinging arrows straight and hard

3. I find a brace height of 7.5 with the nock 5/8 above center does very well and quiets the bow way down.

Keep it coming, guys. Just purchased 4 units for me and my kids. I want to know what what is the best settings for 30#, 35# and 40#. Thanks for posting!

I have 25# limbs and I just went through a micro tuning session last night focusing on brace height, and because of the low draw weight, I cranked that bad boy up to 8.5" to get a much quieter and nice arrow flight. Very straight shots zinging out now. I also have bowjax string silencers, and slimjax limb dampeners. Only thing left is to quiet down the string slapp. I'm looking into getting some calf hair on the tips, or do the bow hush/wool yarn wrap on the end servings. Sorry, tangent, anyway its a great bow and awesome for beginners. I was hitting 3 inch groups last night from 15 yards.

Oh and my nock height is about 1/2" above center.

Quote Originally Posted by 782gear View Post
    I took delivery on my new Samic Sage #45 today and wasted no time in applying the rug and plate. Right now I have it strung and the brace height at 6.5 just to stretch out the flemish twist string. As I understand it the brace height should be from 7.5 to 8.5 so being a middle of the road kind of guy I intend to start with a brace height of 7.75 and see where things go from there. I am guessing that I should let the string stretch for at least 24 hours before even attempting to establish a temporary knocking point. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    There's nothing wrong going straight to the recommended brace height. The string will stretch a little and will stop stretching in a few days.