a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Study: The Lower Troposphere Has Not Warmed In The Last 26 Years

Study: The Lower Troposphere Has Not Warmed In The Last 26 Years

Interesting and telling article on satellite data on global warming or should I say the lack of global warming over the last 26 years. This is data based on actual observation, not one of the contrived climate change computer models programmed and manipulated to show what it's authors want it so show. But of course the UN IPCC chooses to ignore such data and stick to the models programmed to show what they want it to show. They choose to ignore the current lack of warming. Why would that be? Because there is governmental policy to be manipulated to extort developed countries to support underdeveloped countries by sticking to the warming mantra. Part of that whole social justice thing the UN is so big on. And don't forget, there is money to be made in doing so.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/02/st...last-26-years/

Be REEZENable

this is what you do about Global Warming

While I'm not really a supporter of global warming... you have bought into the same crap the other side has.

We are talking about a scale of thousands of years. 20-30 years won't even show up in the graph.

If you look at climte study information...we are actually on a cool spot right now. The earth's temp constantly rises and falls since it's beginning. It's gonna get a lot warmer here in the next few thousand years.
    I tried to add a signature but my pen ruined the screen

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Chick View Post
    While I'm not really a supporter of global warming... you have bought into the same crap the other side has.

We are talking about a scale of thousands of years. 20-30 years won't even show up in the graph.

If this is so, why would only a few years more (since the 1940s) and a rise of only 1.3deg. Centigrade in a century-and-a-half be cause for such alarm?
    Parfois, on fait pas semblant!
    (Sometimes, it is not pretend!)

The climate is always changing and man can't stop it or predicted it.

A few extra volcano's blowing their top and we could be in trouble.

Yellow Stone blow and we'll see all this global warming crap do a 180°

Mount Tambora blew off in 1815 and 1816 was the “year without a summer.”

It's all about Money and control. Al Gore made a very good living off of it. Till he had back trouble and needed a massage.

More evidence it's all a con job.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-FREE-now.html

warming is settle science, so stop being tone deaf and save the children by participating in all wealth redistribution activities. You're on the wrong side of history, we all must do something even if it doesn't actually address the problem.

Sorry, that's about as much of the liberal propaganda that I can remember this early in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by rattus58 View Post
    Well Ratt. I see your a man of action!!!

if I ever get to the islands.. We need beer and beach...

Cool?
    err.. warm?
    "Im a Dapper Dan man"

Quote Originally Posted by Salbo1 View Post
    Yeah how dare we try and make the planet better. I want to burn my fossil fuels dammit
    Obsession Evolution 70# Stormy Hardwoods
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510
    Gold Tip XT Hunters, 452 Grains, Rage Hypodermic

Quote Originally Posted by Stick12 View Post
    Yeah how dare we try and make the planet better. I want to burn my fossil fuels dammit

Prevent oil spills by burning it all FTW.

The Ice pack is at its highest it has been in years at the North Pole... this global warming crap is nothing but a political farce to control humans...it is what progressives do.... friggin' dolts !!
    Liberalism is a mental disorder

Quote Originally Posted by I like Meat View Post
    The Ice pack is at its highest it has been in years at the North Pole... this global warming crap is nothing but a political farce to control humans...it is what progressives do.... friggin' dolts !!
    The science behind man made climate change was hijacked by political BS. Why would you want to continue polluting the planet?
    Obsession Evolution 70# Stormy Hardwoods
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510
    Gold Tip XT Hunters, 452 Grains, Rage Hypodermic

The science behind man made climate change was hijacked by political BS. Why would you want to continue polluting the planet?
    Here's the problem: What defines 'pollution'? Apparently the EPA and IPCC can define it arbitrarily any way that they want, including simply designating naturally occurring elements as pollution.

And the 'why' of pollution is very essential. Modernization tends to create a healthier environment for human habitation with fewer diseases. Electricity, wells, and modern plumbing have done MUCH to help create a better habitation for people. So why 'pollute'? Because it can actually IMPROVE things.

That's also why we actually need real evaluation of the risks/benefits of different types of environmental discharge, rather than a bunch of hype about raising the seas 20' and killing cute polar bear cubs. It's just like the debate that surrounded DDT in the 70's. Malaria was being controlled effectively in many places because of DDT, but hype brought about the banning of the most effective means of controlling the mosquitoes that carry malaria. Was the trade-off worth it? It's hard to know because of the 'political BS' that you noted above that surrounded the issue.

Unfortunately, if a person simply calls for a more objective, less emotionally charged discussion of things like coal, oil, etc., then he is almost immediately labeled a 'denier' or 'hater' of the environment.
    Vicit agnus noster eum sequamur

Quote Originally Posted by rn3 View Post
    Math time:

Dr Veit Helm and other glaciologists at the Alfred Wegener Institute’s Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research in Bremerhaven, Germany, report in the journal The Cryosphere that, between them, the two ice sheets are now losing ice at the unprecedented rate of 500 cubic kilometres a year.
    Ok so the Cube root of 500 is 22.360 Km. in each direction.
    Now that is the equivalent on the Z axis of 13.89 miles.

Lets divide that number by two because its both poles. That's still 6.9 miles. Well that number seems a bit off as well.

Third: Again lets spread that over the whole of each surface area.

From Wiki:
    Earth's north pole is covered by floating pack ice (sea ice) over the Arctic Ocean. Portions of the ice that do not melt seasonally can get very thick, up to 3–4 meters thick over large areas, with ridges up to 20 meters thick. One-year ice is usually about 1 meter thick. The area covered by sea ice ranges between 9 and 12 million km². In addition, the Greenland ice sheet covers about 1.71 million km² and contains about 2.6 million km³ of ice. When the ice breaks off (calves) it forms icebergs scattered around the northern Atlantic.[2]

According to the National Snow and Ice Data Center, "since 1979, winter Arctic ice extent has decreased about 4.2 percent per decade". Both 2008 and 2009 had a minimum Arctic sea ice extent somewhat above that of 2007. At other times of the year the ice extent is still sometimes near the 1979–2000 average, as in April 2010, by the data from the National Snow and Ice Data Center.[3]
    So that number is then further reduced (layers of an onion ya know). To about 1 inch thick or less.

MMMMMMmmmmmmm.
    Seems that there isn't any great increase or decrease then. This number looks like the average that would be found with the blowing of the wind.

That deep. As in from surface to bottom. OK. Well, because we know that's not the case that the S. Polar ice is 13 miles deep, lets say we spread all this across the total of the area as a whole.
    "Im a Dapper Dan man"

This is true. It has become impossible to talk about the issues from a scientific standpoint. Too many talking heads and too much emotion and politics for people to have a level head about it.

Not to mention, most of the steps we could take to reduce our impact are politically and economically charged topics.

I have giving up talking about climate change in any detail with people because of the crap that obfuscates the realities, and there is other stuff I care more about.

Quote Originally Posted by Soocom1 View Post
    Well Ratt. I see your a man of action!!!

if I ever get to the islands.. We need beer and beach...

Cool?
    err.. warm?
    Always welcome... and westside beaches.... well... eastside they aint got no threads fer them colorful suits... but they got great smiles... kehena_beach_011.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by chasing View Post
    This is true. It has become impossible to talk about the issues from a scientific standpoint. Too many talking heads and too much emotion and politics for people to have a level head about it.

Not to mention, most of the steps we could take to reduce our impact are politically and economically charged topics.

I have giving up talking about climate change in any detail with people because of the crap that obfuscates the realities, and there is other stuff I care more about.
    Amen.
    "Brew your own beer, blow up your TV, kill your own beef, build your own cabin and piss off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it." -Edward Abbey

Why talk of climate change then when there is no evidence of man being the reason... and in fact is a political issue.... clean air is something else.... but then you have the inebriated suggesting co2 causes asthma in blacks... and the like... hahahaha... and that smoke can't cross a stateline without a tax??? Go for it Chasing if you must... but the science ..... is laughable.

Why talk of climate change then when there is no evidence of man being the reason... and in fact is a political issue.... clean air is something else.... but then you have the inebriated suggesting co2 causes asthma in blacks... and the like... hahahaha... and that smoke can't cross a stateline without a tax??? Go for it Chasing if you must... but the science ..... is laughable.

What?

Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 11.26.08 AM.jpg

What?

Tell me more about black asthma...
    Oh... you haven't heard the latest EPA..... Well it's actually black carbon particulate they is talking about, but ... http://thehayride.com/2014/08/epa-co...ce-for-blacks/

Oh... you haven't heard the latest EPA..... Well it's actually black carbon particulate they is talking about, but ... http://thehayride.com/2014/08/epa-co...ce-for-blacks/
    That article is funny. What makes you think the EPA or any environmentally guised political agenda is important to me? The point of the post of mine that you quoted was that I DON'T like the fact the issue of climate change has gotten wiped out by politics.

That article is funny. What makes you think the EPA or any environmentally guised political agenda is important to me? The point of the post of mine that you quoted was that I DON'T like the fact the issue of climate change has gotten wiped out by politics.
    I think he thinks like me Chasing....Climate Change is a farce and has been nothing but a politically motivated money grab. Climate Change has been prevalent since the dawn of the earth. Weather and Climate patterns are definitely cyclical and have been since man started recording history and our historical records based on fossil study. We go through years of wet and years of drought...we go through years of higher temps and lower temps.. It was a political statement made in the 70's during an energy crisis that was intended to scare us into less reliance on fossil fuels and to spur research into alternative fuel sources.
    Venison its whats for dinner
    "BREATHN Tuned" Stevens Prevailer 28.5" DL 70lbs .300 spine Black Eagle Rampages 434 Grain @ 291 FPS. Limb Driver, Hindsight Equalizer, Trophyridge Micro Alpha V5, B-stinger 10.25", Scott Sabertooth, Slicktrick Razortricks and Steelforce Phatheads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast