a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 55

Thread: Study: The Lower Troposphere Has Not Warmed In The Last 26 Years

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowfinger2.0 View Post
    It's all about Money and control. Al Gore made a very good living off of it. Till he had back trouble and needed a massage.
    I'm sure Al Gore cares so much about global warming that he travels the world in a private jet....



    It's easy to make money in the stock market when you control the regulations that the government comes up with.


  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by chasing View Post
    That article is funny. What makes you think the EPA or any environmentally guised political agenda is important to me? The point of the post of mine that you quoted was that I DON'T like the fact the issue of climate change has gotten wiped out by politics.
    You said we could reduce the impact of climate change.... that is what I was targeting....

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,178
    Quote Originally Posted by MN_Chick View Post
    While I'm not really a supporter of global warming... you have bought into the same crap the other side has.

    We are talking about a scale of thousands of years. 20-30 years won't even show up in the graph.
    I have not bought into any 'crap'. The important points are not 20 something years. The important points are the blind adherence to questionable computer climate model results even when observable data shows otherwise. Setting public policy based on someones idea of social justice instead of reality. A regulatory body setting rules based on justifications they can't possibly support in fact. The time frame of twenty six years of no warming is only meaningful in that it directly contradicts the current incendiary claims of the alarmists.
    Be REEZENable

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The real NY, 250 miles NW of Manhattan
    Posts
    13,478
    OK, the Daily Caller, yay! Maybe they'll have some Pelosi funny pics so I can get my full redneck on!

    But, oh crap, there are facts involved, and unfortunately they don't support the oil companies you guys serve:


    Previously reported discrepancies between the amount of warming near the surface and higher in the atmosphere have been used to challenge the reliability of climate models and the reality of human-induced global warming... This significant discrepancy no longer exists because errors in the satellite and radiosonde data have been identified and corrected. New data sets have also been developed that do not show such discrepancies."
    Go have a good read.

    You guys really should know better than to read a conservative rag and expect anything remotely resembling responsible reporting. GW is a real thing, and your grandchildren might not survive it, so use your heads.
    With a pair of heavy-duty zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    13,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    OK, the Daily Caller, yay! Maybe they'll have some Pelosi funny pics so I can get my full redneck on!

    But, oh crap, there are facts involved, and unfortunately they don't support the oil companies you guys serve:



    Go have a good read.

    You guys really should know better than to read a conservative rag and expect anything remotely resembling responsible reporting. GW is a real thing, and your grandchildren might not survive it, so use your heads.
    Whatever..
    "Im a Dapper Dan man"

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The real NY, 250 miles NW of Manhattan
    Posts
    13,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Soocom1 View Post
    Whatever..
    Yeah the heck with the facts, you've made up your mind!

    Dinner bell's ringing, nighty night Sooc!
    With a pair of heavy-duty zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    13,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    Yeah the heck with the facts, you've made up your mind!

    Dinner bell's ringing, nighty night Sooc!
    Facts are subjective especially by those who make them up.
    "Im a Dapper Dan man"

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,947
    Quote Originally Posted by rattus58 View Post
    You said we could reduce the impact of climate change.... that is what I was targeting....
    We can certainly use the prominence of the argument to make a case for reducing the impact of pollution on our daily lives. But if pollution isn't a concern of yours, I completely understand.
    "Brew your own beer, blow up your TV, kill your own beef, build your own cabin and piss off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it." -Edward Abbey

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cullbuckville, Illinois
    Posts
    6,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    OK, the Daily Caller, yay! Maybe they'll have some Pelosi funny pics so I can get my full redneck on!

    But, oh crap, there are facts involved, and unfortunately they don't support the oil companies you guys serve:

    Go have a good read.

    You guys really should know better than to read a conservative rag and expect anything remotely resembling responsible reporting. GW is a real thing, and your grandchildren might not survive it, so use your heads.
    Such a typical liberal post. Dismissive, alarmist, full of opinion, short on evidence, and with a healthy dose of superiority complex thrown in for good measure. "Settled science!". "Save the children!". "Evil Capitalists!".


    Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    Yeah the heck with the facts, you've made up your mind!
    I have not made up my mind about the causes and human impact upon climate change. That's because there are too few facts and far too many mistakes, incorrect predictions, shady characters making huge money, and fear mongering propaganda campaigns from both sides to be certain of anything. The one thing I have made up my mind about is that the AGW movement is making some very rich people even richer and for some reason liberals seem to be eating out of their hands.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    nothern new jersey
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by rattus58 View Post
    I'll give a big H*LL YEAH!! to that. Lol

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The real NY, 250 miles NW of Manhattan
    Posts
    13,478
    Quote Originally Posted by JC-XT View Post
    Such a typical liberal post. Dismissive, alarmist, full off opinion, short on evidence, and with a healthy dose of superiority complex thrown in for good measure. "Settled science!". "Save the children!"




    I have not made up my mind about the causes and human impact upon climate change. That's because there are too few facts and far too many mistakes, incorrect predictions, shady characters making huge money, and fear mongering propaganda campaigns from both sides to be certain of anything. The one thing I have made up my mind about is that the AGW movement is making some very rich people even richer and for some reason liberals seem to be eating out of their hands.
    Actually, my post brings the facts, and the facts are well known, and everybody except the oil companies agrees. I get being a party loyalist (actually I don't), but it's your grandchildren that will pay the price.
    With a pair of heavy-duty zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    13,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    Actually, my post brings the facts, and the facts are well known, and everybody except the oil companies agrees. I get being a party loyalist (actually I don't), but it's your grandchildren that will pay the price.
    Whatever
    "Im a Dapper Dan man"

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    Actually, my post brings the facts, and the facts are well known, and everybody except the oil companies agrees. I get being a party loyalist (actually I don't), but it's your grandchildren that will pay the price.
    Your post brings the facts?! Facts according to who, one climate blogger? I am not denying that author's blog, he may have his credentials, but that does not make it the last word. (Oh, I really like the little graphic on the number of Hiroshima bombs worth of heat our climate has accumulated. Now that's real relevant science there)

    You take a shot at the article I posted as being from a conservative source ergo the information about the study must be from a conservative. Well, the study discussed in the article on troposphere measurements comes from a Canadian academic. You can't get much more liberal than that! Here is something the author of the study, Ross McKitrick, also says on his site, and it makes a lot of sense:


    THE GLOBAL WARMING HIATUS, aka DISCREPANCY

    I have a column today (June 17 2014) in the Financial Post on the widening discrepancy between models and observations. The talk of the "pause" in global warming is somewhat misplaced, since a pause is not out of place amidst a long term upward trend. What is out of place is an extended pause just where models predict a sharp rise. That's the issue that merits attention, both for the scientific issues it gives rise to, and also the potential policy implications.


    But so liberal sensitivities don't get too bruised, here is a link to McKitrick's site, sans the Daily Caller, so you can read for yourself:

    http://www.rossmckitrick.com/index.html
    Be REEZENable

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    1,406
    Ross McKitrich may be Canadian but he is not a liberal. He is a member or on advisory boards for a number of conservative groups and think tanks including http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornwall_Alliance
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
    — Dr. Seuss (The Lorax)

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    Actually, my post brings the facts, and the facts are well known, and everybody except the oil companies agrees. I get being a party loyalist (actually I don't), but it's your grandchildren that will pay the price.

    I'd say your post is an example of trolling. You have demonstrated that you have very few facts at your disposal while having a seemingly boundless desire to troll.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cullbuckville, Illinois
    Posts
    6,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    Actually, my post brings the facts, and the facts are well known, and everybody except the oil companies agrees. I get being a party loyalist (actually I don't), but it's your grandchildren that will pay the price.
    I'm not loyal to any party, I share as many liberal viewpoints as I do conservative. I think politicians on both sides of the aisle are hypocritical and corrupt and I vote on issues and for individuals rather than who has an R or a D by their name.

    If the climate change machine wants my backing they need less focus on propaganda and funneling money and contracts to billionaire investors and more focus on providing real evidence and accurate predictions.

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by mattawamkeag View Post
    We can certainly use the prominence of the argument to make a case for reducing the impact of pollution on our daily lives. But if pollution isn't a concern of yours, I completely understand.
    You obviously don't get it..... Carbon Rules don't target pollution, they target the pocket book. I live in pollution..... we have an acid rain, ash particulate atmosphere and vog that has ruined the health of thousands.... does that twitchy witch of 0bamas go after that? Nooooooo she goes after you.... and its for the Blacks you know.... 0bama's constituency... no matter he claims Chicago his home after growing up a Commie in Hawaii.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,178
    More on satellite data diverging from climate models:

    Global Warming Slowdown: The View from Space
    http://www.drroyspencer.com/2013/04/...ew-from-space/

    Quoted:
    "Clearly, there is increasing divergence over the years between the satellite observations (UAH, RSS) and the (climate) models.
    Be REEZENable

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,947
    Quote Originally Posted by rattus58 View Post
    You obviously don't get it..... Carbon Rules don't target pollution, they target the pocket book. I live in pollution..... we have an acid rain, ash particulate atmosphere and vog that has ruined the health of thousands.... does that twitchy witch of 0bamas go after that? Nooooooo she goes after you.... and its for the Blacks you know.... 0bama's constituency... no matter he claims Chicago his home after growing up a Commie in Hawaii.
    You just made the least sense ever. I'd like to reduce pollution, why is that 'not getting it'?
    "Brew your own beer, blow up your TV, kill your own beef, build your own cabin and piss off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it." -Edward Abbey

  20. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by mattawamkeag View Post
    You just made the least sense ever. I'd like to reduce pollution, why is that 'not getting it'?
    What are you trying to reduce Matt?

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,334
    Quote Originally Posted by rattus58 View Post
    What are you trying to reduce Matt?
    Are you hoping he says CO2 so you can make a big scene about how it's not 'poison'?

  22. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by chasing View Post
    Are you hoping he says CO2 so you can make a big scene about how it's not 'poison'?
    What? It isn't, nor a pollutant, nor harmful in the atmosphere, nor any number of other examples but the carbon rules ARE POISON.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,334
    Quote Originally Posted by rattus58 View Post
    What? It isn't, nor a pollutant, nor harmful in the atmosphere, nor any number of other examples but the carbon rules ARE POISON.
    Well, I think I am around here too much...I know what you're going to say before you say it

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by chasing View Post
    Well, I think I am around here too much...I know what you're going to say before you say it
    Oh??? How so... you bring up a red herring and declare yourself a fisherman? Hahahahahha

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,334
    Quote Originally Posted by rattus58 View Post
    Oh??? How so... you bring up a red herring and declare yourself a fisherman? Hahahahahha
    How so? Because every GW thread that pops up gets the same treatment from you. You have said that exact same thing no less than 10 times that I have seen, and rarely is it congruent with the post you reply to it with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •