a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Mathews Heli M bottom cam lean

Mathews Heli M bottom cam lean

I have a buddy who bought a used Mathews heli M. He has been shooting it but it's actually de-railed on him twice now. He asked me if I would change the string on it since the string was damaged before he bought it. it's now become unsafe imo to keep shooting. While looking it over I noticed some pretty decent cam lean at the bottom. I put an arrow against the cam to see how bad (pics below) it was.

Anyway, Because he bought it used he has no warranty from Mathews to get new limbs. My next thought would be to maybe try a limb swap. Initially I thought the Axle may have been bent but I put in on my press and removed the bottom cam and it looked okay.

Is there any way to reduce bottom cam lean in a solo cam without either replacing the limbs or doing a limb swap. If I put the bottom twisting limb on the top I will hope to tune out the lean I'm now giving the idler by twisting the yokes. Am I missing something in my thinking here?

I'll post some pics and get your thoughts on the lean. As you can see when I put the arrow on the right bottom side of the cam it comes all the way across the string to stick out about a 1/4 of an inch at the nocking point on left side. I am just looking for suggestions for what's best for my buddy here as he's got a very tight budget..

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 Elite Energy 35
    IQ Bow Sight Pro Staff

Bump.. Any thoughts?
    2014 Elite Energy 35
    IQ Bow Sight Pro Staff

Look up nut & bolts... The guys a genius and even has been successful in tuning an Apex 7. He loves giving advice.

Verify that the string and cable are the correct length. You need to be with-in an 1/8 or so. A short cable can cause some lean. The check is easy enough and cost nothing.

Nock Point Archery