Thread: It will all be alright, terrorists are on the run across the world.......

Arrow It will all be alright, terrorists are on the run across the world.......

Or so bo said recently.........but the reality is much different:

Islamist militias in Libya took control of nearly a dozen commercial jetliners last month, and western intelligence agencies recently issued a warning that the jets could be used in terrorist attacks across North Africa.

Intelligence reports of the stolen jetliners were distributed within the U.S. government over the past two weeks and included a warning that one or more of the aircraft could be used in an attack later this month on the date marking the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks against New York and Washington, said U.S. officials familiar with the report.

“There are a number of commercial airliners in Libya that are missing,” said one official. “We found out on September 11 what can happen with hijacked planes.”

Tuesday, news broke that the Islamic State had released a “Second Message to America” in the form of an Internet video in which it claimed it had brutally murdered another American journalist, Steven Sotloff.

It’s almost impossible to put into words the horror of it. One can only hope that the people who sympathize with the Islamic State aren’t the only ones now motivated to do something. But recent events don’t offer much encouragement.

Most tellingly, Fox News' James Rosen asked State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki the question Tuesday that many of us have had on our minds:

“A lot of Americans are sitting at home and they see Americans who are not even combatants, but who are journalists, being beheaded by this group overseas. From a common sense point of view, the average American will say to himself, ‘This group is at war with us. Why does our president or our secretary of state not recognize that and say, 'Indeed, we are at war with this group and we will destroy them?’”

Psaki dismissed the question and said the U.S. has"done more than any other country in the world... to take on the threat in Iraq."If only the goal was an A, and we were being graded on a curve.

5 days ago:

It's too soon to say what steps the United States will take against ISIS in Syria, President Barack Obama said Thursday.

"I don't want to put the cart before the horse," Obama told reporters during a White House news briefing. "We don't have a strategy yet."

"We need to make sure that we've got clear plans, that we're developing them. At that point, I will consult with Congress and make sure that their voices are heard," Obama said. "But there's no point in me asking for action on the part of Congress before I know exactly what it is that is going to be required for us to get the job done."

He had no problem bypassing congress when he released five terrorists from captivity....

"The terrorists of (ISIS) are losing arms and equipment," Obama said, and Iraqi and Kurdish forces are making inroads.

But "the idea that the United States or any outside power would perpetually defeat ISIS ... is unrealistic," Obama said.

Well they've beheaded two American journalists..... civilians. Isis is at war with us. We need to act swiftly and diligently before they show up at our door step. The president needs to take military action and I'll support it 100%.

easy.... I am sure someone here will come on and tell you how wrong you are.
    if a woman starts hitting me and won't stop , she's gonna get her lips tapped.

Notice he says he will consult Congress to "make sure their voices are heard". The only time our so called president wants to consult Congress or anyone for that matter is when he is looking for someone else to blame for his lack of action. O'bonehead has shown when it comes to something he believes in (like destroying this country) he will act on his own. I just hope our nation can survive another two years with this clown in charge!

Quote Originally Posted by Elkbowhuntr View Post
    Notice he says he will consult Congress to "make sure their voices are heard". The only time our so called president wants to consult Congress or anyone for that matter is when he is looking for someone else to blame for his lack of action. O'bonehead has shown when it comes to something he believes in (like destroying this country) he will act on his own. I just hope our nation can survive another two years with this clown in charge!
    Yeah me too!

He uses his executive power when it will benifit himself, friends or the democrat party. When there is a chance of something going wrong, he uses congress. That way he'll have somebody to blame. We keep seeing this over and over...not sure why anybody would be surprised at this point.

It is completely irrelevant what is best for the country and it's citizens.
    I shoot arrows with a bow

Team #7

BO needs some heavy consulting before making any decisions. That means another week maybe 2 of golf and 2 vacations, and a shopping spree for the queen. Can't take this playing world leader stuff too lightly you know.
    Nothing is fool proof because fools are so ingenious.

Quote of the day : " Life is too short to shoot and hunt with a mediocre crossbow ".

Quote Originally Posted by zap View Post
    5 days ago:
    .....He had no problem bypassing congress when he released five terrorists from captivity.........
    Good thing we don't negotiate with terrorists.

OK, so - I really feel I have to ask this, though I really don't WANT to: What'd zap do this time? Temp again, or Perma-ban?
    Parfois, on fait pas semblant!
    (Sometimes, it is not pretend!)

Quote Originally Posted by BluMeanie View Post
    OK, so - I really feel I have to ask this, though I really don't WANT to: What'd zap do this time? Temp again, or Perma-ban?
    What? So soon?
    Praesto et Persto

Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    What? So soon?
    Where's Rodney King when we need him?

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by PAdorn View Post
    Well they've beheaded two American journalists..... civilians. Isis is at war with us. We need to act swiftly and diligently before they show up at our door step. The president needs to take military action and I'll support it 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by sticshooter View Post
    easy.... I am sure someone here will come on and tell you how wrong you are.
    We seriously need to wipe ISIS off the map NOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Strother
    I'm adding you to my slander, defamation of character lawsuit, I'm really tired of all the BS you and L-Train spread so you both will be added to the proceedings and named as a defendant.

Have a great one.

Good Lord, seriously though? Dude doesn't learn or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Strother
    I'm adding you to my slander, defamation of character lawsuit, I'm really tired of all the BS you and L-Train spread so you both will be added to the proceedings and named as a defendant.

Have a great one.