a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: help needed from phoenix owners

help needed from phoenix owners

I had my brand new Mathews creed stolen a week and a half ago so last week I ordered a lefty phoenix in stormy hardwoods original. I am in the process of ordering new accessories and was hoping someone could give me some insight on stabilizer length. I will have a hha sight with the dial and the 2 inch sight ring with rheostat, I think it weighs 11 ounces, qad hdx rest, ktech string stop, and treelimb quiver. I am pretty sure I am gonna go with a bee stinger sport hunter xtreme stab and was wondering what length I should get. I was thinking 10 inch but if anyone has a setup similar to mine, what stab length would you recommend? thanks in advance guys

Many will say these bows shoot awesome without a stab and I agree but adding one surely won't hurt. I run the 10" B-Stinger on my Phoenix and it works well. I don't shoot as well with my quiver on the bow but just received the back bar riser mount from DCA and plan to start experimenting with an 8 or 6" B-Stinger back bar just to see if I can level her out while shooting with my quiver. Just so you can compare my setup I am using a CBE Tek Hybrid sight, QAD HDx rest, stock string stop, and Tightspot quiver.

I just see a lot of people on here stating how well balanced the bow already is and I don't want to mess that up but I do want the vibration dampening and stabilization that a stabilizer gives, I just don't want to throw the bow off balance but at the same time I believe that a stab under 8 inches is just a wrist sling holder and really doesn't offer any advantage.
    for what its worth I will not be shooting with the quiver attached unless I am stalking hogs.

I use a 8" b stinger stab , sword twilight hunter sight and Nap apache rest. My phoenix balances out good for me with this setup.
    Obsession Phoenix (Stormy hardwoods original)

only 2 answers?

6" B-Stinger on mine along with a HHA 5519. Balances nicely. I don't shoot with a quiver.
    Prime time is nearly upon us.

6" b-stinger on a 1 1/4" quick disconnect is perfect on mine.
    2014 Obsession Phoenix 70/30 Jeff Dixon/Brdymakr, 2nd Chance Archery tuned

2011 Elite Hunter 70/30 Center Circle Strings

I use an stokerized SS1 and I put bowjax on it front and back. I also have a range rover sight and a qad rest. Bow just sits there with no movement before or after the shot.

Thanks guys. I may go down to an 8inch but I really wanted to try a longer stab this time to settle my pins. I was wondering, do the quick connects not make noise? It just seems like a metal to metal connection without threads would make noise. Are y'all running the sport hunter extreme or the pro hunter maxx?

Sport hunter on mine.
    Obsession Phoenix (Stormy hardwoods original)

Many of my clients are using the DCA stabilizers with great results. Todd and Lana (owners of DCA) treat their dealers/customers much like Dennis and Angela...great service and great products = great choice for archers...
    2nd Chance Archery - Obsession Archery Dealership & 4 Phase Tuning Services
    Obsession Evolution...353+fps... Thump 'em Dead
    Obsession Phoenix and Sniper GT...343+fps...The Pit Vipers of hunting rigs
    Change or get left behind

I have both the 8 and 10 sport hunters and I prefer the 10.

8" B-stinger Sport Hunter Ext on my BT Insanity with the quick disconnect, no noise, and never comes loose.
    2013 BOWTECH INSANITY CPX / 30" / 72# / QAD HDX, / TROPHY RIDGE REACT 1 / B.E. CARNIVORES / QAD EXODUS
    2010 BOWTECH ADMIRAL FLX / 30" / 71# / QAD HDX, / G5 OPTIX XR / CX ARAMIDS / G5 - T3's
    2005 BOWTECH LIBERTY / SOLD / SSMH.

Thanks guys, I ended up ordering the b-stinger 8" sport hunter extreme with the quick disconnect, if memory serves me correctly it will be 9 3/4" total length.

I have a 10 inch B-Stinger and an 8 inch DCA. After using both on my Evolution the B-stinger works much better. The DCA looks better, but for function the B-Stinger wins hands down.