Archery Talk Forum banner

help needed from phoenix owners

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  gwa2712 
#1 ·
I had my brand new Mathews creed stolen a week and a half ago so last week I ordered a lefty phoenix in stormy hardwoods original. I am in the process of ordering new accessories and was hoping someone could give me some insight on stabilizer length. I will have a hha sight with the dial and the 2 inch sight ring with rheostat, I think it weighs 11 ounces, qad hdx rest, ktech string stop, and treelimb quiver. I am pretty sure I am gonna go with a bee stinger sport hunter xtreme stab and was wondering what length I should get. I was thinking 10 inch but if anyone has a setup similar to mine, what stab length would you recommend? thanks in advance guys

#2 ·
Many will say these bows shoot awesome without a stab and I agree but adding one surely won't hurt. I run the 10" B-Stinger on my Phoenix and it works well. I don't shoot as well with my quiver on the bow but just received the back bar riser mount from DCA and plan to start experimenting with an 8 or 6" B-Stinger back bar just to see if I can level her out while shooting with my quiver. Just so you can compare my setup I am using a CBE Tek Hybrid sight, QAD HDx rest, stock string stop, and Tightspot quiver.

#3 ·
I just see a lot of people on here stating how well balanced the bow already is and I don't want to mess that up but I do want the vibration dampening and stabilization that a stabilizer gives, I just don't want to throw the bow off balance but at the same time I believe that a stab under 8 inches is just a wrist sling holder and really doesn't offer any advantage.
for what its worth I will not be shooting with the quiver attached unless I am stalking hogs.

#9 ·
Thanks guys. I may go down to an 8inch but I really wanted to try a longer stab this time to settle my pins. I was wondering, do the quick connects not make noise? It just seems like a metal to metal connection without threads would make noise. Are y'all running the sport hunter extreme or the pro hunter maxx?

#11 ·
Many of my clients are using the DCA stabilizers with great results. Todd and Lana (owners of DCA) treat their dealers/customers much like Dennis and Angela...great service and great products = great choice for archers...

#13 ·
8" B-stinger Sport Hunter Ext on my BT Insanity with the quick disconnect, no noise, and never comes loose.

#14 ·
Thanks guys, I ended up ordering the b-stinger 8" sport hunter extreme with the quick disconnect, if memory serves me correctly it will be 9 3/4" total length.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.