Thread: Indentification/Information for 80's(?) Bear compound bow

Indentification/Information for 80's(?) Bear compound bow

I picked up the bow pictured here from a pawn shop in 1990 or 1991. It came with no owner's manual or any other information, I can't even find a serial number.

I recently added the whisker biscuit after the original arrow rest broke (the finish pealed off the riser when I pulled off the remains of the original rest). The riser is aluminum I think, certainly metal of some kind, limbs are fiberglass over wood. Other than the WB, I have made no modifications. Doing a Google search on "Bear Charger compound bow" has not returned any useful information or pictures.

20140901_193246.jpg 20140901_193417.jpg

20140901_193440.jpg 20140901_193555.jpg

20140901_193632.jpg

Ok, 200 views and no answers, not even guesses, so I'll ask two questions. 1. Is there more information that I can include that will help in identification? 2. Is there a better place for me to ask this (or this site or anywhere else)?

It is not like it's of the utmost importance or anything, but I would like to have some idea of what I've got.

If you check with the Bear archery web site they have a help section & if you send them pics they can help you ID the year of the bow as they helped me with an old Bear Polar. Good Luck.
    Stress is Just Wasted Emotion

Alpine Ventura, D S Advantage Rest, D S Advantage Sight, Archery Specialty Peep & Scope
    Alpine Ventura, Trophy Taker Rest, D S Advantage Sight & Scope, B-Stinger