a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Lone Wolf Hang-On

Lone Wolf Hang-On

Guys how many of you hunting out of lone wolf hang on stands are or would b comfortable securing the stand to the tree with only the top cam strap?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

I have hunted out of the lone wolf hang on stand a number of times. That being said I wouldn't do it without both straps.
    2014 PSE Full Throttle 65lbs, Medusa Max Rest, Trophy Ridge React One, Bowfinger Ultimate Side bar mount, 29DL, Gold Tip XT Hunter .300 @ 28 inches, 330ish FPS
    2012 Diamond Outlaw 72lbs, NAP Apache Rest, IQ 5Pin Sight,Trinity Archery 10 inch Stabilizer, 29DL, Easton FLatline .340 @ 28 inches, 305ish FPS

All my stands are LW. I think you need both straps to really lock the stand to the tree.
    Mathews Z7 Mathews Creed
    Hoyt Faktor

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote Originally Posted by burdog View Post
    All my stands are LW. I think you need both straps to really lock the stand to the tree.
    nope. it locks better with just the top strap. you can't cam lock the stand with both straps. the bottom strap was added for insurance reasons only. not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_E View Post
    Guys how many of you hunting out of lone wolf hang on stands are or would b comfortable securing the stand to the tree with only the top cam strap?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
    Out of curiosity why do you only want to use one strap?

Being a big guy, I am extra careful when hunting out of a hang-on.

This is the only one I use...

http://www.chippewawedgeloc.com/6-brutus-maximus.htm

expensive, but it's worth it in the piece of mind alone.
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by carbon arrow1 View Post
    nope. it locks better with just the top strap. you can't cam lock the stand with both straps. the bottom strap was added for insurance reasons only. not needed.
    ^this

I have an older Assault with only one versa-button,thus only one strap can be used. I have had at the very least 100 sits in that stand. Cam-locked properly that stand is rock-solid.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    I'm considering an XOP stand and I don't like the way the bottom strap attaches to the stand. They said it was not necessary so If I get that stand I might not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_E View Post
    I'm considering an XOP stand and I don't like the way the bottom strap attaches to the stand. They said it was not necessary so If I get that stand I might not use it.
    If the manufacturer said it was OK that would be good enough for me.

I fall out of stuff all the time and it's not that big of a deal it you lands on your feet and tuck and roll.

I use a ratchet strap for extra security! One strap doesn't cut it for me!
    HOYT FAKTOR 34
    SPOT HOGG Tommy Hogg
    B Stinger Sport Hunter Xtreme
    QAD HDX rest

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    because you can't cam lock the stand with both straps. cam locking will make the stand tighter to the tree than any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by carbon arrow1 View Post
    I have hung my LW stands with one strap and with two. Unless I'm missing something you absolutely can "cam lock" your LW using two straps. I put the top strap on first, lift the platform and cinch it down tight and lower the platform. I then install the bottom strap and cinch it down. Curious to hear how some others hang theirs.
    Mathews Z7 Mathews Creed
    Hoyt Faktor

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."