Thread: please help with paper tune issue

please help with paper tune issue

paper tune.jpg

how does this look is this how it is suspose to look when it is right? thanx for all the help
    the picture is sideways for some reason the left is the top.
    pse drive 60lb 30dl /ripcord codered/ bestinger pro 8in stab /limbsaver prism-light sight 5 pin /GT XYhunters 340 cut to 28 125gr field tips/ trufire edge max release.

You have a nock high tear and slightly right, raise rest in very small increments, until high tear is eliminated, then if you are still having a slight right tear, move rest horizontally until eliminated, there is a sticky at the top of this page, easton arrow tuning guide, read it.

If this is your PSE Drive then yoke tune your bow through paper at different distances to remove left/right tear. The high tear can either be cam timing or nock point. Make sure your arrow is set level and your cams are in sync at full draw. If you still have a high tear, then the upper half of your bow is pulling harder than the lower half. Having your lower cam's stop hit sooner than the top cam will lower a high tear. If you don't have a press then have a pro shop give you a hand.

thank you i have only one draw stop on the lower cam. i raised the nock and yoke tuned until it was perfect bullet hole thank you for the help. can my cams be out of tune at full draw and still shoot bullet holes? when im at full draw it looks as if the top cam is rotated more than the lower. is that cause my nock is not in the center of the string? ( its higher up). i appreciate all the help.
    pse drive 60lb 30dl /ripcord codered/ bestinger pro 8in stab /limbsaver prism-light sight 5 pin /GT XYhunters 340 cut to 28 125gr field tips/ trufire edge max release.

Why do you only have 1 draw stop?
    Bear Anarchy HC
    Bear Anarchy
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

that's how the bow was designed its a hybrid 1 1/2 cam

Quote Originally Posted by ebag600 View Post
    thank you i have only one draw stop on the lower cam. i raised the nock and yoke tuned until it was perfect bullet hole thank you for the help. can my cams be out of tune at full draw and still shoot bullet holes? when im at full draw it looks as if the top cam is rotated more than the lower. is that cause my nock is not in the center of the string? ( its higher up). i appreciate all the help.
    Yes, your cams can be out of sync and get perfect bullet holes. My Spyder and Agenda both shoot bullet holes with the top cam advanced and not in perfect sync. However, both bows are also shooting with level arrows. In other words, the arrow is perpendicular to the bow string, not nock high. I was getting a low tear with a perfect sync and removed the low tear by advancing the top cam. I would recommend leveling your arrow and syncing your cams then see if you get a high or low tear. It sounds like the lower half of your bow is pulling harder than the top, giving you a low tear. You can also loosen your bottom limb bolt to help a low tear. I would only go 1 fill turn difference from the top bolt (similar to tiller tuning). This is all in an attempt to achieve level nock travel, perfect bullet holes, the arrow leaving the bow as straight as possible. Fixed broadheads, bare shafts, and field points should all group together at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by ebag600 View Post
    that's how the bow was designed its a hybrid 1 1/2 cam
    Hmm. I guess I haven't looked at the Drive in a while. I was thinking it was a hybrid with two stops.
    Bear Anarchy HC
    Bear Anarchy
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

bplayer405: thank you i will try and loosen the bottom bolt and see if that helps. i appreciate all the advice.

huntinsker: i was confused at first reading about "making sure both draw stops hit at the same time" and only having one i thought my bow missing a top draw stop. then i read others with the same bow having the same set up. i think it has something to do with the top cam being similar to an idler wheel but i could be wrong, im very new to all this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bplayer405 View Post
    . If you don't have a press then have a pro shop give you a hand.
    I do have a bow press I made it from the diy section the pipe clamp press. It works great.