Archery Talk Forum banner

Broadheads

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Tom D 
#1 ·
I took out my Turbo II this morning and figured I'd see how my Slick Trick standards flew. First shot, 1" left, 1" high at 40 yards, feeling good at this point. Pulled arrow, shot again, 1" left, height perfect. Pulled arrow, put head on a different arrow, 6" low, not good. Shot same arrow again, 4" right. Put head on a different arrow, 7" left, 3" high. Ordered some NAP Killzone Crossbow from Wyvern, we'll see how they do.

#2 · (Edited)
They will settle down with the killzone. However you will really enhance predictability by spine testing. Baring that, turn the nock to try out different valves as the cock vane. If you are shooting flat or omni nocks, even easier to test; just turn the arrow and mark the clock vane that gives you the best results. BTW I've got three bows and shoot 100 gn NAP crossbow Killzones or spitfires in all of them.

#3 ·
Well I for the life of me cant get my Slick Trick Mags to shoot the way I want to. And that's Perfect. I'm using B.E.E arrows that are spine indexed and match grade. Bow is in time "perfectly". . I also spin test all my broad heads. My setup is only shooting 338 - 340 Fps. Not warp speed by any means. Have some mechanicals on the way. But I aint giving up on the Slicks. I thought with this setup every arrow would be guided to the ten ring by the hand of god. HELP US. Don't want to use Mechs.

#5 ·
I'm shooting TenPoint Pro Elites with omnis. I have numbered all 12, rotated cock vanes on each, and noted point of impact. Of the twelve arrows, 5 shoot same POI, 5 hit within an inch of the first 5, 1 is a POS, 1 is history. I was shooting the arrows that consistently shoot together and consistently shoot into 1.5" at 40 yards.

#12 ·
I am shooting 22" BEE out of a Tenpoint Venom, 466 grain with a heavy insert and 100 grain 1 1/8" VPA three blades. Under 1 1/2" groups at 40 yards but I had to sort 3 arrows out of the 5 I tried as 2 didn't group good or shoot consistent, only grouped them once as I was lucky not to ruin 2 of them that were nearly touching. shot spots 3 times with those 3 arrows and was good to go, I have had to use another cock vane at times to get an arrow to group with the others, and yes mine are minimum matched indexed and .001 straight. I would think with a little work the slicks (standard) would group well! cant beet the BEE's for accuracy!

#15 ·
I shot 100 grain Swackers and 100 grain G-5 Montecs out of my Excal 330 today. Both shot well but I think I am going to go with the Montecs as I was drilling a quarter size hole out of the target at 40 yards with them. The Swackers were almost as close but I shot my last crossbow kill with a Swacker and I like change. I am shooting 18" BEEs with 92 grain inserts, Blazer vanes and Luminocks. Comes out to 402 grains total.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.