Archery Talk Forum banner

if you owned a destroyer did the limbs ever BREAK

Destroyer limb breakage poll

14K views 163 replies 69 participants last post by  ONbuckhunter 
#1 ·
Destroyer owners poll. Limb breakage.
If you owned a bowtech destroyer, please vote on the poll. This about limbs BREAKING. not the flaking issue.

#8 ·
Pfff thats cosmetic... i can deal with a flaking bow if it shoots as well as the destroyers

#9 ·
I'm not a Bowtech fan but man those destroyers after nice. Buddy shoots one and as far as I know he has never had any limbs break.

#12 ·
I bought a new one the year they come out. Shot it for 2 years and my broinlaw has had it ever since. Its 70lbs and no issues as far as integrity. It looks like a bowl of corn flakes now but its a shooter. I cannot guess how many 1,000's of shots it been through. It has had 5 strings so far.

#13 ·
My cousin has one he's shot hell out of...no flakes. no breaks! I've shot his bow several times myself and its one of the easiest and best shooting bows I've ever shot! And I'm no Bowtech boy either. Last one I owned was a 2005 Allegiance...also a very fine bow!

#19 ·
I love bowtech and owned a few, but the limb issue is real at least in my world, broke limbs on each bowtech I owned and on 2 of them twice .
Had to buy a hoyt, now selling a brand new carbon knight never shot- that I got for my loved destroyer, I never wanted anything else it was a perfect bow by far. Than after 3 years I had noise like a cracked limb- back and fort to bowtech 3 times, they said it was something with cams but not sure- they changed cams and limbs finally . All this took a year and after I finally got the bow home took easton scale with a hook and drew it back a couple times it felt perfect- Drew it back one more time all happy and boom I thought I was hurt bad bottom limb totally exploded.
I was perfectly fine must have been just the adrenaline from total surprise , so I can't go with bowtech anymore- maybe it's just a bad luck but can't go trough that again at least with bowtech

#22 ·
My d340 was bought new by me in 2010. I've shot it more than I could ever put a number on. It's the best bow I've ever shot. It's on the second set of strings. Was pressed by baldyhunter on here only once.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.