Archery Talk Forum banner

Elite synergy speed tests??

17K views 47 replies 36 participants last post by  Doebuster 
#1 ·
The few threads about this bow have blown up. I am just interested in who has put em through a chronograph. I know not built for speed but I have only seen one speed test, I believe from a dealer, and it was well under ibo. I just cannot imagine it being that slow. The results posted were 284 fps at 60# 28" with 302 gr arrow. Anyone else?? I am going to test it Monday and plan to chrono it. I will post my findings here.

#6 ·
Exactly. ...I personally cannot justify spending that much money on a bow coming in that slow. Not that it won't kill but why.....smoother than the 35....for what? Holy crap the 35 is smooth as i would ever need. Over a 7 inch brace....why.....doing nothing but slowing it down. I absolutely love 33.5 ATA. I am almost thinking I would go for another answer if I had to have that ata. Anyway, bottom line I need to shoot one.

#8 ·
I would assume with a proper tune the Synergy will hit it's advertised speeds.

After no longer shooting higher poundage and now shooting my bows at 55-57 lbs, I have to say you can get all the smoothness and ease of draw by just shooting a bow with less poundage.

#10 ·
Sorry posted fast.
I personally cant tell a lick of difference between the 32 and synergy...both stack weight really quick and then just dump off.
the synergy though is SUPER SUPER quite..pretty crazy.

29/62.8lb synergy whisker buscuit and Dloop only...bow right out of the box
412gn arrow 266-267-266
380 gn arrow 277-277-276

#12 ·
I'm going to horrify the speed junkies, but with my Synergy I plan to slap on a Whisker Biscuit, shoot some 500gr arrows out of the 70# @ 28.5" and tie on some decent Cat whiskers. I could not care how fast it shoots, I never bother to shoot my bows through a chrono as from a hunting perspective speed is just not that important, super quiet and dead accurate however is crucial.

#14 ·
I think it's close to advertised ibo, no one buys an elite with a 7" brace height for speed. I would buy one for a smooth, easy draw and respectable speed along with a great warranty and a company who supplies a quality finished product. I have never had the chance to try one but the above is the impression given by owners. I would buy one tomorrow if I could be sure to get on with the grip and not get lumbered with one of the bows that don't seem to tune up right.

#18 ·
I don't think so. They killed in the hunting world last year. This year they are going after the target world. It is a much bigger market. With Levi's success I think they are looking to improve market share, with 90% of the bows being shot in Vegas being Hoyt, lots of opportunity. The pro speed crowd is vocal on AT, but the synergy is already being bought. When it comes down do to it most people are practical in their needs and their skill set. It provides a really nice hunting bow for the majority of hunters. Why do think Matthews are still so popular? Now the Victory, that is what they are hoping has a great year is my guess.

#25 ·
I think if Elite put out fast bows, they would kill themselves with the hunt guarantee.

With alot of new bows being on the brink of exploding to get the high speeds, I think warranty and returns numbers would skyrocket for them, and they could no longer afford the hunt guarantee. They have their niche selling shootability, and seem to do real well with it. Why abandon a good niche and marketing scheme just to chase speed. kinda reminds me of Hoyt. Not the fastest bows around, but dang tough bows for sure.

I've been thinking about trying an Elite just because they are a bit slower, and probably not nearly as close to the brink of exploding. In the long run this should equate to far less problems with limbs and cams.

Regards,

B

#26 ·
After shooting it I can say it is not bad. We ran it through at 28 60 out of the box not scaled at 270 with a 348gn arrow with a biscuit and dloop it is definitely an easier pull than the 32. Draw cycle is similar to the 35 without as much of the dump into the valley. I can see this being one that you could just continue shooting all day with minimal fatigue. It held just as well as the 35 and comparing the two I think the synergy has a little better riser geometry. I think that this bow could sway a lot of the Mathews shooters to elite. If this is the first elite someone had ever shot, they will be extremely impressed and will probably buy it. I know for me, I like speed but I also like to shoot all day sometimes. Can't have both so this bow may be an option. I could shoot it at a field shoot where you are slinging a couple hundred arrows a day.

I will admit that I was one that posted on another thread knocking the idea behind it and was quite skeptical. But it was a nice bow. It does have me looking forward to trying out the victory

#31 ·
Elite had the judge back in 2010, 347 ibo, nice bow. Long ata and not what you would call ELITE smooth but still a nice bow. Don't know why they stopped making it.

#41 ·
I stand corrected! Hahaha! Just got my Synergy today and it seems like the good folks at Elite are also so used to me always ordering everything in 80# that they sent the Synergy in 80# as well! Which is perfectly fine, it actually draws easier and a tad smoother than my Energy 35 at 77#

Cant wait to get it set up and shooting!

#43 ·
I have owned three Elite bows and I still think the Answer is a great bow. Since KS left the company there has not been a lot of performance improvements. Similar to Strother, Elite may find the farther they get away from the KS design the poorer the bows will perform. The companies with KS's involvement, Obsession and Xpedition, are formidable competitors that have better performance.

The specs from the 2008 Elite GT500:
BH -7.125 " ATA- 34.875" DL - 27 - 30 " DW- 50 lbs - 90 lbs IBO - 336 fps Weight - 4.1 lbs Let off -80%

I'm not sure Elite has improved much since this bow. The Synergy has a similar ATA, the same BH, but is heavier and slower. The new Impuse 34 has similar speeds but is a 6" BH bow and is heavier. Elite needs some new talent on their design team.

#44 ·
Performance to you is obviously speed, to me it's not. I've shot Elite since their start and enjoy the bows much more than the earlier models. They're certainly smoother and very little jump forward which is easier on your arms and joints. Accuracy is my main thing, I am more accurate with these bows than anything else I try and I try different brands every year.

Oh and btw, old thread alert..

#46 ·
My synergy is pulling 73lbs (have 80lb limbs) with 29.5in draw shooting a 365 grain arrow and I'm getting right at 310. That's before I've paper tuned and thoroughly checked everything else. I just put d-loop and rest on and put arrows through chrono to see speed right when I got it. I'll repost if my speeds go up after thoroughly tuning it. I was getting 307 with my Mathews Reezen 6.5 at 70lbs and the exact same arrow (Black eagle carnivore 350). My conclusion is that Mathews overrates their IBO's. Not hating on them (shot Mathews for 10+ years) but I'm very glad I made the switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.